Yeah, I know... it's not Newton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrimFandango. Show GrimFandango's posts

Yeah, I know... it's not Newton

Cops: Naked Man, 91, Thwarts Intruder

AP

LAKE WORTH, Fla. - Authorities said a naked 91-year-old man was able to hold a drunken intruder at gunpoint until deputies arrived. Robert E. Thompson jumped out of bed early Saturday when his dog starting growling and attacking the intruder. He said he got his revolver and went out back to let the guy know how he felt about home invaders.

Thompson, a World War II veteran, said he didn't even notice he was standing outside in the dark without any clothes on.

Authorities arrived to find a drunk intruder being held outside by a naked homeowner.

The 26-year-old intruder was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail on a burglary charge.

When seconds count, the police are mere minutes away.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from movingtarget2. Show movingtarget2's posts

Re: Yeah, I know... it's not Newton

I don't care about your dad.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrimFandango. Show GrimFandango's posts

In Response to Re: Yeah, I know... it's not Newton:
    [QUOTE]I don't care about your dad.
    Posted by movingtarget2[/QUOTE]
    So, how much bail did you have to post to get your brother released?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from phoenix56. Show phoenix56's posts

The police must have had a good chuckle when that was all over.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GrimFandango. Show GrimFandango's posts

[QUOTE]The police must have had a good chuckle when that was all over.
    Posted by phoenix56[/QUOTE]

It's great that he can still thwart at his age.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rushfan2112. Show Rushfan2112's posts

In Response to Yeah, I know... it's not Newton:
    [QUOTE]Cops: Naked Man, 91, Thwarts Intruder AP   LAKE WORTH, Fla. - Authorities said a naked 91-year-old man was able to hold a drunken intruder at gunpoint until deputies arrived. Robert E. Thompson jumped out of bed early Saturday when his dog starting growling and attacking the intruder. He said he got his revolver and went out back to let the guy know how he felt about home invaders. Thompson, a World War II veteran, said he didn't even notice he was standing outside in the dark without any clothes on. Authorities arrived to find a drunk intruder being held outside by a naked homeowner. The 26-year-old intruder was booked into the Palm Beach County Jail on a burglary charge. When seconds count, the police are mere minutes away.
    Posted by GrimFandango[/QUOTE]

This is pretty funny...thanks for posting.  From the article on USA today the dog is a doberman rottie mix, it would appear the intruder was lucky that this ended up this way instead of being shredded AND shot.  Priceless.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from phoenix56. Show phoenix56's posts

Absolutely.  Good post Grim.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Yeah, I know... it's not Newton : It's great that he can still thwart at his age.
    Posted by GrimFandango[/QUOTE]