The Tea Party Terrorists

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re: The Tea Party Terrorists

In Response to Re: The Tea Party Terrorists:
    [QUOTE]"Seems like her use of that term fits.  she is being blamed erroneously for something she did not do.  Maybe I don't understand the term?" Yeah, it fits perfectly.  She's chosen an elegant way to absolve herself from responsibility.  I'd expect nothing less.  To hell with a few million Jews.
    Posted by Ergoetal[/QUOTE]

Well, I 'm going to drop the blood libel discussion because you aregrasping at it in error, I think.   However, I am in curious exactly what you think Palin is responsible for.  The shooting?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Tea Party Terrorists : Your "Democratic playbook" is invented by yourself to foster your own black and white view of politics.  Besides a few random zealots, no Democrat says "all" people in opposition are any of these things.  I am not sure who said your quote. But it does not appear to advocate violence: no one has died from personalized criticism and ridicule.
    Posted by Reubenhop[/QUOTE]
    Don't confuse it with the "no one said all" BS. That has ALWAYS been implied! Look at Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton etc. If you are against their racist BS you MUST be a racist and that has been the Dem. playbook for most of my life!

It was Matty's and Rham Emanuel's favorite Saul Alinsky. He was the origin of Rahm's favorite saying "You never want a serious crisis to go to waste. And what I mean by that is an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before.”

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[QUOTE]I have to love how with still zero proof that this guy ever listened to anything on talk radio or anything Palin said, the far left wingnuts still believe it must be so. The left is funny remember how evil GITMO and the Patriot Act used to be? Funny how little the left cares about either now. Remember how great Obama was in 06 for voting against raising the debt ceiling?  Now if a GOPer votes to not raise it they are trying to ruin America, strange. Remember threats to kill Bush were fine on the left, but now just disagreeing with the president is at the very least racist Bush face painted to look like the Joker to the left funny, Obama painted to look like the Joker?  You guessed it racist. The Daily Kos and the DNC put targets and bullseye's over distracts, not a problem.  Palin does it, she is telling people to kill!
    Posted by shumirules[/QUOTE]
    Most STILL believe she said she could see Russia from her front porch! Carville was right... Repeat a lie enough and it becomes fact!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Tea Party Terrorists : Um, you've gone from the Tea Party Terrorists to Gitmo and the Patriot Act. And when did anyone on the left ever threaten President Bunnypants Bush? LOL. Face it, Crosshairs Sarah is bringing down the GOP. Deal with it.
    Posted by AlleyCatBruin[/QUOTE]
    Alley pull your head out of the sand! The left called for Bush's death (hanging, beheading etc.) for 8 years!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhatIsItNow. Show WhatIsItNow's posts

[QUOTE]A few Points:

Your rhetoric is ill founded and bad intentioned, not violent.
    Posted by skeeter20[/QUOTE]

Good argument. Compelling.  You are definitely not projecting. 

[sarcasm]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhatIsItNow. Show WhatIsItNow's posts

[QUOTE] The left called for Bush's death (hanging, beheading etc.) for 8 years!
    Posted by brat13[/QUOTE]

"The left"?  You mean a few stoned college kids?

Frankly, I think most people were merely hoping he'd eat more pretzels.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[QUOTE]"The left"?  You mean a few stoned college kids? Frankly, I think most people were merely hoping he'd eat more pretzels.
    Posted by WhatIsItNow[/QUOTE]
    Right only kids...

Maher: You could have went to New Hampshire and killed two birds with one stone.

Kerry: Or, I could have gone to 1600 Pennsylvania and killed the real bird with one stone.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]"The left"?  You mean a few stoned college kids? Frankly, I think most people were merely hoping he'd eat more pretzels.
    Posted by WhatIsItNow[/QUOTE]

So, now you are wishing he chokes to death on pretzels?  When does the hatred on the left stop? 

This is a prime example tha the ideas are on the Right, the hatred is on the Left  Lock-step with their masters, they wish death on those on the right at nearly every post possible..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]" However, I am in curious exactly what you think Palin is responsible for.  The shooting?" She's responsible for validating the fringe nutbags who consider using violence as a solution of some kind.  Her use of "blood libel" shows that she's OK with this kind of rhetoric.  If she were a leader, like she purports to be, she'd be trying to help calm the citizenry, not enflaming it by bringing up a whole new dimension of violence through her carefully considered use of "blood libel." I think she's looking to get rich, like Limbaugh, Beck, Malkin and the rest, and doesn't care who gets hurt, or what principles get stomped, in the meantime.

"She's responsible for validating the fringe nutbags who consider using violence as a solution of some kind."

HOW????  More rhetoric, no examples.  You can'[t come up with examples, becasue they don't exist.  you don't even get her point on blood libel.  Here's what Alan Derhiwitz has to say on the matter, a liberal with credibility:

"The term “blood libel” has taken on a broad metaphorical meaning in public discourse. Although its historical origins were in theologically based false accusations against the Jews and the Jewish People,its current usage is far broader. I myself have used it to describe false accusations against the State of Israel by the Goldstone Report. There is nothing improper and certainly nothing anti-Semitic in Sarah Palin using the term to characterize what she reasonably believes are false accusations that her words or images may have caused a mentally disturbed individual to kill and maim. The fact that two of the victims are Jewish is utterly irrelevant to the propriety of using this widely used term."

