Where is Obama's call for civility in the wake of death threats and violence?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Where is Obama's call for civility in the wake of death threats and violence?

Well, where is it?  Are unions and their supporters exempt from the law?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re: Where is Obama's call for civility in the wake of death threats and violence?

I guess the Globe paid posters have the weekend off.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beltway. Show Beltway's posts

Re: Where is Obama's call for civility in the wake of death threats and violence?

In Response to Re: Where is Obama's call for civility in the wake of death threats and violence?:
    I guess the Globe paid posters have the weekend off.
    Posted by skeeter20

They're in Wisoconsin pretending to be protesting Wisconsin residents outraged by Gov. Walker's effort to control the looting of the taxpayers' bank accounts.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In Response to Re: Where is Obama's call for civility in the wake of death threats and violence?:
    In Response to Where is Obama's call for civility in the wake of death threats and violence? : ROFL. You mocked Obama for issuing a call for civility when Angle told her supporters to use "Second Amendment Remedies" against opposing politicians....    ....but now, you get your panties in a bunch when a Republican receives the threats? If you weren't a serial liar I'd say "amazing."
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow

I never mocked Obama for making a call for civility, never agreed with the concept that second amendment remedies should be used against opponents in elections.

I AM expecting Obama to make a call for civility in Wisconsin.  I am also looking for him to retract his support for the unions, as he is management, and needs to represent all the people.  Taking sides in this debate is simply wrong for Obama.

And, quit it with you lies and smears.  If you have any proof that I did what you say, bring it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goright. Show Goright's posts

And now, death threats.... I read the email that was sent to Wisconsin Republicans. It reads like it was written by a frustrated teenager, so that tells me that it's almost certainly from a teachers' union member. But for all it tries to be by pumping up the threat, it's the emptiest one I've ever seen. No one should take immature gestures like that seriously.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 8101956. Show 8101956's posts

It was made by the same republican Kansas State Rep. who wanted to shoot illegal immigrants from helicopters. Skeeter, Bronx Cheer and Semper Fi !

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

It was made by the same republican Kansas State Rep. who wanted to shoot illegal immigrants from helicopters. Skeeter, Bronx Cheer and Semper Fi !
    Posted by 8101956

What on earth are you talking about?  I don't live in Kansas, don't follow it.   I have no idea, or interest in what ever it is you are talking about.  I am not responsible for the republicans, last I checked.

You would be well advised to stop seeing things in republican/democrat terms.  This is not the same as conservative/progressive, as the republicans are largely useless to the conservative cause.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from topaz978. Show topaz978's posts

Hmm, I remember the last election with tea party folks wishing ill on all who opposed their racist and vicious platform. Hey its just politics. Until the shooting starts.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goright. Show Goright's posts

Hmm, I remember the last election with tea party folks wishing ill on all who opposed their racist and vicious platform. Hey its just politics. Until the shooting starts.
    Posted by topaz978

Newsflash for topie:  The thread has naught to do with the TEA party; it has to do with the mob rule by the union rednecks. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beltway. Show Beltway's posts

Throughout the last election cycle and the latest events in Wisconsin and Ohio the only side that was resorting to violence, racist and bigoted statements, and death threats has been the Left.  Mob mentality of intimidation. 

Since forever Democrats and union thugs resort to such tactics because they know they can't win the argument on its merits.  So, they fall to the lowest common denominators their Neanderthal brains can process: mean-spirited lies and violence against their fellow man. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 8101956. Show 8101956's posts

Beltway if the left is resorting to mean spirited lies and violence against their fellow man it is a trait they learned from your side. Fight fire with fire. Semper Fi !

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beltway. Show Beltway's posts

Beltway if the left is resorting to mean spirited lies and violence against their fellow man it is a trait they learned from your side. Fight fire with fire. Semper Fi !
    Posted by 8101956

Is that the best you can come up with?  What are you, the first crybaby Marine?  Your mother wears Army boots....

I can't recall a single time over the last few decades where we've ever seen a group of conservatives having violent protests, can you?  It's always the anti-war, anti-corporation, anti-life, anti-American liberals.  Every time.  Heck, we've even watched them burn down their own neighborhoods and businesses in protest!  Talk about lack of intelligence or rational thought.  A lot of it has been union-backed violence and threats.  Egg throwing.  Starting fires.  Turning over cars in the streets.  Damaging people's property.  Damaging public property.  Death threats.  Assaults.  Maybe someone forgot to tell you liberals we're supposed to be a CIVILIZED society, not a bunch of Neanderthal gang bangers. 
    Conservatives are responsible, hard working, tax paying people with jobs, families and assets that they aren't willing to put at risk by participating in destructive gang behavior.  We have REAL jobs and responsibilities we actually take seriously and can't just protest every week.  You liberals, on the other hand, seem to be able to blow off work...if you even have a job...and organize gangs of thugs that will even travel out of state to stick your nose into business that isn't even yours.....like Wisconsin. 

