Think an Airliner crash could have toppled the Towers?...Think again!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrimsGhost. Show GrimsGhost's posts

Think an Airliner crash could have toppled the Towers?...Think again!

Frank DeMartini was the General Construction Manager of the complete World Trade Center project, and had a deep and intimate understanding of the building's design and capabilities.

He is on the record saying the Towers would shrug off an airliner crash, and even multiple airliner crashes.

Frank DeMartini being interviewed in his WTC1 office on the 88th floor on Jan 25th, 2001. Frank DeMartini died on September 11th a hero. After accompanying his wife down 88 flights of stairs from his office in the North Tower, he went back up with fellow WTC worker Pablo Ortiz and rescued over 70 people. DeMartini and Ortiz - both 49 years of age - perished in the collapse of the North Tower.

He said "The building was designed to have a fully loaded 707 crash into it, that was the largest plane at the time."

He went on to say, "I believe the building could sustain multiple impacts of multiple jetliners because, this structure is like the mosquito netting on your screen door, this intense grid, and the jet plane is just a pencil, puncturing the netting, it really does nothing to the screen netting."

He knew that the way the design had accomplished the survivability of one plane impact would have allowed the building to survive multiple impacts.  The design specification called for the survivability of one fully loaded four engined jetliner, but the design execution provided uncalled-for robustness beyond the requirements.

Regardless of that amazing design, on 9/11, one plane impact brought down WTC2, one plane impact brought down WTC1, and no plane impact brought down WTC7, the only steel framed high rise structures to collapse - for any reason other than a controlled demolition  - in history.

See it for yourself:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO1JxpVb2eU

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrimsGhost. Show GrimsGhost's posts

Re: Think an Airliner crash could have toppled the Towers?...Think again!

Here is another early interview with Structural Engineer Charlie Thornton who backs up DeMartini's claims:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8Z_X8xgrF8

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

slc:
    "Frank DeMartini is often cited by the 9-11 Deniers as an example of someone who believed that the Twin Towers could not have been brought down by airplanes, including the dolts who designed the "Patriots Question 9-11" site. DeMartini said what is attributed to him, but it is despicable to include him on that website, when he is not around to defend himself from the lies of the Islamofascist apologists that make up the 9-11 "Truth" movement."

DeMartini is one of the true heroes of 9-11, as the book 102 Minutes: The Untold Story of the Fight to Stay Alive Inside the Twin Towers makes clear. Quoting from pages 164-165:

There was no further word or sightings of Pete Negron, thirty-four, father of two, or of Carlos DaCosta, forty-one, father of two; or of Pablo Ortiz, forty-nine, father of two; or of Frank DeMartini, forty-nine, father of two--four men who worked anonymously for a faceless government bureaucracy. On the morning of September 11, 2001, they tore open walls with crowbars and shined flashlights and pried apart elevator doors on the 90th, 89th, 88th, 86th, and 78th floors, saving the lives of at least seventy people in the north tower. When last heard from, they were on their way to try to free more, no doubt believing that the building they were in would last long beyond their old age."

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from movingtarget2. Show movingtarget2's posts

All that's missing is Arthur Laffer telling us how white is black and up is down.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrimsGhost. Show GrimsGhost's posts

In Response to Re: Think an Airliner crash could have toppled the Towers?...Think again!:
    [QUOTE]I think he was not asked to account for the affects of jet aviation fuel and human flatuence on the integirty of the steel structure.
    Posted by Newtster[/QUOTE]

He said fully loaded, that means jet fuel.

The designers understood that airliners contain jet fuel, and it would be pure ignorance to suggest that they prepared their structure to survive a 707 collision, but simply never considered the fuel.  Are you purely ignorant?

Well, maybe ignorant is too kind, for some mindless creep making jokes about "flatuence" from the thousands who were crushed and blasted to their deaths.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrimsGhost. Show GrimsGhost's posts

In Response to Re: Think an Airliner crash could have toppled the Towers?...Think again!:
    [QUOTE]slc: "Frank DeMartini is often cited by the 9-11 Deniers as an example of someone who believed that the Twin Towers could not have been brought down by airplanes, including the dolts who designed the "Patriots Question 9-11" site. DeMartini said what is attributed to him, but it is despicable to include him on that website, when he is not around to defend himself from the lies of the Islamofascist apologists that make up the 9-11 "Truth" movement." DeMartini is one of the true heroes of 9-11, as the book 102 Minutes: The Untold Story of the Fight to Stay Alive Inside the Twin Towers makes clear. Quoting from pages 164-165: There was no further word or sightings of Pete Negron, thirty-four, father of two, or of Carlos DaCosta, forty-one, father of two; or of Pablo Ortiz, forty-nine, father of two; or of Frank DeMartini, forty-nine, father of two--four men who worked anonymously for a faceless government bureaucracy. On the morning of September 11, 2001, they tore open walls with crowbars and shined flashlights and pried apart elevator doors on the 90th, 89th, 88th, 86th, and 78th floors, saving the lives of at least seventy people in the north tower. When last heard from, they were on their way to try to free more, no doubt believing that the building they were in would last long beyond their old age."
    Posted by BobinVa[/QUOTE]

That's nonsense.

