Think an Airliner crash could have toppled the Towers?...Think again!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DevilinBoston. Show DevilinBoston's posts

Re: Think an Airliner crash could have toppled the Towers?...Think again!

In Response to Re: Think an Airliner crash could have toppled the Towers?...Think again!:
    Apparently none of you "truthers" ever played Jenga.  Seriously--If you weaken the structure, it's going to fall.  Same with steel--the heat and flames and collision weakened the steel, causing the towers to collapse.  But I realize my voice means nothing when a French born Oscar winner and Rosie O'Donnell say the government did it.  There's a very good documentary the History channel runs often debunking all the conspiracy theories. 
    Posted by mhc90

Amen, sister.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from topaz978. Show topaz978's posts

Re: Think an Airliner crash could have toppled the Towers?...Think again!

As I note every time you bring this up. The fire temps you speculate were not the actual temps. Steel is easily worked and molded well below melting point. At the actual temps seen in the metal steel lost the strengh needed for the structure. Temps also caused the untied floor beams to separate from their structure. The FLOORS were not designed to hold the weight of several higher floors structural weight. As the floors landed and piledup each floor failed in sequence. You can bend cold steel and concrete floors if you stack 100 times their rated carrying weight on them. Engineers do this all the time. Remember the floor is held in this structure by vertical elements. The floor can fail without the verticals failing until they are twisted out of line and lose the correct structural configuration.

Sections
Shortcuts