You can tell the character of people pretty quickly just by how they behave.  When the Tea Party types assembled places, they didn't leave mounds of trash behind.  They were polite and respectful and cleaned up after themselves everywhere they went.  But when the liberals and union thugs assemble, they leave behind their trash.......like in Wisconsin.  Like when Jon Stewart had his liberal love-fest on the Washington Mall.  Garbage everywhere that taxpayers had to pay to have cleaned up.

That's the basic difference between conservatives that take personal responsibility for things and liberals that expect everyone to clean up their messes for them.  I don't care whether you talking about trash collection, drug addiction, not paying your kids' child support, etc.  Conservatives step up to their responsibilities, liberals run from them and stick somebody else with the bill.  The difference between right and wrong.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 8101956. Show 8101956's posts

Belt way , I love how you neo-cons have amnesia when it comes to actions that your  party  has done to the human race when it's comes to violence, threarts  and just down right being a danger to the world. Let me refresh your memory about a few episodes of lack of civility by your tribe . How about when the Rand Paul supporter stomped on the head of female  protester in front of Paul's auto or the astro turfing healthcare reform protesters who would confronted and verbally assaulted politicians at town hall meetings a couple of summers ago. I won't get into cross hairs and second amendment remedies or the tree of liberty being watered by blood every so often.  When you talk about neo-cons reneging on their responsibilities you don't to look any futher than Carl Paladino or Sue Lowden two neo-cons who haven't paid their campaigns debt. BTW I know alittle bit about the Corps. Semper Fi !

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In Response to Where is Obama's call for civility in the wake of death threats and violence? : Here you are:  http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/01/12/obama-urges-civility-in-public-discourse/ Ohhhhhh right.  The first call to civility was utter BS worthy of derision and mockery.    Was the call for civility hilarious because Republicans were being asked to be civil, and stop urging their voters to use their guns ("Second Amendment Remedies") if the election doesn't go their way? I don't know....  Now that two individual union members sent one death threat each to walker, it's now a serious matter deserving Obama's attention.  You demand fresh calls for civility for each of those threats.  And, I suppose, each and every other instance of uncivility you identify for Obama? Ask the WH to set up a direct line.  They'll be more than happy.
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow

Yes, I do expect Obama to call for civility. 

This first call for civility was a pure political  play, blaming those who were no even involved.

The call I am looking for is one that shows actual leadership, a trait Obama has yet to show. 

But he has said one thing about the union issues ion Wisconsin:  that he wants to lace up the Converse all stars and march with them.  That's showing your true colors, a progressive supporter of union violence and values. 

That's our president!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 8101956. Show 8101956's posts

Skeeter, I smell a rat !

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Skeeter, I smell a rat !
    Posted by 8101956

Hmmm.  how so?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beltway. Show Beltway's posts

Belt way , I love how you neo-cons have amnesia when it comes to actions that your  party  has done to the human race when it's comes to violence, threarts  and just down right being a danger to the world. Let me refresh your memory about a few episodes of lack of civility by your tribe . How about when the Rand Paul supporter stomped on the head of female  protester in front of Paul's auto or the astro turfing healthcare reform protesters who would confronted and verbally assaulted politicians at town hall meetings a couple of summers ago. I won't get into cross hairs and second amendment remedies or the tree of liberty being watered by blood every so often.  When you talk about neo-cons reneging on their responsibilities you don't to look any futher than Carl Paladino or Sue Lowden two neo-cons who haven't paid their campaigns debt. BTW I know alittle bit about the Corps. Semper Fi !
    Posted by 8101956

The stupid girl that attacked Rand Paul got what she deserved.  She posed a threat to his safety.....and was just another liberal that had so much free time in her meaningless loser life that she could travel from Massachusetts to Kentucky to protest.

And since when is voicing your opposition to something considered at a town meeting a bad thing?  Seems you Lefties don't like it at all when an opposing point of view if offered up.  You want to be heard, but no one else.  Why?  Because you're afraid you can't win the argument if ALL the data is made available to the people.

Like I said before, you sound like such a crybaby.  I'm sure it was alright with you when the protesters in Wisconsin were trying to shout down and "verbally assault" people.  So why be so hypocritical?  Oh, that's right....you're one of THEM!  Sorry, but when it goes from simple opposition into making death threats and physically assaulting people, you liberals have crossed the line.  You're the guys with a history of violence and property damage.  Can't run from that, can you?

By the way, there are plenty of Democrats who haven't paid there campaign debts starting with Hillary Clinton.  Get over it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 8101956. Show 8101956's posts

Is there any police reports made public yet about these death threats or violence ?

Sections
Shortcuts