A Good Day for the United States!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobc33. Show bobc33's posts

I do not agree with Barack Obama's positions, nor his viewpoints, and I won't be voting for him in November; but I was moved by his nomination last night.

Is race still a factor in the U.S. today? Yes. Is race going to be an issue on November 4th? Yes, but hopefully a very minor one.

But an African-American being nominated by a major political party? Think of the strides we've made in the last 40 years. I'd say let's reflect and say it was a very good day for the United States of America.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pymus. Show Pymus's posts

Too bad the first African American to be elected by a major party was wasted on Obama.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[Quote]after listening to black america's views on the oj trial, i gave up.

reinforced again by wright and the majority of black preachers who never stand up on the side of right and wrong.

you have a better chance of teeching a chimp to speak chinese than to assimilate the biggest racist group in America.[/Quote]

The world tipped upside down. Blacks who were brought here in chains and denied all human rights and when freed from bondage were given limited rights and were subject to random lynching... they are the racists?

I think you should look in a mirror: you will discover a hooded figure looking back at you.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

[Quote]after listening to black america's views on the oj trial, i gave up.

reinforced again by wright and the majority of black preachers who never stand up on the side of right and wrong.

you have a better chance of teeching a chimp to speak chinese than to assimilate the biggest racist group in America.[/Quote]

This has to be one of the most disgustingly xenophobic posts I've ever read on these boards (and I've read and responded to more than a few).

You are a despicable excuse for a human being and an even worse excuse for an American. It's particularly telling how the extreme right in this country views their fellow citizens with such disdain in the interests of preserving their own tyranny over race, religion and creed.
    Sadly, John McCain and the GOP mostly share your demented ideas. You certainly deserve each other.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadWolf7. Show BadWolf7's posts

[Quote]

The world tipped upside down. Blacks who were brought here in chains and denied all human rights and when freed from bondage were given limited rights and were subject to random lynching... they are the racists?

I think you should look in a mirror: you will discover a hooded figure looking back at you.[/Quote]

No, they are obviously not the racists, They cannot be. They are all dead. Have been for around a century

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

[Quote]Is not voting for someone because of their race as racist as voting for someone because of their race?[/Quote]

Sorry...not the same thing...no moral equivalence whatsoever.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadWolf7. Show BadWolf7's posts

[Quote]

Sorry...not the same thing...no moral equivalence whatsoever.[/Quote]

Sorry...same thing...voting for someone because of their race.

First Guy: "I voted for candidate Y because he is black and I am black"
    Second Guy: "I didn't vote for candidate Y becuase he is black. I voted for candidate Z because he is white and I am white"

Same thing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PS911fan. Show PS911fan's posts

Actually no, because the assumption that minorities including african americans vote monolithically is repugnant...and you are pushing that here along with the other racist matty was chastizing

One would have to ask ones motivation to find out if they are voting on race or not to get a reasonable answer.

If african americans only voted on race, many democratic candidates would never win.

Mosely Brawn and Sharpton would have done much better in 2004 if your racist beliefs (and you are not the only one spouting this foolishness here) were true.

Clinton was winnning most of the african american vote for quite a while which again blows your argument out of the water. Obama needed to win Iowa to make him viable. His campaign did not light up until he could show he had winning potential. Despite this Clinton still maintained a signficant african american and minority vote.

You can assume all minorities vote on color but not asking them and making that false assessment without proof makes YOU and others who support that belief to be even bigger idiots that what you post here.

Please stop the stupidity.......

[Quote]

Second Guy: "I didn't vote for candidate Y becuase he is black. I voted for candidate Z because he is white and I am white"

Same thing

[/Quote]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadWolf7. Show BadWolf7's posts

[Quote]Actually no, because the assumption that minorities including african americans vote monolithically is repugnant...and you are pushing that here along with the other racist matty was chastizing

One would have to ask ones motivation to find out if they are voting on race or not to get a reasonable answer.

If african americans only voted on race, many democratic candidates would never win.

Mosely Brawn and Sharpton would have done much better in 2004 if your racist beliefs (and you are not the only one spouting this foolishness here) were true.

Clinton was winnning most of the african american vote for quite a while which again blows your argument out of the water. Obama needed to win Iowa to make him viable. His campaign did not light up until he could show he had winning potential. Despite this Clinton still maintained a signficant african american and minority vote.

You can assume all minorities vote on color but not asking them and making that false assessment without proof makes YOU and others who support that belief to be even bigger idiots that what you post here.

[Quote]

Same thing
    [/Quote][/Quote]

Actually yes. It is the exact same thing. If you vote for a candidate or against a candidate because of race.

Please read the origional thread before commenting you are not responding to the origional premise

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cuchalain. Show cuchalain's posts

[Quote][Quote]Actually no, because the assumption that minorities including african americans vote monolithically is repugnant...and you are pushing that here along with the other racist matty was chastizing

[Quote]

Same thing

[/Quote][/Quote]

Actually yes. It is the exact same thing. If you vote for a candidate or against a candidate because of race.

Please read the origional thread before commenting you are not responding to the origional premise[/Quote]

and just because 90% of blacks are voting for Obama according to the polls, that's NOT monolithic. Why? Because PS say so dammit.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pymus. Show Pymus's posts

Sue - Meet two modern day slave owners from the Chicago area.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomSinMA. Show TomSinMA's posts

[Quote]

This has to be one of the most disgustingly xenophobic posts I've ever read on these boards (and I've read and responded to more than a few).

You are a despicable excuse for a human being and an even worse excuse for an American. It's particularly telling how the extreme right in this country views their fellow citizens with such disdain in the interests of preserving their own tyranny over race, religion and creed.
    Sadly, John McCain and the GOP mostly share your demented ideas. You certainly deserve each other.
    [/Quote] Mattyhorn, you ought not use such big words in the presence of a bushie!!! They arent accustomed to that.

Sections
Shortcuts