Mrs. Obama "Wasnt Proud Of Her Country"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beautmind64. Show beautmind64's posts

I don't think that Mrs. Obama is alone in her sentiments. I was recently asked if I was a citizen; I answered unfortunately yes I was......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from diggerfortruth. Show diggerfortruth's posts

I agree. It is unfortunate that you are a citizen.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from fortysomething. Show fortysomething's posts

I agree that she is entitled to speak publically about her feelings about the US. I'm glad she did so we know where she is coming from. I feel that being the head of this country requires an overwhelming sense of pride and patriotism - 2 items that the Obama's clearly didn't feel until they saw their time at the public trough become a possibility.�If one describes their citizenship in this country as "unfortunate", I am quite sure that there are millions of people on the immigration waiting list that would gladly take your place.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from richcar. Show richcar's posts

Okay, somewhat of an overstatement in her exhuberance maybe. It's understandable, but her point is acceptable.But those willing to back a unilateral invasion of a sovereign nation, it's continual occupation for several years now, and not only the suppression of it's ruling parties, but almost complete destruction of it's infrastructure, and ongoing death of it's general population. Not to mention over 4000 deaths of its own military and who knows how many civilans. All espoused and ordered by those in the country's highest office, who first made oaths to get the perpetrators and their leader responsible of some 3000 civilian deaths in the countries largest city Sep. 11, 2001.But no, they focused their resources and our military on what's been termed a "pre-emptive strike" which amounts to undeclared war, invasion and occupation with no end in city and almost total destruction of what was a soverreign nation, while those perpetrators live on and boast of even greater opportunities and strength today.Now the supporters of the adminstration and the deceitful leaders are desperately trying to scratch at any point those who are exposing their evil deeds, making mountains out of mole-hills, such as Michelle's comment, for they are hopelessly trying to save face and realizing the scam is up and they and their whole regime will soon be deposed.History will eventually document how badly astray this nation has gone and how those zealots have shamed this nation. Amen to their arrogance and ignorance.����Godspeed Obama and Dems!!!!!������

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruiser66. Show bruiser66's posts

The point is hardly acceptable, I am no fan of this administration but does history only exist in the last 7 years? It is difficult to imagine that�a person who possesses the education she does would truly mean what she said. Do people really have no idea of other countries histories?�It's frustrating to�constantly hear so many speak of this country as such an awful place. Are there many, (many) flaws? Indeed! Do we have some less than proud moments in our history, again agreed. However, I have been many places in the world, third world countries and Euro powers alike and if one cares to, �one can find many more flaws and blights�in their pasts. Perhaps I should look at it as we have such high expectations of ourselves that we wish to be so much more. I would hope that those who find a flaw with which to critique this country would have some sense of context. This from a country that can muster only 50+% turnout in national elections and not even 40% in off year elections. Who is responsible for those laws you dislike? Back to Mrs. Obama, I prefer to think that�her words were�an exhuberant moment in front of a crowd. I know that it is difficult to keep ones focus in speaking in front of a large audience. The concern is not to stumble and not to say ahh or umm.�One �is usually counseled to continue on even in a mis-step and not disrupt flow by correcting oneself. So I can see how a statement like that could be made, however I am surprised that there hasn't been a clarification of her remarks?��Or has there been and I've simply missed it?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from billings11. Show billings11's posts

I don't see the big deal. She won over the Bush-hating, radical progressives...which is a big chunk of the population they've recruited.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtbr1975. Show mtbr1975's posts

Many people, including myself are ashamed of what people like Bush and Cheney have doen to this nation, so I can understand her sentiment.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtbr1975. Show mtbr1975's posts

Well, we try to do our best to tolerate you...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtbr1975. Show mtbr1975's posts

Its even more unfortunate that you have access to a computer... what a free country it is.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from meterman2. Show meterman2's posts

"I'm not going to attack Mrs. Obama because I don't see how she much matters.� And hell, I'm repulsed by Hillary Clinton's face, voice, and backside, but I'd still take her as president any day over Obama because substance is much more important than style.� I can't believe we would hand the keys to the country over to someone without experience, offering empty rhetoric, and displaying unparalleled arrogance"Very well said!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmart7. Show kmart7's posts

I can't believe we would hand the keys to the country over to someonewithout experience, offering empty rhetoric, and displayingunparalleled arrogance.

Are you talking about George W. Bush?� He was a "uniter, not a divider" after all.� He also seems to think he can do whatever he wishes.

