TSA Force Breast Cancer Patient To Submit To Patdown

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from freedom2fascism. Show freedom2fascism's posts

TSA Force Breast Cancer Patient To Submit To Patdown

If you read the story below, please bear in mind the following FACT:

Since 9/11 there have been over 7 Billion passengers that have departed from US airports without a single one of them being discovered as a terrorist.

A DNA sample that excludes 7 billion people may provoke a jury into a guilty verdict for a charge of murder, with a potential death sentence included, yet the TSA continues to violate and humiliate American citizens while chasing ghosts.

I will not fly anymore because of this, and I am not alone - and in hard economic times where the airlines are financially collapsing anyway, this tyrannical and unconstitutional nonsense needs to cease.

TSA Force Breast Cancer Patient To Submit To Patdown, Refuse To Let Her Show ID Card About Implants

Another day, another ridiculous story about the TSA "making us safer." This one was submitted by plenty of folks, but Guy Thomas gets credit for being first. It involves a breast cancer patient, Lori Dorn, who recently had a bilateral mastectomy, and has tissue expanders installed. She has a card that explains the details of this, and why it can set off airport security.

Of course, she did set off an alarm at JFK... and then the TSA both refused to let her show the card explaining the details, but also required her to be physically groped by the TSA -- with them loudly threatening her that she wouldn't fly otherwise. They also kept her out of sight from her luggage:

I told her that I was not comfortable with having my breasts touched and that I had a card in my wallet that explains the type of expanders, serial numbers and my doctor’s information (pictured) and asked to retrieve it. This request was denied. Instead, she called over a female supervisor who told me the exam had to take place. I was again told that I could not retrieve the card and needed to submit to a physical exam in order to be cleared. She then said, “And if we don’t clear you, you don’t fly” loud enough for other passengers to hear. And they did. And they stared at the bald woman being yelled at by a TSA Supervisor.

To my further dismay, my belongings, including my computer, were completely out of sight. I had no choice but to allow an agent to touch my breasts in front of other passengers.

As Dorn explains, "I have been through emotional and physical hell this past year due to breast cancer. The way I was treated by these TSA agents added a shitload of insult to injury and caused me a great deal of humiliation." In a separate interview with the NY Times, she notes that her breasts still hurt, and she was worried about the pain of the patdown, and that she was never offered the option of a patdown in a private area (as the TSA insists they grant). That article also contains a typical PR-laden response from the TSA:

We strive to treat every passenger with dignity and respect. In this case, that may not have happened. During the screening process, if advanced imaging technology detects an anomaly that cannot be cleared, secondary screening is required to ensure the passenger does not have threat items, such as explosives concealed under clothing.

All passengers may request private secondary screening. While an initial review indicates that proper screening procedures were followed, we regret that this passenger did not have a positive experience.

Which, of course, brings to mind a simple question: does anyone actually have a positive experience dealing with the TSA patdowns?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

Re: TSA Force Breast Cancer Patient To Submit To Patdown

I will not fly anymore because of this

Haha....like you ventured from your basement in the past....right...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

The other option is to act like terrorism has never happened and do nothing. Of course I suspect if a plane gets blown up people like freedom will be screaming for someones head asking why nothing was done to prevent the plane from being blown up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from EmersonCat. Show EmersonCat's posts

Small price to pay to keep us safe IMHO

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

Train your would-be hicjakers for a couple years in martial arts and body building
    They're going to die anyway, so why do they care if five or six are shot in the take-over attempt.

Haha...you watch too many movies. You don't think passengers will fight back? So pilot takes out five or six and the rest are taken care of by the passengers.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

Well, the point is it actually doesn't keep us safe. It's just political cover.

To wit, the attacks foiled since these specific policies went into place did not involve blowing up an airplane. They involved subways, etc., and the latest guy wanted to fly a remote-controlled model plane into buildings.

In this arena, it would appear the best defense really is just a good offense.