By your logic, no one can be quoted after they die, because they're not around to give their permission.

All that anyone is doing is quoting, word for word, his knowledge of the robustness of the design, and the built-in survivability from plane crashes.

And he died believing in that robustness, as he went back in several times to rescue others.

If those towers were not taken out with the help of explosives, he would be here today to grant you your desire for his permission to a public domain video interview.

And "Islamofascist"? Is this a new debunker spin tactic? Why don't you just stick to the facts and stop the pejorative and baseless name calling. Oh, that's right, you have no facts.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SnarkyTart. Show SnarkyTart's posts

who had the most to gain from 911?  start there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rushfan2112. Show Rushfan2112's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Think an Airliner crash could have toppled the Towers?...Think again! : Oh, that's right, you have no facts.
    Posted by GrimsGhost[/QUOTE]

Neither do you.  The only fact that you have is the buildings fell.  The rest is pure speculation aided by a wild imagination and a extraordinary ability to cut and paste.

Your ignorance to science is remarkable.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from E-. Show E-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Think an Airliner crash could have toppled the Towers?...Think again! : Begin your day with a friendly voice A companion unobtrusive Plays that song that is so elusive And the magic that is music, makes your morning mood. I am beating the sht out that tune every Tuesday. Alone - Just me and a Tele
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

Nice to see some fellow Rush fans. Did you catch the documentary Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage? Pretty cool to learn how they met and the details behind their music. Also cool to hear their peers in the industry talk about them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rushfan2112. Show Rushfan2112's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Think an Airliner crash could have toppled the Towers?...Think again! : Begin your day with a friendly voice A companion unobtrusive Plays that song that is so elusive And the magic that is music, makes your morning mood. I am beating the sht out that tune every Tuesday. Alone - Just me and a Tele

I sold my Tele 18 years ago and have regretted it ever since...but I picked up an extra nice USA Strat that takes some of ths sting away.  My PRS is still #1 though.

They are playing Boston on Tuesday...got tix...can't wait, haven't seen them since Vapor Trails (Grim, that would be chemtrails to you).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rushfan2112. Show Rushfan2112's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Think an Airliner crash could have toppled the Towers?...Think again! : Nice to see some fellow Rush fans. Did you catch the documentary Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage? Pretty cool to learn how they met and the details behind their music. Also cool to hear their peers in the industry talk about them.
    Posted by E-[/QUOTE]
    I didn't catch that but heard about it...VH1 is doing Rush Hashanah again this year...

http://news.2112.net/2010/08/rush-hashanah-coming-to-vh1-classic.html

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrimsGhost. Show GrimsGhost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Think an Airliner crash could have toppled the Towers?...Think again! : Neither do you.  The only fact that you have is the buildings fell.  The rest is pure speculation aided by a wild imagination and a extraordinary ability to cut and paste. Your ignorance to science is remarkable.
    Posted by Rushfan2112[/QUOTE]

OK, let's discuss ignorance to science, shall we?

NISTS's ignorance to science is remarkable, after all, they put forward scenarios where their pancake collapse model worked brilliantly, but ... oops... left the inner core columns standing! And they released this crackpot theory to the world, as these NOVA clips prove, before they were laughed out of their laboratory and had to retract their "theory".

And in their scientific world, steel and construction concrete melt in fires that are 1,000 degrees below those materials actual melting points.

Where free fall can be accomplished, not through the path of least resistance (air), but through the path of greatest resistance (the rest of the structure below)

And in NISTS's Scienceland, Newton's Laws are suspended to allow a 16 story chunk of building to pound down and destroy the other 94 storys below it - you know, the old "every action has an equal but opposite reaction" Law?

Newton's Laws? They're so the 1690's 

And of course, they forgot that the top of the Towers were constructed with 5 times thinner structural steel than the bottom fifth, because the top would support far less weight than the base, and still that little old top chunk was the "engine that could" smashing everything to talcum power-like dust, all the way to the street, and then, amazingly, smashing itself to dust.

And you speak of ignorance to science?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrimsGhost. Show GrimsGhost's posts

[QUOTE]who had the most to gain from 911?  start there.
    Posted by SnarkyTart[/QUOTE]

Bingo!

