Who should be the VP candidates?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seizetime. Show seizetime's posts

Why is Nancy Pelosi not on the list?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from craigandest. Show craigandest's posts

Clark would be a strong pick and one that could help Hillary and her supporters really get behind Obama.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenzenz. Show tenzenz's posts

I just went through the Democratic VP list/survey from Bostondotcom & am surprised that neither Biden or Bloomberg are on it. Biden for his candor & experience, & Bloomberg because of his financial expertise. If he does not consider either of them he should certainly consider them for Secratary of State & Economic Advisor. He should not consider Jim Webb, because we don't want to have that senate seat to end up back in the hands of the Republicans. Although Webb may be a viable option for VP, He is proving to be a more important  asset to the Democratic PArty as a senator from Virginia. I am hopinf for an Obama/Clinton Ticket. The Rest of this list just does not bring anything to the Obama Ticket that is really beneficial.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnFromSomerville. Show JohnFromSomerville's posts

I think Jim Webb is the best choice. I don't think control of Congress is a realistic concern, as I am expecting a Democratic landslide. The Dems might even win enough seats to kick Leiberman out of party as they ought to do. If you want to woo the Reagan Democrats, and know that the Republicans are going to attack Obama on national defense, what better choice than to pick Reagan's Secretary of the Navy?! He balances the ticket well.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pedimom. Show pedimom's posts

Mike Gravel.  He's already put the reigns on Obama.  A nice counterweight to the military industrial complex.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pedimom. Show pedimom's posts

Mike Gravel.  He's already put the reigns on Obama.  A nice counterweight to the military industrial complex.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

[Quote]I think Jim Webb is the best choice. I don't think control of Congress is a realistic concern, as I am expecting a Democratic landslide. The Dems might even win enough seats to kick Leiberman out of party as they ought to do. If you want to woo the Reagan Democrats, and know that the Republicans are going to attack Obama on national defense, what better choice than to pick Reagan's Secretary of the Navy?! He balances the ticket well.[/Quote]

Dem landslide based on what information???  You better hope O takes Hillary or he's done politically.  Lbbys hate nobody more than someone who let's them down and loses a Presidential bid...Mondale, Dukakis, Kerry, Gore.....now Obama.

O needs Hillary to win...PERIOD.  I hope McCain takes Romney.  You may not like the fact that Obama won't be President but you will sleep better knowing you are safe at night with McCain.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnFromSomerville. Show JohnFromSomerville's posts

[Quote]Dem landslide based on what information???  You better hope O takes Hillary or he's done politically.  Lbbys hate nobody more than someone who let's them down and loses a Presidential bid...Mondale, Dukakis, Kerry, Gore.....now Obama.

O needs Hillary to win...PERIOD.  I hope McCain takes Romney.  You may not like the fact that Obama won't be President but you will sleep better knowing you are safe at night with McCain.[/Quote]

You've got to be kidding! She'll bring Republicans to the polls that might have otherwise stayed home. Her supporters will come around. What, are they going to vote Republican?! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from flycop. Show flycop's posts

What about John Edwards, Joe Biden, Mike Gravel, or Al Gore? I think any of these guys would be a great canidate. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MOOKIED. Show MOOKIED's posts

The next VP should be Kansas governor Kathleen Sebelius. She has been elected twice in an overwhelmingly Republican state. She is strong on creating jobs and health care. Her father is a former governor of Ohio (a state that may decide the election). And what a slap in the face it would be to Hillary. Imagine when Barack calls HRC and says "I'm choosing a woman as my running mate --- and it's not you".

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mdminer. Show mdminer's posts

Check out a real run down.

http://aidemocracy.typepad.com/

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from clericalism. Show clericalism's posts

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from clericalism. Show clericalism's posts

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from erasox. Show erasox's posts

Obama certainly does not need Hillary to win. Did anyone see McCain's speech last night?  This guy makes Elmer Fudd articulate and erudite. It will become clearer and clearer how utterly weak John McCain is as a candidate against Senator Obama.  Also, if Hillary supporters are so sore about her defeat, they need to think before they say they'll vote for McCain. They need to ask themselves if they really want McCain choosing the next Supreme Court Justices.  The answer is clearly NO.