I can understand your frustration with Obama.� He stands to undo a lot of the things that have happened in the last eight years - not because it's the Democrats' turn, but because he is pulling together a more complete coalition.� If this was just about Democrats, Hillary would be wrapping up the nomination.� He also looks like he will carry independents - not good for John McCain.

Please, save your outrage.� Losing is hard.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from richcar. Show richcar's posts

Hmmm! I'm new at these online�message discussions and I'm feeling my way along.First off, "bruiser66", eh, that�sounds intimidating and seems I best be wary.Just kidding, of course! However I must admit, I find your retort both articulate and ambiguous and it leaves me wondering.Your lead paragraph was excerpted and displayed on boston.com home page. Nothing wrong and cudos to you, in one sense. But I find it a perfect example of something taken out of context and being misleading. In reading your entire input I concluded you make excellent points, and we basically are in agreement - i.e., she basically overstated things, and speaking in front of large and national audience which iis filled with passion, it's understandable that can happen. Also, I agree, she probably should, if not already, maybe at her next appearance, clarify it and put to rest the naysayers accusations. Neither of us believe she's ungrateful or not patriotic, but excited about�the situation.So you like me seem to give her the benefit of the doubt unlike the general media and opposition who have tried to read into it the worse to stir up controversy or newswordiness, or try and tear down her character. Let, they tolerate the administration, what's go one, avoid the true issues and dwell on this kind of thing when there's tremendous issues at hand. It's amazing. And publishing just your first paragraph seems to put you in their camp. But you're a realist and agree to flaws in everything and seem broadminded, and again here's a case where something taken from context or truncated misrepresents you and makes you seemed allied with others.Lastly, you mentioned "laws you dislike" and I mentioned none so don't know meaning of that. But you are correct, it's a shame most people or half at best, vote.Good conversing with you and exchanging thoughts and points of view. Best regards!!!���

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkkite. Show jkkite's posts

Mrs Obama...if you believe taking this country�towards fascism is something to be proud of, I pity you.But really, she's as embarassing as her husband. when will you liberal dummies wake up and notice all they talk about is 'change', but have absolutely no plan nor agenda with which to back up those words. Does anyone know what Obama's�platform really is? oh yeah, it's 'change'. Why you liberals fall for these baseless words is beyond me...aren't any of you educated enough to see through this? Apparently not, as Obama is clearly following the baseless victory of Deval!� ����

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from uspatrio1. Show uspatrio1's posts

I don't think that Mrs. Obama is alone in her sentiments. I was recently asked if I was a citizen; I answered unfortunately yes I was......If you do not feel fortunate to be an American we will gladly trade you for one of the�5 billion+ people around the globe�who would.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from billings11. Show billings11's posts

I agree with you that substance is better than style...

Unfortunately I don't agree with anything that Hillary Clinton has presented.

To me - Obama's policies meet more in the middle, and I'll take that over communism any day.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from uspatrio1. Show uspatrio1's posts

"Many people, including myself are ashamed of what people like Bush and Cheney have doen to this nation, so I can understand her sentiment." But Bush and Cheney are still in office and we are still embroiled in�Iraq.�Is�it the fact that the surge�seems to�be working that she is suddenly proud?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from uspatrio1. Show uspatrio1's posts

"To me - Obama's policies meet more in the middle, and I'll take that over communism any day."Agreed Pink. It was this speech that Obama gave that got me."The hope for�change is in�knowledge that the people of America are the greatest at hoping for change. If all americans can embrace the positive hope that change will bring then hope will unite all Americans under�the banner of freedom and change that all Americans can hope for. We will talk to all of those who oppose us so that they may embrace hope as we as Americans do."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtbr1975. Show mtbr1975's posts

Partisanship works so well, its got our nations government gridlocked. Its provided us with poor leadership and no one willing to make a single tough decision and they are perpetually running for office... yeah, that partisanship has worked out so well for us.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtbr1975. Show mtbr1975's posts

And using examples of famous words that have made a difference is not arrogance, its called making a point.. perhaps its time you got your head out of your a$$ and stop trying to nitpik every single little word that comes out of every Democrats mouth.. perhaps if you turned this much attention on the Neo-Cons we would flushing this country down the toilet.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from billings11. Show billings11's posts

Obama's plans to reform healthcare and education...while being out there in fantasy land...are far less communistic than Hillary Clinton's.Obama said something else in his speech that seemed a little more tolerable. He repeated what John McCain had said an hour earlier in his speech (perhaps he should have credited him) that the people should be the strongest force in our government.Whether or not he means� that statement...I can swallow it better than watching Hillary Clinton's Christmas commercial where she bestows her *cough*big government*cough* gifts to the American people.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruiser66. Show bruiser66's posts

