Surprised by Tuesday's primary results?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wedeservebetter. Show wedeservebetter's posts

No.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dg1002. Show dg1002's posts

That's great that you were out there all day and I admire your committment to your candidate. But you bring up the point that all those women, you don't mention men, came to the polls. They came there because they felt connected to her because of her "staged" crying episode the day before. There is not substance behind her, she pulled the wool over all of those women. How can you possibly be behind someone who breaks down that easily? And, before you go off blaming me for being a chauvenist, I am a woman. She claims she want to break the barriers and prove that she can be the first female president, then act like it. She's going to get a lot tougher questions thrown at her than how do you do your hair in the morning? I've never liked her, never like her lying, cheating husband either, but she really went over the top with this one.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from candyjar. Show candyjar's posts

i agree with you. i have been behind hillary since she last stayed in the white house. barack obama could make a good president but the time is just not right for him yet. i love hillary and bill. she has my vote and if she does not get the democratic nomination, i will find a way to right her name in

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

I remember when I got out of College and went out to California for a period of time to "find myself." I had no idea what I was doing. I remember I got involved briefly with some entity {which turned out to be "crooked"} which sold photographs of some kind. The "owners'' would send young, attractive, people to grocery stores where they'd hand out tickets saying someone had "won a prize" of some kind. There'd be a phone number on the "winning ticket" which they could call to "claim it." WE were supposed to await these phone calls in a motel room and when we met with these people try an sell them some "scrapbook" or something. I forget exactly what................Anyway. The "sale" was built entirely on emotion. We were supposed to try an bring forth our "customers" feelings for family, Mom, apple pie, etc. etc. Apparently this "scam" {which I soon found out was a scam} was going on all over America.............except in New England. I asked the "perpetrators" why they were in California, the South, Midwest, far West....................almost every place but New England. They told me, "they don't buy it." I said, "what do you mean?" They said, "they won't go for all the emotional stuff and all the BS."...........................Was I surprised by what happened in New Hampshire? No. I live in Maine. They probably voted for Hillary because everyone said they should vote for Obama. Next time if they are told they should vote for Hillary then they'll vote for Obama. They don't care much about Camelot or whether Obama is black or whether Hillary is a woman, etc. etc. They'll do as they damn please. You gotta love it!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1174001. Show user_1174001's posts

I'm not at all surprised by who won and lost. The reasons are covered in other posts.

But I want to comment on all the digs and snide remarks about Hillary Clinton's tears. I am not a Clinton partisan. My vote is undecided.

However, if I don't vote for Clinton it won't be because she cried a little. I believe her tears were real. All the carping and hostility and comments about "weakness" in other posts seems, frankly, paranoid, backward, stupid, and a bit inhuman.

I'll never forget the blank, untearful, completely unemotional face of President Bush when he sat in that classroom and heard the news of 9/11. Better a politician who wells up, who is ready to risk showing some emotion than an entitled idiot in the White House.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dg1002. Show dg1002's posts

Are you kidding me? The people in NE do not believe in Camelot? How long has Ted Kennedy been in office????????

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

I think they like Kennedy's politics. I'm saying {frankly} that New Englander's are more cynical than the country at large. I don't think they were ready to coronate Obama because he's good looking, speaks well, has a cute family, is young, was endorsed by Oprah, etc.etc.etc. etc..........They didn't "buy it." They don't care.

-W-

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from eageag. Show eageag's posts

You may wish to go back and re-read the first paragraph of my comment. Again, it is as follows:
    Yesterday, we stood at the Fisk School in Salem NH holding our signs for Hillary. We stood from 6:30 am until the polls closed at 7:00 pm. We were honored and proud to be part of the legions of NH women and men who came out to cast their ballot for Hillary Clinton.
    Clearly, we owe a great debt of gratitude to both women and men for helping make this election the success that it is for Hillary. We stood shoulder to shoulder...please have no doubt about that!
    Thank you and......GO HILLARY!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sixer. Show sixer's posts

>>Republicans promise to appoint "strict constructionist" judges and I know what that means.

Wait, let me see if I do too...

