Rev. Wrights excellent weekend

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from billings11. Show billings11's posts

"The US of KKK," "God-amn American," US causing 9/11, "white folks" inventing AIDS to destory "black people," etc. etc.

These are not religious beliefs, Mattyhorn.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pensapositivo. Show pensapositivo's posts

The problem is that people like Pymus will never listen because they are already corrupted in their ideas. I mean corrupted by saying that not matter what is the true they will not accept it. There is a distortion in they reasoning that doesn�t allow them to see the true. Trying to convince them is a waste of time. -->�-->So ,� trying to discuss the Rev. Wright words is like talking to a wall. To understand the Rev.�s words you must have a global perspective. But, Pymus specie has too many limitations, �first there is a racial bias, he will never admitted, �second , his reasoning is the Rambonian philosophy , third because the worst deaf �is the one that doesn�t want to listen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

I am so sick of this racist BS. I grew up in -->South Boston--> in the late 60's and early 70's. I was and am called aracist all the time by people (black and white) who don't know me but know Iwas born and raised in "racist Southie". My friends (yes many black)that have known me for 30+ years have never heard me make a racist statement oreven a joke. I have NEVER uttered the N word as I find it personally offensive.Yet those who accuse me are not considered racist. WHY? I have had black menwalk up to me and say "I guess you hate me because I married a whitewoman". I reply to them and am supported by mutual friends, "No, Ihate you because you are a racist a$$*()e and I have no time in my life forpeople like you".� The Rev. Wright is a RACIST, Jesse Jackson, AlSharpton etc. are all RACISTS! They make their living on the racial divide inthis country and until the black community tossed these racists pigs out ontheir butts we will have this problem.

Racists feel that Black people will be empowered by acandidate they had to grow to support....so they try to discount his slow tripup the ladderby discounting his victories and accepting without questionHillary's memes on frankly everything.

Yea and the Republicans/conservatives are all racist. When Condi Rice, ColinPowell, Michael Steele, Clarence Thomas, J.C. Watts are on any show talkingabout conservative values they are mocked as "Uncle Toms". But�THATisn't racist!� Bill Cosby is being talked down as "not being blackenough" HELLO? Look in the mirror before you bring out that racist BS!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kisses. Show kisses's posts

Are we responsibile for our pastor or former pastors words and actions;� This was the Clinton's former pastor:When the Rev. William Procanick put his hand on the Bible during his sex-abuse trial in Oneida County Court earlier this year, he swore to tell the whole truth and nothing but the truth.�

But as the former Clinton pastor was sentenced Friday to three years in prison for inappropriately touching a 7-year-old girl at his home last March, Judge Michael L. Dwyer said Procanick sacrificed his honesty the day he testified.�

�As a minister of God, you got on the stand and you lied,� Dwyer told Procanick, the 54-year-old former pastor of Resurrection Assembly of God church on Kirkland Avenue.�

A jury found Procanick guilty Jan. 22 of first-degree sexual abuse and endangering the welfare of a child.�
    Are Catholics responsible for priests that are 10 times worst� than REv. Wright, who has a big ego and like to talk?�

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

I agree and would doubt the $30K number as too low. Most churches request tithing of 10% or more. With their combined salaries I would think $30K would be a year or two worth. They may have given Rev. Wright the check(s) but it most likely was for the church.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from billings11. Show billings11's posts

The Obama-->'-->s have been members of the church for 20 years...$30k isn-->'-->t an abnormal amount of money considering the timeframe and their salaries.�It was $30,000 in his tax returns for last year. Also - basket donations at the church are usually not acknowledged in writing for tax purposes. Therefore, the donation would have had to have been made in full or large segments in one year�and acknowledged as�a $30,000 donation�for a specific purpose (e.g. operating support, capital, expansion, etc).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

Yes, you can blame Clintonif she doesn't disavow this "reverend" as I do blame Obama for notwalking out of his church 20 years ago.

