who is sick of being called a racist for not walking in lock step

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

who is sick of being called a racist for not walking in lock step

This is what former President Carter said:

"I think an overwhelming portion of the intensely demonstrated animosity toward President Barack Obama is based on the fact that he is a black man, that he's African-American," Carter told NBC News. "I live in the South, and I've seen the South come a long way, and I've seen the rest of the country that shares the South's attitude toward minority groups at that time, particularly African-Americans."

"That racism inclination still exists, and I think it's bubbled up to the surface because of belief among many white people -- not just in the South but around the country -- that African-Americans are not qualified to lead this great country. It's an abominable circumstance, and it grieves me and concerns me very deeply," Carter said.

Just cause I don't agree with Obama's attempt at health care and the giving away of Billions of dollars to Companies that made very dumb decisions, (yes Bush did the samething and I didn't agree with it then either). doesn't make me dislike an man or his color. 

Also if I wan't to take to the streets or attend a town hall meeting it doesn't make me a racist as well. In this country if you don't like something you have the right to voice your opinoion, this is what makes it a nice place, occasionally.  Are there some people that dislike Obama cause his skin color? yes there is. Am I one of them NO! Please stop grouping people that want questions answered with being a Racist.  You are allowed to ask questions aren't you?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Johnodog. Show Johnodog's posts

Re: who is sick of being called a racist for not walking in lock step

This tactic is as old as the democrat party, that is once they started to pretend that Democrat racists don't exist. No Bull Conner siccing dogs on black kids. No George Wallace, No Robert"Grand Kleagle" Byrd. I call this THE BOY WHO CRIED BOY technique and every time they use it cheapens those who have truly suffered thwe scourge of racism.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

In Response to who is sick of being called a racist for not walking in lock step:
    [QUOTE]This is what former President Carter said: "I think an overwhelming portion of the intensely demonstrated animosity toward President Barack Obama is based on the fact that he is a black man, that he's African-American," Carter told NBC News. "I live in the South, and I've seen the South come a long way, and I've seen the rest of the country that shares the South's attitude toward minority groups at that time, particularly African-Americans." "That racism inclination still exists, and I think it's bubbled up to the surface because of belief among many white people -- not just in the South but around the country -- that African-Americans are not qualified to lead this great country. It's an abominable circumstance, and it grieves me and concerns me very deeply," Carter said. Just cause I don't agree with Obama's attempt at health care and the giving away of Billions of dollars to Companies that made very dumb decisions, (yes Bush did the samething and I didn't agree with it then either). doesn't make me dislike an man or his color.  Also if I wan't to take to the streets or attend a town hall meeting it doesn't make me a racist as well. In this country if you don't like something you have the right to voice your opinoion, this is what makes it a nice place, occasionally.  Are there some people that dislike Obama cause his skin color? yes there is. Am I one of them NO! Please stop grouping people that want questions answered with being a Racist.  You are allowed to ask questions aren't you?
    Posted by bchan89[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you have other problems...like the egomania of thinking that former Pres Carter was talking to YOU.

Get over yourself.  Methinks thou protest too much.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

"Methinks thou protest too much. "

So....if you disagree with the President, you are accused of being racist.

And....if you are upset at that accusation and argue that you in fact are not a racist, you "protest too much" , and are overly defensive.... because you are hiding the fact you are a racist... 

The modern equivalent of the Salem Witch trials....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dexter67. Show dexter67's posts

Eh.....let them have it. More a reflection on them having to go there anyway.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In Response to Re: who is sick of being called a racist for not walking in lock step:
    [QUOTE]"Methinks thou protest too much. " So....if you disagree with the President, you are accused of being racist. And....if you are upset at that accusation and argue that you in fact are not a racist, you "protest too much" , and are overly defensive.... because you are hiding the fact you are a racist...  The modern equivalent of the Salem Witch trials....  
    Posted by BobinVa[/QUOTE]

It's not about walking in lock step, but if you broadcast video of a white kid and a black kid and insinuate that Obama is making it OK for blacks to beat up on Whites, then yes, it's racism.  And if while watching the video, you start to feel a little fear way down deep, then not only is it racism, you are also being manipulated by racists.