"Follow the Constitution"? That's what you meant, right?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jafuf. Show jafuf's posts

So the next President will be a woman or a black man...Anyone care to speculate on how long they'll last before they're assassinated and replaced by a white male Vice President? I doubt either candidate will have the guts to choose another minority as their running mate. I don't even know why the Republicans bother to have a candidate. After 8 years of Mr. War-Monger, white supremecist, Neo-Nazi Bush, they better resign themselves to a change...at least for a couple of months before the assassination.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

Whatever. People in the Northeast are VERY independant people who are influenced far less by what is "cool" or "trendy" than other sections of the country. Whether in Maine, NH, Massachusetts or elsewhere New Englanders do not much care what people "think." They'll do what they think is right and don't really care what the "mob" is doing. That is one of the reasons I love New England besides the fact that it is one of the most beautiful places in the world.

By the way. Alot of these future primaries are exclusively "Democratic" primaries. In other words if you aren't a registered Democrat you can't participate. This bodes well for Hillary Clinton. Another thing. The Clinton political machine i.e.- money, operatives, etc. is a very formidable organization {just like the Kennedy political machine, or the Bush political machine}. They have boatloads of money and the best operatives in the business.

One more thing. Hillary Clinton is a "bulldog." She is as tough as they come................Obama has his work cut out for him. All I can say is, "good luck Barack."

-W-

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

Old news. Who cares? I don't.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

About what? Who has time for all that tedious sh*t? I don't get into the Bush connection with Saudi Arabia and all that tripe either. Nor do I believe 9/11 was an inside job. I accept politics for what it is. There is nothing more boring than conspiracy theories. I believe Vince Foster committed suicide. It happens all the time.....................and no I don't want to read some 35 page treatise from the Nation magazine or the New Republic with some convoluted theory about how the Clinton's had Vince Foster murdered because he liked brown shoes instead of black shoes. I don't buy it.

-W-

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

She does look like a tough women. I guess when she wears a "severe harness" and heels it drives "Mac" crazy. Real taskmaster I guess...................Mrs. Obama looks like she could
    drive a hard bargain too.

-W-

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from walton. Show walton's posts

They got together with Lucky Luciano {who was a bit old and thin} and asked if perhaps they could make Vince an offer he couldn't refuse. Apparently Vince refused which perturbed Lucky greatly. It was all about whether he liked cinnamon donuts or jelly donuts better. What people don't know is that Vince actually died from asphyxiation. An overdose of jelly donuts. He just couldn't get the words out.

-W-

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kineowatha. Show kineowatha's posts

I have a sense for New Hampshire having once lived there. I know the area above Concord and as far as White River Jct. Vt.

The results as well as the turnout were significant where those entering the race for the first time did very well. Certainly a win is one desired outcome, but so is a result as good as finishing second.

The demographics of the voters drew a significant contrast between the coastal area, and the interior sections where in Lebanon, Hanover, White Rive Jct. or an area growing in the highest top percentile of America, best demonstrated the power of diversity and the ambition of change before those that were voting for the first time. I believe that is a message that any candidtae welcomes. The voice and the vote of the people to want change, to participate in such change, and with the power of governance to make it a reality.

To say one candidate was favored or was given advantage over another as purely a demographical function, I think draws the race closer to its center of having to run the full course of every primary to draw any such conclusion. It is the diversity each candidate has to draw upon is the best reason the vote went as it did in NH.

In total, I am glad to see results that are not a 50/50 split where there is no conclusive winner. Or like that of a 3-way race, with just as close as a split result. I hope it is one of the best election years ever and so far I would be certain that it is. I like each of the candidates and am as excited to finally cast my vote next November.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ennui. Show ennui's posts

It certainly isn't out of the realms of possibility. We need only look to the Bush-Gore election for an answer.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ennui. Show ennui's posts

My post was a response about Ron Paul and as the nation knows, Bush was elected by the people in 2004 however 2000 remains in question as to what took place in a state his brother governed.

I have not stated who I plan to vote for so I do not require a lecture on the Clinton legacy. Asa registered independent, my mind is not yet made up. I loved McCain in 2000 but have to wonder if at the age of 70, he can take on the pressures of a 4 year term. Barack Obama is charismatic, intelligent and a true gentleman who is running a classy campaign, thus far but feel he'll be better prepared to lead our country in 2012. John Edwards, in my opinion is too slick, too packaged.

My vote will be cast based on the candidate who I feel will strongly address illegal aliens, the war in Iraq, the weakened infrastructure of this country after 8 years of Bush, the health care system and work towards restoring America's once highly regarded reputation.