I am a Catholic. I knew one of the Priests caught inthe scandal (Joe Welsh) when he was at St. Peters in Plymouth in the late 70's and early 80's. I disowned him as afriend and have distanced myself from the archdiocese AND Rome (until Bernie Law it tossed on his butt). I have notdistanced myself from my parish as no priests were implicated in the scandaland to my knowledge none were involved in any way. I will not put a nickel inthe collection plate for fear it will find its way to Boston or Rome. Instead I help pay for the phone bill or theelectric bill or some other bill that I send the check directly to the phonecompany etc.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

Not true! When I put a $50 check each week in the offering basket I claimed that on my taxes. The tax return would be $2,600 for X Parish. As long as I have the cancelled checks.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from billings11. Show billings11's posts

Substantiation RulesA donor cannot claim a tax deduction for any singlecontribution of $250 or more unless the donor obtainsa contemporaneous, written acknowledgment of thecontribution from the recipient church or religiousorganization. A church or religious organization thatdoes not acknowledge a contribution incurs no penalty;but without a written acknowledgment, the donorcannot claim a tax deduction. Although it is a donor�sresponsibility to obtain a written acknowledgment, achurch or religious organization can assist the donor byproviding a timely, written statement containingthe following information:� name of the church or religious organization,� date of the contribution,� amount of any cash contribution, and� description (but not the value) of non-cash contributions.In addition, the timely, written statement must containone of the following:� statement that no goods or services were provided bythe church or religious organization in return for thecontribution,� statement that goods or services that a church or religiousorganization provided in return for the contributionconsisted entirely of intangible religious benefits, or� description and good faith estimate of the value ofgoods or services other than intangible religious benefitsthat the church or religious organization provided inreturn for the contribution.The church or religious organization may either provideseparate acknowledgments for each single contributionof $250 or more or one acknowledgment to substantiateseveral single contributions of $250 or more. Separatecontributions are not aggregated for purposes of measuringthe $250 threshold.�If Obama gave every week to the church last year...his weekly donation would have had to have been over $600/week.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from billings11. Show billings11's posts

Sorry, I misspoke. Cancelled checks can work for donations under $250. However, unless Obama made 3 seperate donations�every week throughout the year�of $249...this would not apply to him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

Pink, I am not a tax person and I didn't sleep at the Holiday Inn Express last night so please have patience with me. If he gave a check for $600 a week in the offering plate couldn't this still be totalled for the year and, with proper receipts for each week of course, claimed as a $30K gift to the church? Would he have to itemize each weekly gift?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from billings11. Show billings11's posts

I suppose so...most churches don't�have the staff capacity to process all and acknowledge all donations weekly,�however...it's a big job. A large weekly donation that would have to be acknowledged as such is possible...but very unlikely. It may be that after giving $600/week every week to the church, he asked them to tally it up and write one acknowledgement at the end of year...but still...those are some HEFTY donations! Most people don't even give $600 a�YEAR to their favorite charitable organization.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from billings11. Show billings11's posts

I don't think the acknowledgement is unlikely...its a necessity. I'm saying that the $600/week donation is probably unlikely. My guess is that, since his book is name after a Wright sermon, that when he started making his book royalties, that he generously donated it to the church that he attended for 20 years, that inspired the title of his book and that firmed his spirtual/political beliefs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fortysomething. Show fortysomething's posts

It's Clinton the TOWN not Clinton the Senator. Get your facts straight.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenzenz. Show tenzenz's posts

You are missing the same thing all of the political pundets have been missing. The Super Delegates are there to choose the best candidate that they believe will beat McCain in November. Clinton Trounced Obama in Mass, yet we have seen Kennedy & Kerry both throw their support behind Obama based on a misinterpretation of a statement by Bill Clinton. If they can make up their mind against the will of the voters, then every other non-committed delegate reserves the right to do the same thing. Certainly they will look at the numbers based on the will of the people, but if the current tide continues against Obama then they have to strongly consider Clinton as the nominee. Furthermore, Obama's lead in the Total State count really means zip. States like Wyoming, Idaho, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabam, Missippi, etc... will never vote democratic. This is where the Superdelegates have to really look because the National election is won in the Electoral College. Clinton has one 3 very key states convincingly, Ohio, Pennsylvania & Florida. As we have seen in a couple of previous elections,These states will be critical to the democrats winning back the White House in November.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from samanthastevens. Show samanthastevens's posts