Cui bono ("To whose benefit?", literally "as a benefit to whom?", a double dative construction) is a Latin adage that is used either to suggest a hidden motive or to indicate that the party responsible for something may not be who it appears at first to be.

Commonly the phrase is used to suggest that the person or people guilty of committing a crime may be found among those who have something to gain, chiefly with an eye toward financial gain. The party that benefits may not always be obvious or may have successfully diverted attention to a scapegoat…

That’s the Motive part of the tried and true detective methodology, means, motive, opportunity!

In US  Criminal law, means, motive, and opportunity is a popular cultural summation of the three aspects of a crime needed to convince a jury of guilt in a  criminal proceeding. Respectively, they refer to: the ability of the defendant to commit the crime (means), the reason the defendant had to commit the crime (motive), and whether or not the defendant had the opportunity to commit the crime (opportunity). Ironically, motive is not an element of many crimes, but proving motive can often make it easier to convince a jury of the elements that must be proved for a conviction.

If this crime-solving method were applied to the attack of 9/11, it would force people to think for a change, instead of the knee-jerk “kill Osama” reaction we experienced.

One thing for sure, Osama and his cohorts, or Akidey, or any of those who were instantly accused of this crime, gained nothing, and lost just about everything.

But there were others who clearly benefitted, and massively so, unimaginably so.  Trillions upon trillions of profit, and a death grip on our nation directing us to endless, unwinnable, wars on terror, for their massive benefit.  How damned convenient that those ignorant terrorists would provide exactly the perfect excuse for them, just when they needed it?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rushfan2112. Show Rushfan2112's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Think an Airliner crash could have toppled the Towers?...Think again! : OK, let's discuss ignorance to science, shall we? NISTS's ignorance to science is remarkable, after all, they put forward scenarios where their pancake collapse model worked brilliantly, but ... oops... left the inner core columns standing! And they released this crackpot theory to the world, as these NOVA clips prove, before they were laughed out of their laboratory and had to retract their "theory". And in their scientific world, steel and construction concrete melt in fires that are 1,000 degrees below those materials actual melting points. Where free fall can be accomplished, not through the path of least resistance (air), but through the path of greatest resistance (the rest of the structure below) And in NISTS's Scienceland, Newton's Laws are suspended to allow a 16 story chunk of building to pound down and destroy the other 94 storys below it - you know, the old "every action has an equal but opposite reaction" Law? Newton's Laws? They're so the 1690's  And of course, they forgot that the top of the Towers were constructed with 5 times thinner structural steel than the bottom fifth, because the top would support far less weight than the base, and still that little old top chunk was the "engine that could" smashing everything to talcum power-like dust, all the way to the street, and then, amazingly, smashing itself to dust. And you speak of ignorance to science?  

You just proved my point with that spectacular cut and paste job.  Thanks.

If you want to continue to blindly follow someone else's insane theory, at least cut and paste something that is not a fabrication, taken out of context, or simply not true.  And produce the unmistakeable audio of a controlled demo.  You can't do this because it doesn't exist.

Thanks for playing though.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from E-. Show E-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Think an Airliner crash could have toppled the Towers?...Think again! : Oh, I have it DVR'd forever

I actually watched it last night again. Three of the coolest "nerds" for sure! And I mean that in the most complimentary way.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rushfan2112. Show Rushfan2112's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Think an Airliner crash could have toppled the Towers?...Think again! : I actually watched it last night again. Three of the coolest "nerds" for sure! And I mean that in the most complimentary way.
    Posted by E-[/QUOTE]

It's on again at 4:30 today...the DVR is ready to go.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrimsGhost. Show GrimsGhost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Think an Airliner crash could have toppled the Towers?...Think again! : You just proved my point with that spectacular cut and paste job.  Thanks. If you want to continue to blindly follow someone else's insane theory, at least cut and paste something that is not a fabrication, taken out of context, or simply not true.  And produce the unmistakeable audio of a controlled demo.  You can't do this because it doesn't exist. Thanks for playing though.

Cut and paste?

All original work there, little debunker, my thoughts, my graphics. Try this, Google any part of my reply, and see if it pulls anybody else's work, I dare you.

But back to the real issue, the scientific facts that you can't deny, that NIST can't deny, prove that their official story relies on defying the laws of physics, not just once, but multiple times.

I ask you and anyone else reading this, is it possible to defy the laws of physics?

Let me help you with that tough question... No, it's not! And since it's impossible to defy the laws of physics, the official story is a complete farce.

Instead of wasting your time accusing me of "blindly follow someone else's insane theories", let's see you explain away just one of my facts; Tell us how a 16 story chunk of building can completely destroy the 94 story structure below it.  And for extra credit, explain how that 16 story chunk then completely destroyed itself, leaving behind 3 story's of pulverized concrete and shattered, twisted, melted steel.

