Why is it ok for anyone to hate anyone?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cathbunk. Show cathbunk's posts

Why is it ok for anyone to hate anyone?

Hating seems to be the topic of this section. Maybe if we all learned to get rid of the hate then this subject could be put to rest?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

Re: Why is it ok for anyone to hate anyone?

In Response to Why is it ok for anyone to hate anyone?:
    [QUOTE]Hating seems to be the topic of this section. Maybe if we all learned to get rid of the hate then this subject could be put to rest?
    Posted by cathbunk[/QUOTE]

We've tried that, but the righties don't cooperate:)....... They thrive on hate.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WriterXT. Show WriterXT's posts

Planet Earth is made up of living species.  Hate is the natural opposition between similar or differing creatures.

If we didn't hate we'd be inanimate objects like rocks and sand pebbles.
    The best that can be done is  " co-existing ".

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cathbunk. Show cathbunk's posts

Good point WriterXT.

....inanimate objects like rocks and sand pebbles.

I think I just stepped over a couple of those.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

We use the word hate with great fluidity. 

In the context of the discussions here, we are using it to mean envy and mistreatment, as if that is ok.  Making the emotion hate eliminates rational discussion, such as should the rich be taxed more.  A discussion of the facts is too inconvenient for the left to admit to, so I must be a hater of the middle class becasue I don't think taking more from the rich is morally supportable.  In return, I acuse them of hating the rich, when really I don't hink they truly hate the rich, but they are too lazy to realize the key emotion is envy.  And it goes on.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from plasko. Show plasko's posts

Equally I am always nonplussed why people on both sides of the political divide can't give each other a slap on the back and a thumbs up when the "other side" comes up with a good idea. 
    A good idea is a good idea regardless of who has it. 
    Petty backbiting moves nothing forward, ever. 
    Its sad. 
    :(

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I don't hate anyone, but I do hate policies that I believe are decaying our nation from within.  There's a HUGE difference, no?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WriterXT. Show WriterXT's posts

In Response to Re: Why is it ok for anyone to hate anyone?:
    We use the word hate with great fluidity.  In the context of the discussions here, we are using it to mean envy and mistreatment, as if that is ok.  Making the emotion hate eliminates rational discussion, such as should the rich be taxed more.  A discussion of the facts is too inconvenient for the left to admit to, so I must be a hater of the middle class becasue I don't think taking more from the rich is morally supportable.  In return, I acuse them of hating the rich, when really I don't hink they truly hate the rich, but they are too lazy to realize the key emotion is envy.  And it goes on.
    Posted by skeeter20

Do you think the rich hate the middle class?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WriterXT. Show WriterXT's posts

[QUOTE]Good point WriterXT. ....inanimate objects like rocks and sand pebbles. I think I just stepped over a couple of those.
    Posted by cathbunk[/QUOTE]

If they were soft, brown or green; and they stuck to your feet and smelled.

hint : they weren't sand pebbles or rocks

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WriterXT. Show WriterXT's posts

I hate a lot of things. 

People, locations; society; embarassment; degredation and sloth.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Why is it ok for anyone to hate anyone? : We've tried that, but the righties don't cooperate:)....... They thrive on hate.
    Posted by AlleyCatBruin[/QUOTE]

Is this a joke? Pretty much every post of yours in filled with insults towards the Right. Were you going for an irony thing? You succeeded if you were.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why is it ok for anyone to hate anyone? : Do you think the rich hate the middle class?
    Posted by WriterXT[/QUOTE]

No, I don't, as a broad consideration.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Skeeter, hate isn't an emotion that will do the country any good. Why do you use words like lazy and envy to protray people who are neither but do believe that they are being wronged by a small group of ultra rich ruthless human beings who have the means to shape policy to benefit only themselves ? If you can discribe me as lazy or envious I guess it's alright to call you dumb. You are dumb to think that the only way to solve this country's economic woes is more of the same kind of irresponsible policies that put us on the brink of bankruptcy which is the Bush tax cuts, not funding of 2 wars and not paying for Medicare D. If this country's economy is to become strong again than taxing the rich more will be one of the steps to obtain that goal.  The words lazy and envy are just the words that a dolt like you would use to discribe somebody who believes differently than you. Look up the words cooperation and willingness. Those two words will be the foundation to a stronger America not words like lazy and envy !

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]Skeeter, hate isn't an emotion that will do the country any good. Why do you use words like lazy and envy to protray people who are neither but do believe that they are being wronged by a small group of ultra rich ruthless human beings who have the means to shape policy to benefit only themselves ? If you can discribe me as lazy or envious I guess it's alright to call you dumb. You are dumb to think that the only way to solve this country's economic woes is more of the same kind of irresponsible policies that put us on the brink of bankruptcy which is the Bush tax cuts, not funding of 2 wars and not paying for Medicare D. If this country's economy is to become strong again than taxing the rich more will be one of the steps to obtain that goal.  The words lazy and envy are just the words that a dolt like you would use to discribe somebody who believes differently than you. Look up the words cooperation and willingness. Those two words will be the foundation to a stronger America not words like lazy and envy !
    Posted by Sistersledge[/QUOTE]

Looks like you are both envious of the rich and lazy.  The spell check is down on the right.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Skeeter, look up the phrase "the pot who is calling the kettle black". What a hypocrite you are ! You should check your own spelling and grammar before you berate me. Listen "DAWG", what is more important than your own competence   to obey the rules of phonics and grammar is your total manipulation of the facts. You should use that fact check button before you make comments that you can't back up  !

