how long will american's stay apathetic

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from michelle2227. Show michelle2227's posts

Thanks forty,

It's entertaining really. Anyone can sit behind a computer and say anything so I don't let it get me all upset just because some people disagree with me and like to tell me what to do just because they're older, it's all really mature.

The facts are useless, no matter what most people are convinced that what they or the NYT say is fact, so it's a pointless argument for me to take some up on.

And btw nicegirl,

Fact: Bush is the 43rd President of the U.S.
    Opinion: Bush is the worst President the U.S. has ever had.

It's not that hard to get, I've always gotten it, you simply just get very defensive if people don't have the same liberal views, I get that, too.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from michelle2227. Show michelle2227's posts

Nicegirl,

I understand what you are saying, I just disagree with some of it. If being conservative on some issues is being close minded, then sure, call me that. If having petty arguments with some other users is childish, then almost everyone here at one point or another is guilty. And slanted? Please, act like you and every other person on this board isn't slanted towards their liberal or conservative views.

Keep tooting your horn, you are a good debater.. I guess? I'll take your word for it because if I don't I'll get called childish or close minded. Apparently opinions aren't well taken.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from billings11. Show billings11's posts

LOL, they would rather choose that over a "black" president! 50 % of this country is barbaric.

And you are being incredibly close-minded and predictable. How about not voting for him because he's a terrible candidate?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from billings11. Show billings11's posts

A terrible candidate meaning....he's the wrong choice, especially for Democrats....and he's going to lose.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from billings11. Show billings11's posts

Hahaha.First of all -- art and music being in curriculum is a matter of state funding and preference. The President of the United States has no power or initiative whatsoever to federally fund every single school district in the U.S. A President could, in Reagan fashion, initiate some sort of block grants for states who apply�for them and want�to fund educational programs...but Obama has no means to do that whatsoever - don't know about Clinton...but I know her husband was successful with that.Second of all -- want college to be affordable? Go to a state or community college. Again - the cost of a college education within a certain state is a state matter. Not a federal matter. Also - private colleges are a business. Their prices may be high, but people are paying for it - so that won't change, and the President, especially will have no means or power WHATSOEVER to control private businesses.Third of all -- YES, he is absolutely, positively wrong about the war in Iraq!!! He may not be wrong that he was against it - he has the right to say that...but his strategy for leaving the war is WAY off base. Hillary Clinton is the only one who has (for the sake of an exit and withdrawal strategy) noted a specific, comprehensive and feasibile option for immediate withdrawal. I put more faith in McCain's strategy, because I think he has a better understanding of the situation...but if you want immediate withdrawal and cease-combat in Iraq...then you may not want to vote for Obama.�Actually wait...go ahead...vote for Obama. I can't wait until the general election. :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from billings11. Show billings11's posts

nicegirl - a lot of what I just said WAS fact...and my opinions are typically based from fact. You don't need to insult me and call me small minded just because you don't have a good response.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from billings11. Show billings11's posts

Thanks!! I will :)

Sections
Shortcuts