And if you make posts down playing the attempts to appeal to fears of white people, then yeah, it's racism.

This is a lot like what happened after 9/11 in reverse.  After 9/11, anyone who didn't walk in lockstep to the beating of the drums of war was called a coward or a traitor.  The same people are now lamenting that they are being called racist because they won't go along with the President.

There's a big difference between participating in a debate and being disruptive during a Presidential address.  And there's a big difference between saying, "that's not necessarily true" and accusing some of lying.

The Right Wing's outrage at being called racist is as hollow as their charges of cowardice to those against the Invasion of Iraq.  Even a blind man can see it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

If anyone believes that because of Obama’s election, we are in some moment of “post-racial” America, needs to…well I am not exactly sure what they need to do. The truth is, the evidence that we are any further along in terms of racial justice, belies the facts that lay before us in prison sentences, health disparities, etc. But for those people who still think racism is something that stopped occuring in 1968, or that only exist when the N word is used, or when nooses are hung on high school trees or the doors of Black college professors.

Well that ole time racism didn’t go anywhere. And a new story published in print and video by The Nation called Katrina’s Hidden Race War proves it. The story details how at least 11 Black Hurricane Katrina survivors were shot and killed by vigilante white residents of Algiers, Lousisiana in the days following the hurricane. And if you think this type of racism only resides in the hearts andd minds of white Southerners, check out the two people in the video bragging about murdering black people (man and woman, I might add), are originally from Chicago, IL.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

"if you make posts down playing the attempts to appeal to fears of white people, then yeah, it's racism."

Yet you can blithely post unsupported accusations that 11 Katrina survivors were shot solely due to their race; are you not 'appealing to fears' and inciting racial division?

Real racism, black and white,  is a real problem;
    but liberal abuse of the race card is demagoguery of the worst kind.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

In Response to Re: who is sick of being called a racist for not walking in lock step:
    [QUOTE] Real racism, black and white,  is a real problem; but liberal abuse of the race card is demagoguery of the worst kind.
    Posted by BobinVa[/QUOTE]

If so, then how do you feel about blatant conservative race-baiting, Bob...???

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lrecliner. Show lrecliner's posts

How does one know when someone is disguising their racsim of Obama in the form of disagreeing with his policies? I am sure we can all agree that racism exists, but my question goes to the people who the left says are masking their racism by disagreeing on say his healthcare plan. Anyone?

And what about the people who go along with everything Obama says because he is black? Does anyone on the left take issue with this?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: who is sick of being called a racist for not walking in lock step : If so, then how do you feel about blatant conservative race-baiting, Bob...???
    Posted by Mattyhorn[/QUOTE]

"Blatant conservative race baiting" ? What might that be?
    Let me guess...
    Any mention of race by a conservative, or any criticism of President Obama.

Liberal race baiting is a cottage industry, ask Al Sharpton and Rev Jackson about that. (Oops, to even mention that must mean I am racist!!)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

Taylor Swift is a racist and Beyonce is her Auntie Tom

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lrecliner. Show lrecliner's posts

[QUOTE]Taylor Swift is a racist and Beyonce is her Auntie Tom
    Posted by GreginMedford[/QUOTE]

Serena Williams is racist againsts Asians. She wants to make them all eat tennis balls

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

Trent Lott wishing Strom Thurmond a happy 100th birthday is the epitome of supposed "conservative race baiting".

Are the Democrats allowed to wish KKK Grand Dragon Bob Byrd a Happy 100th , if he makes it? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

They can skip his birthday.  They put him 3rd in line to the presidency

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ohhhhh-Bammy. Show Ohhhhh-Bammy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: who is sick of being called a racist for not walking in lock step : Serena Williams is racist againsts Asians. She wants to make them all eat tennis balls
    Posted by lrecliner[/QUOTE]

she can nibble on mine..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

You know, there are lots and lots of democrats who actually believe that incident cost Trent Lott his Senate Majority Leadership gig.

Thats a special brand of stupid

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wizen. Show wizen's posts

You can certainly disagree with the President's policies without being a racist.  Those folks are the ones that are talking about different options, other ideas, downsides, pros and cons, etc. 