"I suppose so...most churches don't�have the staff capacity to process all and acknowledge all donations weekly,�however...it's a big job. A large weekly donation that would have to be acknowledged as such is possible...but very unlikely. It may be that after giving $600/week every week to the church, he asked them to tally it up and write one acknowledgement at the end of year...but still...those are some HEFTY donations! Most people don't even give $600 a�YEAR to their favorite charitable organization."Most churches in the UCC DO give an annual statement of giving to anyone who uses envelopes.� If you request envelopes from the church for tithing, then your donations are tracked for the year by your envelope number.� At tax time a statement is mailed to each and everyone who requested envelopes.� How do I know this?� I am the person who keeps those records.� And every UCC church I know does the same thing.� Wright's church is a member of the United Church of Christ.� His donations (and the donations of anyone else who requested church envelopes) would be tracked for him for tax purposes.� Oh, and I'm a volunteer doing this job, as a "church officer."� My contemporaries at othe UCC churches are volunteers as well.� Unless you are a regular attender of a UCC church, don't assume you know how we conduct our business.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

I didn't give the facts! I was responding to a post. Read before you act!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

ALL Democrat delegates are uncommitted. They can go to the convention and on the first ballot vote for anyone they want.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mn25. Show mn25's posts

Saying or doing terrible things nowadays it seems that it lands interviews, book deals and lots of exposure. This seems to be the case again with the racist Rev. Wright who's riding high�his new found popularity, �gloating in the media attention. While looking straight at the camera with a defiant, intense stare, he said : "I would accept the Vice President position". His whole speech the other day is an insane tirade of racial remarks and contradictory statements. And we're not entitled to hear what the person Mr. Obama "could not denounce more than he can denounce his own white grandmother"�thinks or says?� How did we go from "I have a dream..." and "It's not what the country can do for you, but what you can do for your country" to "God damn America" ?!?!! How can Michelle and Barack Obama turn a deaf ear to that every Sunday?� How can they allow their children go to a church where the reverend is so publicly anti-American and racist?�It's not God Damn America, Mr. Wright, but God Bless America. It's the very reason for your�defiance�so you can stand up for yourselft and say whatever without the fear of being arrested, losing your job, or terrible things happen to you and your family.� Thank God for being an American!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenzenz. Show tenzenz's posts

WOW! what have you been watching or listening to? a large Majority of delegates have already committed to one or the other candidate. The big issue is that neither candidate can garner enough delegates to win the nomination in the primaries. Can they still change their mind, Of Course!, & some will have to by the end of the convention in order to nominate a candidate, �but to say that all are uncommitted is just ludicrous. Either way, by the end of the Democratic Convention in Denver, if not sooner, a majority of the committed delegates will not be changing their allegiance, but enough will do so,�in order to nominate the candidate with the best chance of winning the General election in November.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

LOL, more than you I guess... The rules of the DNC stipulate that the delegates are NOT committed to any candidate. It is "suggested" they vote for the candidate they have been "assigned" to but they can under the rules not vote for that candidate.

The DNC says it is to allow former candidate delegates the leeway to change but really it is they (the DNC powers) think the ellectorate is too dumb to elect a President.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

Try this link...

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0208/8583.html

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenzenz. Show tenzenz's posts

I have been saying this without getting into the details. Again, many of the pledged delegates are not going to change their mind, but enough will, whether they are switching from Clinton to Obama or the other way around in order to reach the magic number required to nominate. One Tidbit I found interesting in that article was the Obama Rep, denying that they are trying to persuade current Clinton pledged delegates to switch. Yeah, & Bush is actually a Democrat! Just another stick on the pile that�proves Obama is not above the typical Washington Political Climate. He is no better than the rest of them, he just lacks any real experience & the fortitude to stand up for something, except for Rev. Wright. Boy, That was a good move.... If we had another 9/11 here, I can only imagine him cowaring in the mountain, unable to make a sound decision on our response, or what would he do if-in-fact Israel was attacked by a nuclear weapon? Nobody wants either scenario, but he lacks the experience or any resolve to respond effectively whether or not it would require force in kind. His record does not show me any ability to stand up to any of the hardline politics he will be facing whether nationally or international in scale. I hope that there are enough�currently pledged delegates that will switch toward Clinton & nominate her. She is our best hope to realize real change, that the people of this country want & desperately need. Let's face it, every candidate has some skeletons in their closet. It will not affect her ability to do the dirty work necessary to make these changes

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kisses. Show kisses's posts

No one is responsible for what their pastor does or says.� Should Hillary be responsible for the dumb things that her husband has said or done.� I don't think so.Lets be concerned about the gas, oil prices, our home values and increasing taxes.We should be calling our senators, congressman and the president to start acting on these issues.��