Face it, you are caught up not in facts, but hate.  you don't even pretend to have facts.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Tea Party Terrorists : Don't confuse it with the "no one said all" BS. That has ALWAYS been implied! Look at Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton etc. If you are against their racist BS you MUST be a racist and that has been the Dem. playbook for most of my life! It was Matty's and Rham Emanuel's favorite Saul Alinsky. He was the origin of Rahm's favorite saying "You never want a serious crisis to go to waste. And what I mean by that is an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before.”
    Posted by brat13[/QUOTE]

When you speak in absolutes ("all" dems do this...) it is in fat not implied that it is not an absolute ("some" dems do this...).  Speak what you mean. 

Remember Jackson and Sharpton have never actually been elected to anything.  They speak for only a small group in the Democratic coalition.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Tea Party Terrorists : So, now you are wishing he chokes to death on pretzels?  When does the hatred on the left stop?  This is a prime example tha the ideas are on the Right, the hatred is on the Left  Lock-step with their masters, they wish death on those on the right at nearly every post possible..
    Posted by skeeter20[/QUOTE]

You are hyperventilating.  Slow down, get some air: excessive, irresposible hyperbole will be the death of you.  Now he will blame me (and all the "Left") for causing him to breath heavy and hyperbolize often...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bill1013. Show bill1013's posts

The events in Arizona notwithstanding, the fact remains that the Tea Party is little more than a bunch of disgruntled, middle-aged white people who are mad as hell that a black man was elected president. These people would like to take this country back to the pre-civil rights era, when Jim Crow ruled the South. They are nothing more than the KKK minus the white robes and burning crosses.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Tea Party Terrorists : You are hyperventilating.  Slow down, get some air: excessive, irresposible hyperbole will be the death of you.  Now he will blame me (and all the "Left") for causing him to breath heavy and hyperbolize often...

Examples.  give me examples of this personal hatred on the Right.  going on to two weeks, and not one example.  not one.  If you were half as smart as you think you are, you would at least try to change the subject like Ergotal.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]The events in Arizona notwithstanding, the fact remains that the Tea Party is little more than a bunch of disgruntled, middle-aged white people who are mad as hell that a black man was elected president. These people would like to take this country back to the pre-civil rights era, when Jim Crow ruled the South. They are nothing more than the KKK minus the white robes and burning crosses.
    Posted by bill1013[/QUOTE]

Really.  Care to support that claim? 

Seeing that the TEA in TEA party stand forTAXED ENOUGH ALREADY, I think you are blindly following the rhetoric of your leftist superiors.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Tea Party Terrorists : When you speak in absolutes ("all" dems do this...) it is in fat not implied that it is not an absolute ("some" dems do this...).  Speak what you mean.  Remember Jackson and Sharpton have never actually been elected to anything.  They speak for only a small group in the Democratic coalition.
    Sorry Reuben. When you have to make multiple qualifiers in a debate you have lost! So it has to be an elected Democrat?
    “Racism is the ability to take your discrimination based on race and turn it into public policy,” State Sen. Kevin Parker told WWRL radio in New York City. “There’s only one kind of racism that’s functional in the world, and that’s white supremacy. And that’s what . . . a lot of the Republicans are
    Or...

A Tennessee House Democratic leader is drawing fire from Republicans for charging that some of President Obama's conservative critics in Tennessee are motivated by racism.

Rep. Mike Turner of Nashville, chairman of the House Democratic Caucus, made his remarks at a news conference Monday.
    Asked to elaborate afterward, Turner said, “I think some of the people who are against Obama are just against Obama because he’s African-American.”

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[QUOTE]The events in Arizona notwithstanding, the fact remains that the Tea Party is little more than a bunch of disgruntled, middle-aged white people who are mad as hell that a black man was elected president. These people would like to take this country back to the pre-civil rights era, when Jim Crow ruled the South. They are nothing more than the KKK minus the white robes and burning crosses.
    Posted by bill1013[/QUOTE]
    You are a fool! Have you ever been to a TP rally? This US Rep. has and has spoken at several...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Tea Party Terrorists : Democrats should avoid civil rights and the KKK like they do tax cuts, but NEVER seem to understand that it makes them look stupid.
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

There was a senator in recent times that was a liberal, a democrat, and a member of the KKK.  Can't seem to put my finger on his name...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Tea Party Terrorists : Sorry Reuben. When you have to make multiple qualifiers in a debate you have lost! So it has to be an elected Democrat? “Racism is the ability to take your discrimination based on race and turn it into public policy,” State Sen. Kevin Parker told WWRL radio in New York City. “There’s only one kind of racism that’s functional in the world, and that’s white supremacy. And that’s what . . . a lot of the Republicans are Or...   A Tennessee House Democratic leader is drawing fire from Republicans for charging that some of President Obama's conservative critics in Tennessee are motivated by racism. Rep. Mike Turner of Nashville, chairman of the House Democratic Caucus, made his remarks at a news conference Monday. Asked to elaborate afterward, Turner said, “I think some of the people who are against Obama are just against Obama because he’s African-American.”
    Posted by brat13[/QUOTE]

So you have a couple poltiicans.  You still don't have "all".  Hyperbole is not helpful.  Focusing on the fringe and labeling it mainstream is an ongoing problem with BOTH parties. 

