The truth about global warming

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-eurasianearthlink-net. Show the-eurasianearthlink-net's posts

Re: The truth about global warming

I suppose that some of you are scientists!!!
    I am disappointed with you scientists because you talk talk talk about global warming warming warming which is temperature rise temperature rise temperature rise.

Instead of talking about temperature temperature temperature, YOU SHOULD BE TALKING ABOUT THE RISE OF HEAT, CALORIES, BTUS.

IN CHANGE OF STATE FROM SOLID TO LIQUID  OR LIQUID TO GAS,  perhaps even solid to gas,   A SUBSTANCE WILL RECEIVE A LOT A LOT A LOT OF HEAT, BTUs, CALORIES  YET THE TEMPERATURE WILL NOT RISE.

ALSO, FOR A GIVEN TEMPERATURE RISE,   WATER FOR EXAMPLE WILL  REQUIRE MORE HEAT, MORE CALORIES, MORE BTUs  THAN OIL.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from easydoesit2. Show easydoesit2's posts

I have given up on hearing the "TRUTH" from anyone on this subject. Just yesterday I read about the "Carbon Bomb" of Peat that covers huge swaths of the Northern Hemisphere.  I seem to recall not too many years ago that these deposits in remote areas would be the planet's hope for heating needs when oil became too scarce. Now it's a bane.  So, what is the "truth"?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Marie-Devine-Divine-Way. Show Marie-Devine-Divine-Way's posts

http://thepostnemail.wordpress.com/2009/11/13/briston-univ-study-contradicts-fundamental-tenents-of-copenhagen-treaty/#comment-2407

This agrees with a NOVA program.

NOVA had a program a number of years ago that if the sun and moon were a little closer, it would dramatically increase the CO2 and you would almost be able to watch things grow, they would grow so fast.  By reducing CO2 it would decrease the growing capacity of the earth; we would die from starvation.

The employment lifestyle is destroying the world and our health, physically, emotionally and spiritually.  We are making jobs just for the sake of making jobs, seeking riches while destroying ourselves.  The only sustainable and reasonable solution is to "retire."  We can turn to a garden paradise lifestyle with trees, plants and pets that provide fresh food around us.   That gives us the true riches of peace and contentment with families together.   That solves "climate change" and pollution of our air, land, water and food, disease, energy crisis, war, immigration, financial crises, and social problems at the same time.   Any other solution causes other problems, takes away our freedoms and is not even a good delay.

Between counter-productive and ineffective "indulgences" and continuing the polluting oppressive employment lifestyle, we have errors in science thinking CO2 is bad when it is good for the planet.  When we add the fact that God is against nations joining together for protection and prosperity and He frustrates, confuses and destroys their plans, (Psalm 1 and 2, 11 Chronicles 16:7-12; 20:35-37; Leviticus 26) there is no point in going to Copenhagen except to withdraw from the United Nations formally.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cookie-rojas. Show cookie-rojas's posts

In Response to The truth about global warming:
    We have almost doubled atmospheric CO2 in the last 200 years. CO2 is now at the highest level ever recorded, and the Antarctic ice core record goes back 600,000 years. The North Polar ice cap is melting at a rate of 4-6% per decade. Most of the world's glaciers are melting away as well. If the arctic tundra melts, it will release methane which is 20 times more powerful a greenhouse gas than CO2. We are on the edge of some very powerful changes. All this is happening inspite of the the fact that the Sun is at its lowest level of activity in 80 years. This is serious problem that the right has politicized. They are wrong. Every national scientific society on the planet recognizes global warming as a problem. The only people that don't are the American Petroleum Institute, and their lackies, the Republican Party.
    Posted by Kirk6

So glad you're back, however you got some "splainin' to do Lucy", all of your statements take on a new meaning.  EVERYTHING you have ever posted on this subject is now easily disputed or considered "tainted".  You can thank all of the zealots and profiteers like al G(wh)ore for that.  Like you, they are all so he!!-bent on being right and getting their big juicy research grants, that they stooped to deceipt to prove their point.

You and your friends are toast, it's over, find a new hobby. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ohhhhh-Bammy. Show Ohhhhh-Bammy's posts

We have almost doubled atmospheric CO2 in the last 200 years. CO2 is now at the highest level ever recorded, and the Antarctic ice core record goes back 600,000 years. The North Polar ice cap is melting at a rate of 4-6% per decade. Most of the world's glaciers are melting away as well. If the arctic tundra melts, it will release methane which is 20 times more powerful a greenhouse gas than CO2. We are on the edge of some very powerful changes. All this is happening inspite of the the fact that the Sun is at its lowest level of activity in 80 years. This is serious problem that the right has politicized. They are wrong. Every national scientific society on the planet recognizes global warming as a problem. The only people that don't are the American Petroleum Institute, and their lackies, the Republican Party.
    Posted by Kirk6

No comment ol buddy.