My god. Sigh....TSA is trying to make FLYING safer. It's up to other people/agencies to take care of subways and buildings.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from freedom2fascism. Show freedom2fascism's posts

In Response to Re: TSA Force Breast Cancer Patient To Submit To Patdown:
    [QUOTE]Well, the point is it actually doesn't keep us safe. It's just political cover. To wit, the attacks foiled since these specific policies went into place did not involve blowing up an airplane. They involved subways, etc., and the latest guy wanted to fly a remote-controlled model plane into buildings. In this arena, it would appear the best defense really is just a good offense. My god. Sigh....TSA is trying to make FLYING safer. It's up to other people/agencies to take care of subways and buildings.
    Posted by WhichOnesPink[/QUOTE]

The TSA mandate has nothing to do with keeping us safer, and everything to do with indoctrinating us into accepting the police state, with the challenge of "Your Biometrics, Please!" at any random opportunity they choose.

They know the economy is collapsing, teetering on the edge of the abyss, (because it has been planned that way), and they know there are some among us that will not go down with the ship quietly. So, they prepare for the inevitable.

The idiotic screening at the gates, in the face of 7 billion passing through sans one single terrorist should mean they back off the odious pat-downs and radiation scans, but instead the keep increasing the equipment and the invasive techniques.

If the non-existent terrorists wanted to break us, they could just send a suicide bomber to the airport during the busiest time, and have him detonate the device while standing in line before the TSA grope-fest.  They could easily kill as many as a plane-full without ever boarding. And like 9/11, they could send 19 martyr terrorists out, and coordinate 19 airport suicides bombs all at once, and immediately cripple our ability to travel by air.

But they don't. They know they could, but they don't. Sometimes you just have to think for yourself, and ask yourself... WHY DON'T THEY?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from freedom2fascism. Show freedom2fascism's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TSA Force Breast Cancer Patient To Submit To Patdown : Well, the point is it actually doesn't keep us safe. It's just political cover. To wit, the attacks foiled since these specific policies went into place did not involve blowing up an airplane. They involved subways, etc., and the latest guy wanted to fly a remote-controlled model plane into buildings. In this arena, it would appear the best defense really is just a good offense.
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE]

Why do I have to keep reminding you that every single "terrorist" apprehended since 9/11 has had the FBI deeply involved with recruiting, funding, and formulating the plans for the terror incident.  This includes the latest model airplane attack plan, all the way back to the 1993 bomb in WTC1, which killed six innocent people and where the real explosive ingredients instead of inert ones were provided, by the FBI

It's very simple. If your budget, and the future of your cushy job depends on finding terrorists, you will find a way to find terrorists.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StopTheLies. Show StopTheLies's posts

[QUOTE]Small price to pay to keep us safe IMHO
    Posted by EmersonCat[/QUOTE]

You are exactly the kind of sheep the government loves.

Baaaahhhh......stick a camera up my assss.....I want to be safe...baaaahhhhh...take all my rights away.....baaahhh.....I am scared of guys in turbans...baaahhh

For people like you, Real safety is in a super max prison.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TSA Force Breast Cancer Patient To Submit To Patdown : Swapping back to troll mode?  No, I don't think passengers will usually fight back. Didn't the hijackers only have box cutters on 9/11? I mean.. that's a weapon but not exactly the most fearsome thing I've ever seen. Only one plane was brought down. So no, I do not think that if a terrorist organization pumped some members full of steroids and had them train to fight and build bulk for two years, passengers would necessarily stop them. And I really don't think that's very far fetched. Do you? Martial arts trainer. check. Weights. Check. Steroids. Check. Not exactly a complicated plot.

My god you have to be kidding.

Yes, they had box cutters. HOWEVER, up till that point no plane had been used to crash into buildings. Up till that point it was about hijacking a plane to go to another destination. THAT is why no one fought back. Did ya notice the flight in PA did??? That was because they knew what was going to happen. 
    So you're wrong.

Hahahaha...you sound like a woman with the whole steroid/martial arts scenario. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TSA Force Breast Cancer Patient To Submit To Patdown : My God. Sigh. You knew that's not what I'm saying. But rather than waste my time on someone whose sole purpose is to try to get a reaction out of people on BDC..... I'll just put you back on ignore. Sorry I took you off for the first time in months today. F'ing re-tard.... 

Hahaha...I'm supposed to know what you're saying now? Really? How about saying what you actually mean d!psh!t

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

Baaaahhhh......stick a camera up my assss.....I want to be safe...baaaahhhhh...take all my rights away.....baaahhh.....I am scared of guys in turbans...baaahhh

I haven't heard about any cameras being stuck up anyones asss. So your statement is ridiculous hyperbole or it's wishful thinking on your part. Which is it?

Sections
Shortcuts