The best choice for VP is Jim Webb.  While his service in the US Senate is less than Sen. Obama's he was Secretary of the Navy under Reagan.  He's a war veteran who has a son serving in Iraq.  He will counter McCain's perceived strength with his own decorated military background.  He's popular in VA and will help in the South to some degree...he can't counter the bigotry that we'll see in the fall all over the country but acutely below the Mason-Dixon line.  He's a moderate Democrat. He's a hunter and a gun owner.

If Senator Obama does want to add a woman to the ticket, Janet Napolitano is very good.  While Kathleen Sebelius is terrific too and would add a heartland element that could go over well, Napolitano is more energetic and lively. Sebelius is about as exciting as a coma but she's terrific on the issues.

Lastly, one should not forget Dick Gephardt. Gephardt is a real statesman and is well respected by Democrats and Republicans. The mid-west is important and
    Missouri is a battleground state. Moreover, like Webb, Gephardt provides the kind of stability that is needed in a V.P.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DiamondintheWash. Show DiamondintheWash's posts

for the Dems, Joe Biden.  Richardson as a second choice.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from borednma. Show borednma's posts

As 2 other people already said, why absolutely no talk of John Edwards? I think he would be a really strong running mate? Opinions?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PS911fan. Show PS911fan's posts

McSame

Tim "I-35 bridge failure " Paulenty - conservative whos policies represent why we have an infarstructure problem in the USA

Mitt "the flipper" Romney - makes a perfect match for mcsame

Mike  "zealot" Huckabee  - appeals to the main GOP  bloc of voters

Obama

Tim Kaine -  VA  governor,  appleals to religious voters, strong leader,  young and  energetic,  reliable on  democratic  values

B arbara Boxer -  one of the toughest  senators after Clinton - strong on  military, environment,  reliable on democratic values

Al  Gore - statesman that can help with unity,  should be able to put his ego aside to position himself well on envionmental issue s  and can position for  another run at the  WH in 2016.

Gore would be ideal  as he and Obama share strong  ties  in policy.

Kaine is the more realistic choice

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paulofthedesert. Show Paulofthedesert's posts

[Quote]Why not Caroline Kennedy? A woman? Well respected.  Memb er of the Kennedy Family. A great Mother.  No great experience but she is a fast study.

TCaroline would be a great pick. Another name that brings change and competence to the democratic party. boy would Hilary be mad and what about bilso. Great idea. another great name would be Maria Shriver. she brings great public relations sens and also a good brain that is sometimes lacking in democrats.   Psaul of the Deserthe Governor of PA NEVER he is a racist.[/Quote]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from k1mgy. Show k1mgy's posts

In all seriousness, Mike Gravel.

We need someone nearby to remind Obama, "who are you going to nuke, Barak?"

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from k1mgy. Show k1mgy's posts

In all seriousness, Mike Gravel.

We need someone nearby to remind Obama, "who are you going to nuke, Barak?"

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PS911fan. Show PS911fan's posts

Hagel is someone I do like regarding the war but he is a classic conservative otherwise. He should be considered for the Defense Secretary and I would support that but VP...nope.

look at the Lincoln/Johnson ticket to show that this is not a good idea.

[Quote][/Quote]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PS911fan. Show PS911fan's posts

I forgot about Clark, I think he would make a good vp if we could vet his Clinton loyalities to make sure they are not more important than the country.

[Quote]Clark would be a strong pick and one that could help Hillary and her supporters really get behind Obama.[/Quote]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PS911fan. Show PS911fan's posts

Personally, I like edwards but he doesn't seem to bring his strength to bear unless he is taking the #1 slot.....i would consider him but I don't feel strong enough to put him on an obama short list.

Obama may,of course,  see him in a better light

[Quote]As 2 other people already said, why absolutely no talk of John Edwards? I think he would be a really strong running mate? Opinions?[/Quote]

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrsPeel. Show MrsPeel's posts

Why did BDC pick all white men but two? What about all the buzz for Govs Janet Napolitano and Kathleen Sibelius? Geez, I would have thought the Globe would be all over them!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmonmcd. Show dmonmcd's posts

I think two names that could be added are Senators Claire McCaskill and Debbie Stabenow. They are part of the NEW wave of Democrats and they are strong in helping fix this horrible economy and all it's repercussions! Hillary isn't the only strong woman that can win it for him plus she has Bill!

Sections
Shortcuts