Just wanted you to read your own words... at the end of post.  
    Pity you can't see this as a political industrial propaganda movement. For someone so hyped to conspiracies.. you won't accept something so blatant. Why I ask.

Because it isn't in your own vested interest? Want to buy a bridge? ..or a rolex?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

Posted by Kirk6

Kirk, the news just keeps getting worse for you and your rotund master Al...

There are many kinds of truth. Al Gore was hit by an inconvenient one yesterday.

The former vice president, who became an unlikely figurehead for the green movement after narrating the Oscar-winning documentary "An Inconvenient Truth," became entangled in a new climate change row.

Gore, speaking at the Copenhagen climate change summit, stated the latest research showed that the Arctic could be completely ice-free in five years.

In his speech, Gore told the conference: "These figures are fresh. Some of the models suggest to Dr. [Wieslav] Maslowski that there is a 75 percent chance that the entire north polar ice cap, during the summer months, could be completely ice-free within five to seven years."

However, the climatologist whose work Gore was relying upon dropped the former vice president in the water with an icy blast.

"It's unclear to me how this figure was arrived at," Dr. Maslowski said. "I would never try to estimate likelihood at anything as exact as this."

Gore's office later admitted that the 75 percent figure was one used by Dr. Maslowski as a "ballpark figure" several years ago in a conversation with Gore.

The embarrassing error cast another shadow over the conference after the controversy over the hacked e-mails from the University of East Anglia's Climate Research Unit, which appeared to suggest that scientists had manipulated data to strengthen their argument that human activities were causing global warming.

Go to this link to read the rest and the picture is, as they say, worth a 1000 words!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/environment/copenhagen/article6956783.ece

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

In Response to Re: The truth about global warming:
    "Every national scientific society on the planet recognizes global warming as a problem." Given to exaggeration a bit Kirk? I expect that every scientific society on the planet in 1500 recognized that the Sun revolved around the Earth. Kirk, if global warming is going to cause the seas to rise, cause droughts, shift agricultural areas, etc., then why isn't anyone talking about real solutions like dams, dikes, levee, bridges, food production planning, migrating populations from endangered areas, etc??? Here is the website of a global warmign kook like you that is talking about real solutions instead of fixating on CO2 emissions: www. lomborg .com/ Kirk, what if you are right about global warming and we spend all this time and money on CO2 and get nowhere while the oceans rise and agriculture shifts geographically and we do nothing about it? CO2 freaks only care about redistributing wealth. "Climate Justice" bullshiite. That is their only solution. They are like Nero palying the fiddle while Rome burns.
    Posted by Newtster

I saw this guy (Bjorn Lomborg) on Fox over the weekend and he seems very stable. He made a lot of sense and agrees that the hysteria is hiding the true causes. He also said Gore (and his soldiers) have done more to hurt the cause because he stretches and lies so much.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

If it shortens my ride to the ocean, decreases my oil costs and minimizes my winters then I'm all for global warming.  Let the melting begin!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cookie-rojas. Show cookie-rojas's posts

If it shortens my ride to the ocean, decreases my oil costs and minimizes my winters then I'm all for global warming.  Let the melting begin!!!
    Posted by macnh1

But....but....what about the polar bears!!!!!!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 7x4. Show 7x4's posts

polar bears taste delicious. just like chicken.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from craigm68. Show craigm68's posts

In Response to Re: The truth about global warming : I suppose that if he was on FOX News then he must have been paid off by Halliburton and Dick Cheney.
    Posted by Newtster

I bet you don't even know what Halliburton does, or what Dick Cheney's involvement was.

Let me guess, no war for oil, right? Boy is that tired. So where is all the oil?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dieselguy. Show dieselguy's posts

We need to wake up. If these idiots agree on a new ream us treaty Nobama will sign it. If congress ratifies it our control of our future will be in the hands of the UN. These idiots want to ruin us. If congress can't agree on a treaty or cap and tax the EPA under Nobama will order all our power plants to shut down. Get out the flashlights! The only answer is to vote in reps who will stop this. First we can send a message to the Senate by voting for Scott Brown to replace the nicely dead Kennedy. Next we need to send our support to candidates from other states that are having mid-term elections. These must be candidates who will help our economy recover, not spend us into bankruptcy. I am now going to take a deep breath and exhale some CO2 to feed a few plants. Oh, that gas is hazardous to our health!-( 

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts