US Marines to run random traffic stops

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrimFandango. Show GrimFandango's posts

US Marines to run random traffic stops – in California!

US Marines being used on the streets of
    America for police actions is 100% illegal. (see: Posse Comitatus Act and Insurrection Act)

But it is unconstitutional for even the local or State Police to run random road blocks demanding personal identification. Always has been, and always will be, and unless and until we have an amendment to the Constitution specifically allowing these actions, will remain so.

Just because there are people that may be breaking the law does not justify the police breaking the law to catch them.

Police on the street randomly stopping you and asking for your papers is a totalitarian police-state tactic, practiced in Stalin’s
    Russia, Hitler’s Germany and Kim Jong Il’s North Korea. Not the kind of company we want to be in.

http://tyrannyalert.com/jpg/chp_news.jpg

But I suppose there are some out there that want the hired and elected officials “
    to do what ever is necessary to keep my family safe.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from heynow98. Show heynow98's posts

I want the hired and elected officials to do whatever is necessary to keep my family safe.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrimFandango. Show GrimFandango's posts

[Quote]I want the hired and elected officials to do whatever is necessary to keep my family safe.[/Quote]

You just couldn't resist the urge, could you?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dexter147. Show dexter147's posts

Do you actually believe everything in print?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

US Marines are awesome. The first in, they leave no man behind, they are the best and toughest that this country has to offer.

It would be an honor and a privilege to be pulled over by a US Marine. If it happens to you, don't forget to say "THANK YOU" to them.

Merry Christmas everybody!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrimFandango. Show GrimFandango's posts

[Quote]US Marines are awesome. The first in, they leave no man behind, they are the best and toughest that this country has to offer.

It would be an honor and a privilege to be pulled over by a US Marine. If it happens to you, don't forget to say "THANK YOU" to them.

Merry Christmas everybody!!![/Quote]

So - the law has no meaning to you?

And although the Marines are as you described, those that would use them in an illegal fashion such as helping the local police with law enforcement are performing a criminal act.

I believe that a free and ordered society is a composed of law abiding citizens, and law abiding government.

Whenever we allow the law to be broken, even for the supposed good of all, we compromise the integrity of that society.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrimFandango. Show GrimFandango's posts

[Quote]The Marines are NOT going to be running traffic stops in the US.

Random checkpoints for DUI / DWI have been going on for some time
    and have been deemed constitutional. They've taken hundreds of
    drunk-drivers off the roads making everyone safer, including you.[/Quote]

Where's those logs, little liar?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallykent. Show wallykent's posts

[Quote]I want the hired and elected officials to do whatever is necessary to keep my family safe.[/Quote]

Then you should move your family to a super max prison.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dexter147. Show dexter147's posts

[Quote]

And although the Marines are as you described, those that would use them in an illegal fashion such as helping the local police with law enforcement are performing a criminal act.
    [/Quote]

Which law exactly are they breaking to make their actions a criminal act?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from windjamer. Show windjamer's posts

Well said Mach1 ! Semper Fi!

GrimFandango-2, it's not just any Marines. It's the Marine military police. They are well trained to do that kind of job. You should be grateful your tax dollar is well spent. By the way, wanna be safe? Sleep with a Marine! I hope you feel better now. Semperfi!

Be safe and enjoy the holidays! Keep both hands on that steering wheel.

Merry Christmas to all my fellow country men. God Bless you all!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallykent. Show wallykent's posts

[Quote]US Marines are awesome. The first in, they leave no man behind, they are the best and toughest that this country has to offer.

Merry Christmas everybody!!![/Quote]

Don't forget to say "I'm so painfully stupid I'm actually going to thank you for violating our Constitutional protection against military on our streets. Please take my family to a FEMA camp, so we can be really safe".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallykent. Show wallykent's posts

[Quote]Well said Mach1 ! Semper Fi!

GrimFandango-2, it's not just any Marines. It's the Marine military police. They are well trained to do that kind of job. You should be grateful your tax dollar is well spent. By the way, wanna be safe? Sleep with a Marine! I hope you feel better now. Semperfi!

[/Quote]

Military police on the streets at checkpoints. I'm so happy I could just scream "Heil Hitler"

We have plenty of police to handle these Un-Constitutional without having military police violate our rights.

This is the kind of stuff our soldiers fought and died fighting against. Our forefathers warned us that an enemy from within were most likely to take our freedoms. They were 100% correct.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallykent. Show wallykent's posts

[Quote]Will they enforce immigration laws or is that outside their juristiction ?[/Quote]

Of course not.

They are on the streets for what they call a "Familiarization" Op. To get people used to seeing armed troops on our streets, just like in China.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrimFandango. Show GrimFandango's posts

[Quote]I'll be in Boston just after the new year. Let's meet and I can give them to you in person.

*And where did you get the idea Marines were doing traffic stops?[/Quote]

You accused me of fabricating the web logs I posted, effectively calling me a liar.

You, without being asked, said you could fabricate and post logs as well, as many as I wanted.

You have not, because can not. So therefore it is you that is the liar, an empty braggart and a liar.

Now you continue to threaten me, a clear violation of the rules of this service provided by the Globe. Maybe someone should report your behavior.

Post the logs like you said you would, for all to see or STFU.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallykent. Show wallykent's posts

[Quote]I'll be in Boston just after the new year. Let's meet and I can give them to you in person.

*And where did you get the idea Marines were doing traffic stops?[/Quote]

You are nothing more than a punk. Probably one of those that are being paid to spew lies and propaganda all over the web.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrimFandango. Show GrimFandango's posts

[Quote]Well said Mach1 ! Semper Fi!

[/Quote]

I doesn't matter what role they have, they are the US Military, and therefore it is against the law for them to participate in police matters. It dosen't matter how brave they are, or how cool their uniforms look, or how extra safe it will make me feel, it's against the law they are sworn to respect.

Read the links I provided in the opening post.

You either respect and obey the law, change the law, or you will have anarchy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dexter147. Show dexter147's posts

[Quote]

Military police on the streets at checkpoints. I'm so happy I could just scream "Heil Hitler"

We have plenty of police to handle these Un-Constitutional without having military police violate our rights.

This is the kind of stuff our soldiers fought and died fighting against. Our forefathers warned us that an enemy from within were most likely to take our freedoms. They were 100% correct.[/Quote]

Can you at least try to be intellectually honest? These are SOBRIETY checkpoints. Have you never heard of such a thing? Been happening for decades. What does it matter if it's State police, local police or military police handling these random sobriety checkpoints? Seems to me that you simply have an issue with the military.
    You're acting as if this is happening on a daily basis. Did you read the article? This is happening on one night. You really think ONE night is going to be useful for "Familiarization" Op??? LOL. Stop with the hysterics.

Sections
Shortcuts