Who's worse? Liberals or Conservatives

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xttwo. Show xttwo's posts

Who's worse? Liberals or Conservatives

Liberals like to criticize those conservatives for preaching morality yet engaging in immorality. 

Are liberals better by engaging in immorality so long as they don't preach morality?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xttwo. Show xttwo's posts

Re: Who's worse? Liberals or Conservatives

David Letterman admitted to having a sexual relationship with a CBS  employee.
    Someone who he can easily fire, get fired, or promote to a better job.

How many other employers out there are allowed to have a sexual relationship with their employees?

Extortion, blackmail; sexual harassment. 

Yeah.  David Letterman has nothing to worry about, if Dave wants to be Dave, that's fine and dandy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

David Letterman has nothing to worry about
    ------------------

Ya got that part right.

Progress

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

Letterman is a comedian not a political leader of any stripe.  Duh.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dazydo. Show dazydo's posts

In Response to Re: Who's worse? Liberals or Conservatives:
    [QUOTE]Letterman is a comedian not a political leader of any stripe.  Duh.
    Posted by Reubenhop[/QUOTE]

So his actions are OK?  He still abused his power, oh and by the way, constantly harps on pols and their sexual deviations, mostly Republicans. 

Basically, he carrys power through his monolgues, and has the ability to shape the news through his show, am I wrong?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lrecliner. Show lrecliner's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's worse? Liberals or Conservatives : So his actions are OK?  He still abused his power, oh and by the way, constantly harps on pols and their sexual deviations, mostly Republicans.  Basically, he carrys power through his monolgues, and has the ability to shape the news through his show, am I wrong?
    Posted by dazydo[/QUOTE]

Very true, he used to be non-partisan when making jokes about politicians. I know he used to make fun of Clinton's escapades quite a bit. But now he seems to target the right.

And no, being a comedian as opposed to a politician does noe excuse his actions, in my opinion anyway

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Maybe we should ask Bill O'Reilly what he thinks about it, after all, he's lookin' out for the folks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's worse? Liberals or Conservatives : So his actions are OK?  He still abused his power, oh and by the way, constantly harps on pols and their sexual deviations, mostly Republicans.  Basically, he carrys power through his monolgues, and has the ability to shape the news through his show, am I wrong?
    Posted by dazydo[/QUOTE]

Actions are ok?

Guys - Gazillionaire Celeb Boinks Out of Marriage, isn't exactly the fr1ggin Lusitania

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dexter67. Show dexter67's posts

Oh snap. That'll shut you conservatives up for talking about Letterman....sigh

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lrecliner. Show lrecliner's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe we should ask Bill O'Reilly what he thinks about it, after all, he's lookin' out for the folks.
    Posted by Bill.the.Cat[/QUOTE]

I don't think Bill is one to talk either when it comes to office etiquette, although I don't think he went as far as Dave did.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

In Response to Who's worse? Liberals or Conservatives:
    [QUOTE]Liberals like to criticize those conservatives for preaching morality yet engaging in immorality.  Are liberals better by engaging in immorality so long as they don't preach morality?
    Posted by xttwo[/QUOTE]

If you scratch the surface of both, they generally are the same. I have found the biggest differences are the means rather than the ends. Even on this board, when people stop calling each other names they generally agree on the end game. They disagree how to get there.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

[QUOTE]Oh snap. That'll shut you conservatives up for talking about Letterman....sigh
    Posted by dexter67[/QUOTE]

"Oh snap!" Ha!

Outed! Not that there's anything wrong with it....

Must be tough being a gay conservative. I finally understand your bitterness.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's worse? Liberals or Conservatives : I don't think Bill is one to talk either when it comes to office etiquette, although I don't think he went as far as Dave did.
    Posted by lrecliner[/QUOTE]

No, as far as we know, he didn't close the deal on the one that came out. Who knows how many other FOX girls he did? After all, getting caught doesn't necessarily mean it was the first time!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dexter67. Show dexter67's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's worse? Liberals or Conservatives : "Oh snap !" Ha! Outed! Not that there's anything wrong with it.... Must be tough being a gay conservative. I finally understand your bitterness.