The ones holding signs about lions and birth certificates and Hitler and "Youth in Asia" are generally not differing with the President over policy.  They're also the ones that devolve into hysteria and namecalling when challenged.  If you're not in the latter group, you have no reason to believe that Jimmy was talking to you personally. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dexter67. Show dexter67's posts

"The ones holding signs about lions and birth certificates and Hitler and "Youth in Asia" are generally not differing with the President over policy.  They're also the ones that devolve into hysteria and namecalling when challenged.  If you're not in the latter group, you have no reason to believe that Jimmy was talking to you personally."

That doesn't necessarily mean they are racist either. Ignorant, un-educated, misguided, sure. But it doesn't mean they are racist. They aren't Dems. They want a Republican in as President in 2012 so they'll try anything to discredit Obama. I'm not saying it's right and I'm not defending them. They're idiots for sure. Maybe they are racist, but being a birther doesn't make them one. Calling him Hitler doesn't make them one. You know why? Lefties called Bush Hitler, Lefties whined about Bush's National Guard service and even came up with FORGED documents. So if it wasn't racist when it was done to Bush it can't be racist when it's done to Obama. Sorry but ya just can't have it both ways.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]" The ones holding signs about lions and birth certificates and Hitler and "Youth in Asia" are generally not differing with the President over policy.  They're also the ones that devolve into hysteria and namecalling when challenged.  If you're not in the latter group, you have no reason to believe that Jimmy was talking to you personally." That doesn't necessarily mean they are racist either. Ignorant, un-educated, misguided, sure. But it doesn't mean they are racist. They aren't Dems. They want a Republican in as President in 2012 so they'll try anything to discredit Obama. I'm not saying it's right and I'm not defending them. They're idiots for sure. Maybe they are racist, but being a birther doesn't make them one. Calling him Hitler doesn't make them one. You know why? Lefties called Bush Hitler, Lefties whined about Bush's National Guard service and even came up with FORGED documents. So if it wasn't racist when it was done to Bush it can't be racist when it's done to Obama. Sorry but ya just can't have it both ways.
    Posted by dexter67[/QUOTE]

The Birther movement has a heavy tinge of racism.  It paints Obama as an illegitimate leader, as "the other" that is both feared and despised, as literally unAmerican and as an African (Black man) who may also be Muslim (another bunch of stereotypes).  Did we see anything like this movement in regard to McCain, a white man who actually was not born in the country?  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dexter67. Show dexter67's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: who is sick of being called a racist for not walking in lock step : The Birther movement has a heavy tinge of racism.  It paints Obama as an illegitimate leader, as "the other" that is both feared and despised, as literally unAmerican and as an African (Black man) who may also be Muslim (another bunch of stereotypes).  Did we see anything like this movement in regard to McCain, a white man who actually was not born in the country?  
    Posted by Reubenhop[/QUOTE]

S   T   R   E   T   C   H

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lrecliner. Show lrecliner's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: who is sick of being called a racist for not walking in lock step : The Birther movement has a heavy tinge of racism.  It paints Obama as an illegitimate leader, as "the other" that is both feared and despised, as literally unAmerican and as an African (Black man) who may also be Muslim (another bunch of stereotypes).  Did we see anything like this movement in regard to McCain, a white man who actually was not born in the country?  

We saw plenty of attacks on McCain:

His age

The fact that he had skin cancer before
    The Keating 5..even though he was exonerated
    His divorce to his first wife
    How many houses he owns
    That he was just like George Bush

- and thats just off the top of my head

John McCain was born on a naval base because his father was serving his country. It happens a lot, they are called military brats. And you do realize that the "birther movement" is a pretty small group of whackos. Do the"truthers" represent the entire political left?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

Did we see anything like this movement in regard to McCain, a white man who actually was not born in the country?  
    ---------------------

Yes we did, and had he won, we'd have seen much more.

And I hate to break it to ya, but a Naval Base on US Soil is in the country.  In fact, a Naval Base not on US Soil is in the country.  Double moot

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dexter67. Show dexter67's posts

Double slammed....ouch

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

There were questions about McCain but McCain produced his original birth certificate early and that showed, while he was born within the borders of Panama, he was born on a naval base which is US soil. Therefore he is a US Citizen.

Sections
Shortcuts