And don't you think like Turner said that SOME of the opposition to Obama is based in race? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Tea Party Terrorists : Democrats should avoid civil rights and the KKK like they do tax cuts, but NEVER seem to understand that it makes them look stupid.

Do remind me how the anti-gay laws in the military were revoked.  Who were the leading Republicans for this effort?  All but 8 Republicans opposed it in the Senate.  All but 5 (!) Republicans voted against it in the House.  It of course was signed by a Democratic president. Obviously if the Dems stay away from civil rights they simply wont happen. 

The Democrats may not have a perfect civil rights record, but the Republicans have a simply dreadful one.  Odd that you have no time to bemoan this central fact in your own movement.  Look to those around you.  It can be pretty ugly.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Tea Party Terrorists : So you have a couple poltiicans.  You still don't have "all".  Hyperbole is not helpful.  Focusing on the fringe and labeling it mainstream is an ongoing problem with BOTH parties.  And don't you think like Turner said that SOME of the opposition to Obama is based in race? 
    Come on Reuben! You do it regularly here! Those of us against illegals are racist. You have done it several times! That is the THE card for Dems.
    Hyperbole? Maybe a VERY little but every time it seems D's pull out the race card and the R's pull out the Patriot card.
    I think there is @2% in BOTH parties who are against Obama because he is black. The rest of us are against him because we disagree with his ideas and vision of America. BUT when we say it we are immediately labeled racists. I have been there done that my whole life because of my beliefs and where I was born!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Tea Party Terrorists : Do remind me how the anti-gay laws in the military were revoked.  Who were the leading Republicans for this effort?  All but 8 Republicans opposed it in the Senate.  All but 5 (!) Republicans voted against it in the House.  It of course was signed by a Democratic president. Obviously if the Dems stay away from civil rights they simply wont happen.  The Democrats may not have a perfect civil rights record, but the Republicans have a simply dreadful one.  Odd that you have no time to bemoan this central fact in your own movement.  Look to those around you.  It can be pretty ugly.
    Funny how 2 Democrat Presidents signed DADT and The Uniform Code of Military Justice that established the policy and process for discharging homosexuals from the military.
    Also you may want to look at which party tried to stop the civil rights act of 1964...
    The most fervent opposition to the bill came from Senator Strom Thurmond (D-SC): "This so-called Civil Rights Proposals, which the President has sent to Capitol Hill for enactment into law, are unconstitutional, unnecessary unwise and extend beyond the realm of reason. This is the worst civil-rights package ever presented to the Congress and is reminiscent of the Reconstruction proposals and actions of the radical Republican Congress."
    On the morning of June 10, 1964, Senator Robert Byrd (D-W.Va.) completed a filibustering address that he had begun 14 hours and 13 minutes earlier opposing the legislation

The vote by party...

The original House version:[12]

• Democratic Party: 152-96   (61%-39%)
    • Republican Party: 138-34   (80%-20%)

Cloture in the Senate:[13]

• Democratic Party: 44-23   (66%–34%)
    • Republican Party: 27-6   (82%–18%)

The Senate version:[12]

• Democratic Party: 46-21   (69%–31%)
    • Republican Party: 27-6   (82%–18%)

The Senate version, voted on by the House:[12]

• Democratic Party: 153-91   (63%–37%)
    • Republican Party: 136-35   (80%–20%)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Tea Party Terrorists : Most STILL believe she said she could see Russia from her front porch! Carville was right... Repeat a lie enough and it becomes fact!
    Posted by brat13[/QUOTE]
    Crosshairs Sarah is a dimwitted, greedy, half-term governor without a clue. But hey, she said she can see Russia! Hahahahaaaaaaaaa! The republicans are such morons.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

[QUOTE]What I like is how she whined about the crosshairs and the blood libel thing by saying that "others" had done it. Well, gee.  What a leader. And I thought she was a personal responsibility type.
    She's an idiot. But republicans like her because she shoots animals for fun.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bill1013. Show bill1013's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Tea Party Terrorists : You are a fool! Have you ever been to a TP rally? This US Rep. has and has spoken at several...
    Posted by brat13[/QUOTE]

I've heard this guy, and when he talks, it sounds like he's reading text prepared by Fox News. In the pre-Civil War era, he would have been referred to as a 'house slave.'

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Tea Party Terrorists : Gosh Batman, who most recently used the term House Slave, which party was he speaking for and who was he referring to? This just gets easier

Come on, Greg.  It's like this:

When a progressive says it, it's "speaking truth to power"

When a conservative says it, it's "hate speech"

Get it?