I didn't realize that was a "gay" saying. How long have you been homophobic??? Idiot

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattmicalizzi. Show mattmicalizzi's posts

Its only wrong if you claim the moral high ground and then carry on in this manner. I mean its bad enough to be a jerk but it is far worse to be a jerk and a hypocrite... Ala Larry Craig

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

Posted by dazydo[/QUOTE]

No his actions are not o.k.  But the suggestion that he represents a political movement is absurd.  He's a comedian. The sexual shenanigans of moralizing Republicans make for a lot of popular material.  He has "power" because people laugh at his jokes. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's worse? Liberals or Conservatives : I didn't realize that was a "gay" saying. How long have you been homophobic??? Idiot

Then you're as stupid as I originally thought.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from movingtarget2. Show movingtarget2's posts

Lets clarify something here.  What he did was a bad thing for the company he works for.  Fishing off the company pier is never condoned.  However, its not like he hiked the Appalachian Trail or shared some toilet time with someone at the airport.  Dave got married this year.  Lets not lose sight of the fact that single people occassionally fornicate.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from xttwo. Show xttwo's posts

[QUOTE]Lets clarify something here.  What he did was a bad thing for the company he works for.  Fishing off the company pier is never condoned.  However, its not like he hiked the Appalachian Trail or shared some toilet time with someone at the airport.  Dave got married this year.  Lets not lose sight of the fact that single people occassionally fornicate.
    Posted by movingtarget2[/QUOTE]

People occasionally fornicate but what they don't do occasionaly is persecute others from their high horse about how wrong others were for doing it.
    << this guy accepted a " father of the year " award for christ sake.

Yeah, what an example you set for me dad.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from xttwo. Show xttwo's posts

When Dave Letterman's son is all growed up, is he likely to own a business?

Will he choose to fondle and fornicate with the women who work for him?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dexter67. Show dexter67's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's worse? Liberals or Conservatives : Then you're as stupid as I originally thought.

Dumb and homphobic...you're not fairing to well are you?!?

Allow me to get you up to speed, stupid...

"Oh snap"
    (exclamatory phrase) a playful indication of surprise, misfortune, or insult popularized by Tracy Morgan of Saturday Night Live, OH SNAP is seemingly derivative of
    oh no you didn't where an insulted person, for example a guest of Jerry Springer or often a spunky African American woman contends the insult being made against him/her. While derivative of "oh no you di-int," OH SNAP has more of an emphasis on playfulness and can be said by people other than those being insulted.

Also commonly Used By
    Dave Chappelle, the phrase is an exclamation of surprise, reget, dissapointment, happiness, and many other emotions

In other words it's not a "gay" thing like you contest. You have been schooled, a55hole!
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[QUOTE]Lets clarify something here.  What he did was a bad thing for the company he works for.  Fishing off the company pier is never condoned.  However, its not like he hiked the Appalachian Trail or shared some toilet time with someone at the airport.  Dave got married this year.  Lets not lose sight of the fact that single people occassionally fornicate.
    Posted by movingtarget2[/QUOTE]

Wellll... He and his wife have been together for 23 years. Common-law wife? Maybe.
    I don't care one way or the other and I agree that it is potentially a bad thing for the company. But he is/was being hypocritical (unless he and Ms. Lasko/Mrs. Letterman had a personal agreement) at worst, stupid at best.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dazydo. Show dazydo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's worse? Liberals or Conservatives : No his actions are not o.k.  But the suggestion that he represents a political movement is absurd.  He's a comedian. The sexual shenanigans of moralizing Republicans make for a lot of popular material.  He has "power" because people laugh at his jokes. 
    Posted by Reubenhop[/QUOTE]

You don't think he favors one side of the aisle?  C'mon Ruben, he has a huge audience, are you trying to say that his monlogues and jokes don't have a spin to them? 

Anyone with an audience that big carries influence, just like a newspaper, talk-radio, magazine, they are all biased and based on their owners/CEO's political leanings.

How do you think Obama got elected, I know, I know, new thread for this.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

Sexual escapades should be non-partisan unless you are breaking a law.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Who's worse? Liberals or Conservatives : Dumb and homphobic...you're not fairing to well are you?!? Allow me to get you up to speed, stupid... " Oh snap" (exclamatory phrase) a playful indication of surprise, misfortune, or insult popularized by Tracy Morgan of Saturday Night Live, OH SNAP is seemingly derivative of oh no you didn't where an insulted person, for example a guest of Jerry Springer or often a spunky African American woman contends the insult being made against him/her. While derivative of "oh no you di-int," OH SNAP has more of an emphasis on playfulness and can be said by people other than those being insulted. Also commonly Used By Dave Chappelle , the phrase is an exclamation of surprise, reget, dissapointment, happiness, and many other emotions In other words it's not a "gay" thing like you contest. You have been schooled, a55hole! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Um ya, don't protest too much. Hey don't feel bad, it's widely accepted now. You can even get married if you want. No need to be sooo bitter.

Sections
Shortcuts