And by the way, I'm not "playing", I'm deadly serious.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rushfan2112. Show Rushfan2112's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Think an Airliner crash could have toppled the Towers?...Think again! : Cut and paste? All original work there, little debunker, my thoughts, my graphics. Try this, Google any part of my reply, and see if it pulls anybody else's work, I dare you. But back to the real issue, the scientific facts that you can't deny , that NIST can't deny , prove that their official story relies on defying the laws of physics, not just once, but multiple times. I ask you and anyone else reading this, is it possible to defy the laws of physics? Let me help you with that tough question... No , it's not! And since it's impossible to defy the laws of physics, the official story is a complete farce. Instead of wasting your time accusing me of " blindly follow someone else's insane theories ", let's see you explain away just one of my facts; Tell us how a 16 story chunk of building can completely destroy the 94 story structure below it.  And for extra credit, explain how that 16 story chunk then completely destroyed itself, leaving behind 3 story's of pulverized concrete and shattered, twisted, melted steel. And by the way, I'm not "playing", I'm deadly serious.

Yes Grim.  Cut and paste, it's something you do extremely well.  In fact, I like to refer to it now as the "Grim two-step".  I posted instructions on your other silly thread. 

Original work?  Now you're just flat out lying.  But thanks for the laugh.

I don't think I deny anything.  I especially don't deny the fact that you are, at the risk of repeating myself, blindly following someone elses insane theory. 

I also can't deny that you have demonstrated difficulty with understanding the most basic principles of physical science.

When you have that audio available...please post it.  Thanks for playing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrimsGhost. Show GrimsGhost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Think an Airliner crash could have toppled the Towers?...Think again! : Yes Grim.  Cut and paste, it's something you do extremely well.  In fact, I like to refer to it now as the "Grim two-step".  I posted instructions on your other silly thread.  Original work?  Now you're just flat out lying.  But thanks for the laugh. I don't think I deny anything.  I especially don't deny the fact that you are, at the risk of repeating myself, blindly following someone elses insane theory.  I also can't deny that you have demonstrated difficulty with understanding the most basic principles of physical science. When you have that audio available...please post it.  Thanks for playing.

Your agenda is showing, and the casual visitors, like SnarkyTart, get it.

Oh, and thanks for the *bump*

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rushfan2112. Show Rushfan2112's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Think an Airliner crash could have toppled the Towers?...Think again! : Your agenda is showing, and the casual visitors, like SnarkyTart, get it. Oh, and thanks for the *bump*

What?  No cut and paste?

My agenda is showing?  Oh my!  I guess my bosses out here in Ohio will be upset with me now.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rushfan2112. Show Rushfan2112's posts

It was Ohio that you said I was from, right?  Just making sure.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DevilinBoston. Show DevilinBoston's posts

In Response to Think an Airliner crash could have toppled the Towers?...Think again!:
    [QUOTE]He is on the record saying the Towers would shrug off an airliner crash, and even multiple airliner crashes.

They also said the Titianic was unsinkable.  She didn't even make one Atlantic crossing before ending up on the bottom of the ocean.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

Apparently none of you "truthers" ever played Jenga.  Seriously--If you weaken the structure, it's going to fall.  Same with steel--the heat and flames and collision weakened the steel, causing the towers to collapse. 

But I realize my voice means nothing when a French born Oscar winner and Rosie O'Donnell say the government did it. 

There's a very good documentary the History channel runs often debunking all the conspiracy theories. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyMeade. Show BobbyMeade's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Think an Airliner crash could have toppled the Towers?...Think again! : Cut and paste? All original work there, little debunker, my thoughts, my graphics. Try this, Google any part of my reply, and see if it pulls anybody else's work, I dare you. But back to the real issue, the scientific facts that you can't deny , that NIST can't deny , prove that their official story relies on defying the laws of physics, not just once, but multiple times. I ask you and anyone else reading this, is it possible to defy the laws of physics? Let me help you with that tough question... No , it's not! And since it's impossible to defy the laws of physics, the official story is a complete farce. Instead of wasting your time accusing me of " blindly follow someone else's insane theories ", let's see you explain away just one of my facts; Tell us how a 16 story chunk of building can completely destroy the 94 story structure below it.  And for extra credit, explain how that 16 story chunk then completely destroyed itself, leaving behind 3 story's of pulverized concrete and shattered, twisted, melted steel. And by the way, I'm not "playing", I'm deadly serious.

A Gad damn strong wind could have toppled those towers. A gentle breeze could have toppled those towers. A pigeon's tailwind could have toppled those towers. A sparrowfart could have toppled those towers.