Richcar,Likewise I'm new as well, and I've been home w/ the flu and started poking around yesterday and felt compelled to weigh in.Thank you for your kind words regarding my post and to clarify I wasn't necessarily referring to 'you' specifically but more generally to people who simply complain and take such a predictable 'side' when framing their argument.I do believe that there are many like me who have positions that don't necessarily align precisely with one 'side' or the other. I also believe that people don't spend enough time appreciating the opportunity to live as one likes here in the U.S. particularly in contrast with many other places in the world. I just had the discussion with my wife about how often people throw out the phrase " in many European countries they do {---insert issue here---} so much better".� There is so much fantasy and projection going on that it's absolutely ridiculous. But what are our examples? Did you see Chris Matthews last night put the Texas State Legislator on the spot with why he supported Obama? He asked him to name one legislative accomplishment, just one. The gentleman could not name one! He looked like a deer in the headlights. This in and of itself isn't taking away from Obama, it's indicative of our national attitude that one could be so arrogant to allow oneself to go on National Television in support of a Presidential candidate and not have one positive substantive comment about his accomplishment prepared, even written down in front of him to refer to ???? We have become the shortcut nation... the nation of� "I deserve"� as evidenced by our credit card debts, our home equity loans and our inability to pay mortgages, but yet have big sreen tv's, leased cars and pay our vacations off in installments.... because hey, we deserve it ...It's not soley our government that has let us down, it's our collective lack of personal responsibilty and our desire for the good life absent the necessary hard work. Two income families necessary�so that kids are day care from 3 months on... Really? or�is that because�many people�feel�they�'deserve' the better zip code, the larger house��and need the nicer car, so they both slavishly work�in order to have more stuff.�� Parents fatigued from this grinding schedule, prepare less food, leading to more expediture on take away, which is poorer quality, leading to health issues, fatigued parents, lead to more T.V. time for infants, which leads to attention and learning deficits, which makes the schools job that much more difficult, which makes the desire to teach that much less appealing and the frustrations mount and the problems build.There are very clear and distinct linkages to our present national malaise, but we don't wish to deal with the real issues due to our collective guilt and sense of entitlement. Sorry for the rant, but unfortunately my belief is that these things are all related and that they are indeed influenced by our government and we haven't had a leadership willing to tell us what's wrong with us in a long time. Because it's hard to do that and we have become soft, we think we deserve more even if we haven't earned it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmart7. Show kmart7's posts

"And Obama's comparing his words to those of JFK, FDR, and the Constitution is arrogant."
    He wasn't comparing himself to those people.� He was stating that words can mean something.� After all, when JFK, FDR and Thomas Jefferson made their now-famous quotes, their legacies were not established.� We view their comments in retrospect.� A fair criticism of Obama can only be made years from now.� His point is that he shouldn't dismissed for being a great orator and a fresh face on the political scene.� On the issues, he's very similar to Hillary, but he understands the power of communication.� His job as President will be no different that JFK's, FDR's or -- for the sake of argument -- Ronald Reagan's: to communicate to the general public why we need to change course in this country.

I think the last eight years have left people cynical as to what words can mean -- particularly the majority of people who think the current administration has been dishonest.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kmart7. Show kmart7's posts

PinkElephant:

The policies of Obama and Clinton are pretty similar.� If you just don't like Hillary for some unknown reason, stand behind it.� You'll actually gain more respect for it than if you invent reasons.

As for communism, you shouldn't mistake policies that help people as communism.� Unless you're very wealthy, voting against Obama or Hillary is like voting against your own interests.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ennui. Show ennui's posts

So for the first time in her life she's proud of her�country �- well la di da.��� And all it took was her husband running for the top office.� Was she proud when he was elected as a�senator or not so much?��� Hmmm, and whom was she plagiarizing?� Probably not a huge deal, and just a� faux pas on her part however, the statement is a bit revealing as to the true nature of her attitude. . Stay tuned for explanation and profuse apology to the US of A.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ceo97. Show ceo97's posts

The obvious question is "does her husband share her sentiments?� This goes with her comment that she "isn't sure if she can support Hillary if she is the nominee".� She sounds like a person with no greater loyalty than to herself and her husband.� What a shame and how shallow.� That her husband is winning primaries is her only cause for pride in this country?� The country has many things to be proud of and many to be angry or ashamed about in its long history as do most countries.� To be in her priveledged position and to have gotten so much advantage from her country in education and material things and to say this indicates that she is not a person I would find to be��worth much.� I wonder if her husband is worth more?� She is part of his ability to judge and choose as well.

Sections
Shortcuts