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

[QUOTE]Skeeter, hate isn't an emotion that will do the country any good. Why do you use words like lazy and envy to protray people who are neither but do believe that they are being wronged by a small group of ultra rich ruthless human beings who have the means to shape policy to benefit only themselves ? If you can discribe me as lazy or envious I guess it's alright to call you dumb. You are dumb to think that the only way to solve this country's economic woes is more of the same kind of irresponsible policies that put us on the brink of bankruptcy which is the Bush tax cuts, not funding of 2 wars and not paying for Medicare D. If this country's economy is to become strong again than taxing the rich more will be one of the steps to obtain that goal.  The words lazy and envy are just the words that a dolt like you would use to discribe somebody who believes differently than you. Look up the words cooperation and willingness. Those two words will be the foundation to a stronger America not words like lazy and envy !
    Posted by Sistersledge[/QUOTE]
    Great post, Sistersledge! Skeeter won't know how to respond other than name calling:).....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cathbunk. Show cathbunk's posts

Just way to much hate all around. The left hates the right , the right hates the left. Someone above mentioned 'it isn't good for the country,' ya think? 

The left claims they do not resort to name calling, does calling someone  a 'dolt' or 'hypocrite' fall under the name calling catagory? Or by casually mentioning someone is lacking smarts with a responce of "Skeeter won't know how to respond other than name calling:)...."

How do we resolve our differences?  When neither side is willing to compromise?  We can all hold the title of the black kettle. Open your eyes people our country has fallen from grace and all we can do is belittle each other. We have got to find some common ground to forge ahead here.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

I hate racists and communists, the former based on their abject stupidity and the latter due to the incredible amount of damage they've done to the world over the course of the last 100 years or so.

Sorry, I'm not planning on changing my mind on this anytime soon.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

The left claims they do not resort to name calling, does calling someone  a 'dolt' or 'hypocrite' fall under the name calling catagory?

I believe calling someone a dolt is an insult. However, if one is being hypocritical about something then I don't believe calling them a hypocrite is an insult. Calling someone stupid because you don't agree with their opinion is not the same as recognizing someone for being a hypocrite.

Or by casually mentioning someone is lacking smarts with a responce of "Skeeter won't know how to respond other than name calling:)...."

Yes this is an insult. And quite ironic given who posted that comment.

How do we resolve our differences?  When neither side is willing to compromise? 

I fear we can't and I think things are only going to get worse. When you have people starting threads solely to bash conservatives or liberals it's a real problem. It's one thing to start discussions on policies you agree or disagree with. But many on here (both sides) start threads solely to bash people.
    Whether it's a thread about "liberals being smarter than conservatives" or "If you don't agree with conservative stance you're not a patriot"
    Maybe if people stay away from the generalizing people bashing threads and stick to policy/ideas we might be able to minimize the caustic threads.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]I hate racists and communists, the former based on their abject stupidity and the latter due to the incredible amount of damage they've done to the world over the course of the last 100 years or so. Sorry, I'm not planning on changing my mind on this anytime soon.
    Posted by StalkingButler[/QUOTE]

In effect you hate people who have hatred as a primary focus in their lives.  Not a bad plan at all.  Trouble is people expand these categories to include all kinds of folks who are only tangentially connected to that kind of real hatred.  But the initial premise is sound.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cathbunk. Show cathbunk's posts

Whichonespink, in response to your statement "When you have people starting threads solely to bash conservatives or liberals it's a real problem."

How do you feel when the left starts a post with 'birthers' or 'teabaghers?' Even the filter recognizes 'tea bag gers.'

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

How do you feel when the left starts a post with 'birthers' or 'teabaghers?' Even the filter recognizes 'tea bag gers.

Depends on how it's being used. 'Birthers' isn't an insult in and of itself. However, if the person is starting a thread solely to call 'birthers' morons then that isn't productive.
    As for 'tea bag gers', I think, but could be wrong, that they call themselves the 'tea party'. Did 'tea bag ger' come from the tea party or the Left?
    If from the Left then it's obviously being used as an insult. If from the tea party then it's just an unfortunate choice : )

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from WriterXT. Show WriterXT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Why is it ok for anyone to hate anyone? : No, I don't, as a broad consideration.
    Posted by skeeter20[/QUOTE]

You should.  I do.  

There's people at the top.  There's people at the bottom.
    There's no one inbetween.

No one of any real consequence anyway.