talking about the issues

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from billings11. Show billings11's posts

talking about the issues

What is the single most important issue to you that will influence your vote for a Presidential candidate? This does not include change, hope, personality or, unless you are a soldier or have a relative involved, the Iraq war. I'm only referring to specific issues and detailed solutions. Anyone?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sandshark222. Show sandshark222's posts

talking about the issues

Joe - That was a breath of fresh air on this board! You hit the nail on the head my friend.The problem is, everytime we try to get more nuclear power, the bill never passes. We need more oil refineries, but�the government stops them from being built.We need to become oil and energy independant, but our own government stops us from doing so.If we could just cut the string to the foreign oil as you said..... just imagine how low the prices would be at the pump?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

talking about the issues

Do any of the other issues matter if some Muslim extremist sponsored by a terrorist state detonates a nuke in Manhattan??�

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

talking about the issues

What? Then they couldn't blame Bush and "Big Oil"! How dare you interject facts into their argument!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from billings11. Show billings11's posts

talking about the issues

Yeah...its funny how oil prices have skyrocketed the last couple of years...under...((what was that??)) a Democrat controlled Congress?? Noooo...Many Democrats have admittedly cited that they wish to keep the price of oil high in order to curb consumption.� Yet, the high oil prices are the biggest factor of the current state of our economy. And the mass production of ethanol is causing the high food prices.Who wants to continue down this road of high oil costs, high food prices, and a struggling transportation sector�that is going to get taxed up their **** if a Democrat wins the White House?? NOT ME!!!!!�

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from msts-1. Show msts-1's posts

talking about the issues

I happily take exception to your second line. In April, the Shaw Group signed a licensing agreement to build two new nuclear power plants in Georgia. Each is capable of producing 1100MW. Now, if the country would allow one hundred more, we would be in business.I work in the fossil fuel burning industry and we all acknowledge that the fossil part is done. All existing fossil plants are going to be maintained and refurbished , but few are going to be built. Nukes are coming back. The nonsense about carbon emissions is just that, nonsense, but if it is the impetus for change, then I will take it.The only real change we will see is not by allowing more drilling and getting more coal, it�is by getting out of fossil altogether and the dreaded power industry is already moving in that direction. The best thing we could do as a country is go 80% nuclear, with hydro as the other 20%. This would do more to drop the demand pressure on oil than any other proposal. I would also like to see some real resolve on wind energy here in New England. There is no real benefit of wind farms, too many are needed to provide too few megawatts. I would like to see local wind turbines� for residential use. Sixty foot tower with a twelve foot turbine would provide enough power for your home and send power out to the grid. I think anyone with an acre or more should be allowed the option.The real problem is that no one is looking for ideas or solutions, they are only looking to complain and to assign blame.

Sections
Shortcuts