Bloomberg supports McCain

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from billings11. Show billings11's posts

Bloomberg announced his support for McCain on a radio show today - obviously not being covered by most of�the press. He hasn't officially�endorsed a candidate yet, but this is what he said (courtesy of ABC):"John McCain and his family are great Americans, they've contributed an enormous amount to our country. I was honored to have him campaign for me back in 2001, somebody introduced us, and he came up, and we walked the streets of Brooklyn. And I think he will be a great candidate. And I think on the Democratic side, whether it is Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton, all three of these people bring something very different to the party. And I think that is very healthy for our system," he said.
    He also had breakfast with McCain before the SNL skit, also which the media declined to cover. It is rumored that Bloomberg is somewhere at the top of McCain's VP list.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sandshark222. Show sandshark222's posts

May be an�tough ticket but Bloomberg isn't conservative enough - won't appeal to the conservative base. Should pick someone more like Jindal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sandshark222. Show sandshark222's posts

I agree with the experience point - but sinec McCain has the experience, they could still use Jindal to counter act Obama's youth, minority status, and enthusiasm (not that McCain isn't enthusiastic, there's just a youthful vibe to Jindal). Some conservatives are hailing Jindal as "the next Ronald Reagan".

One question is how would McCain/Bloomberg do with the state of NY?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from billings11. Show billings11's posts

Yeah VTEK...the Democrats would love an Obama/Bloomberg ticket. Unfortunately it would never happen for the following reasons:(1) They have completely differing views on the war.
    (2) Bloomberg is a fiscal conservative who has vocally expressed his opposition to Obama's economic plan. He hates taxes.
    (3) Bloomberg has loyalties to John McCain for helping him�run his mayoral campaign and in partnering on immigration reform.
    (4) Bloomberg has�loyalties to Rudy Giuliani, whom if he had been elected, Bloomberg said he would never have run against him or in opposition of him - and Rudy is part of McCain's campaign.
    (5) He suddenly dropped his White House exploratory bid immediately after John McCain won the nomination.
    (6) He has fully endorsed the McCain/Lieberman cap & trade bill.
    (7) He has refuted the notion of negotiating with Iran in the Obama fashion.
    (8) Did I mention that his ideas and policies differ drastically from Obama's?The Democrats swoon over the idea, which is why the "notion" has been buzzing through the media without any evidence of support from Bloomberg. There were about 20 news cameras during the Obama/Bloomberg lunch in the beginning of the year...but no one reported any of McCain's meetings with him. Also - no one has reported Bloomberg's obvious support of McCain either...or the fact that Bloomberg is on McCain's short list!McCain/Bloomberg would be unbeatable. Even just his support would demonstrate McCain's strengths. Look at the other VIPs supporting him!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from billings11. Show billings11's posts

I know he won't appeal to the conservative base, sandshark, but McCain really needs a well-known VP ticket that will both surprise all parties and create a media buzz. I think Jindal would be a fine VP...I just don't know that it'll happen.

The worst thing McCain could do is pick Romney. Why do you think the media can't leave this one alone? They're DYING to have him pick Romney. It would be a huge mistake. Romney can't carry a state, and he'll make McCain look like he's pandering. And then you run the risk of having an independent like Bloomberg run on Obama's ticket, because he feels that McCain is pandering to Republicans. That would be a disaster.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sandshark222. Show sandshark222's posts

I like Romney but I do agree with your point, the liberal media would have a field day with him. That's why I want Jindal - he's more conservative and he wouldn't be a negative factor.�

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

Pink....I side with you most of the time and think you add a great deal to these posts but really hope you are wrong on this one.  Bloomberg is not the message that McCain needs to bring to the general election.  He's way left of McCain and I think we need someone to the right of him who is more conservative with social issues and who is more of a strict constitutionalist.

No matter who he takes, they still won't lose to Obama.  We are just hours away from the annointment of Obama and the end of the Democratic party.  Really....if the Dems can't win this Presidency, they have no business being a major political party.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sandshark222. Show sandshark222's posts

It won't happen. Bloomberg is too liberal. McCain already has the conservative base uneasy - he does not want to push them away any further.

I saw Jindal open up for McCain's speech - there's a good choice. Good speaker, young, enthusiastic, brings diversity. Plus, he's a Reagan conservative.

Sections
Shortcuts