Who should be the VP candidates?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadWolf7. Show BadWolf7's posts

[Quote]Why would you even think that Senator Obama has a chance of winning the election? He is consistantly Liberal in his policies and his actions. He has been rated one of the most Liberal Senators since he began his term.

Aside from citing the silly ranking by the National Journal, which every four years magically rates the Democratic nominee to be the most liberal in the history of whatever (it was, in fact, Kerry in 2004), can you identify what it is about Obama and his policies that are particularly left-wing compared with other mainstream Democrats?

Add to that other factors such as his total lack of experience

Obama's resume is similar to (and, in fact, a bit MORE impressive than) that of Abraham Lincoln's.  I take it you would have voted against Honest Abe?[/Quote]

Just because you don't like a source does not make it inaccurate. If you look at his voting record, which albeit is difficult because he tends to either miss votes or abstain often, you see a pattern of far left beliefs. These beliefs are not compatible with the majority of American views.

When he has voted (which again is slightly more than ½ the time) his votes tend to be against National Security, against securing our borders, for more government subsidies, for higher taxes. It is on THIS basis that he is shown to e a Liberal

As for the comparison to President Lincoln......

First, the world is not the same place it was 150 years ago. The qualifications we need in a President are not the same as they were then.

Second, The Lincoln Presidency resulted in the greatest war in the country’s history, 1/2 the country trying to secede, a long and deep economic downturn and produced problems that are still being dealt with today........ Is that what you want from Senator Obama.

Third, While Lincoln had less Political experience than Barak Obama he did have more real world experience in matters that count, including Military service.

Fourth, Lincoln was defined by his stand on difficult matters...his ability to take a position...his backbone. Barak Obama is no Abraham Lincoln

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PinkElephant. Show PinkElephant's posts

Fourth, Lincoln was defined by his stand on difficult matters...his ability to take a position...his backbone. Barak Obama is no Abraham Lincoln.

Amen to that!

I think that McCain is going to pick someone we don't expect. He's a craps player...he takes chances and he's not afraid of risk. I think the Romney speculation is meant to take us off guard, when we find out his actual choice. McCain can't afford to pick a VP that doesn't bring an element of surprise...and the media would just have way too much fun with his record.

Obama, on the other hand, can afford to make a boring choice. He's more cautious and calculating when it comes to his strategies. I don't think (and hope he doesn't) pick Hillary because she would steal the limelight. She's more experienced, she's smarter, and she has a plan. That would make Obama look like a tool.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadWolf7. Show BadWolf7's posts

[Quote]Fourth, Lincoln was defined by his stand on difficult matters...his ability to take a position...his backbone. Barak Obama is no Abraham Lincoln.

Amen to that!

I think that McCain is going to pick someone we don't expect. He's a craps player...he takes chances and he's not afraid of risk. I think the Romney speculation is meant to take us off guard, when we find out his actual choice. McCain can't afford to pick a VP that doesn't bring an element of surprise...and the media would just have way too much fun with his record.

Obama, on the other hand, can afford to make a boring choice. He's more cautious and calculating when it comes to his strategies. I don't think (and hope he doesn't) pick Hillary because she would steal the limelight. She's more experienced, she's smarter, and she has a plan. That would make Obama look like a tool.
    [/Quote]

The problem with surprises is that a surprise, just for the sake of a surprise, generally isn't the best choice.

I would like to see Romney as VP (He was my first choice for President as well). He is smart, experienced, capable of making tough decisions and has a track record of working within a hostile legislative body.

His strong economic experience will be a huge plus for the new Administration.

My biggest concern with him is that he tends to be too much of a gentleman. I am not sure he will perform well in the debates. Based on his performance in the primaries he tends to take the high road and thus shy away from the kill.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[Quote]
    I think McCain will be ill advised to choose Romney.  A huge fraction of the American electorate will not vote for Romney because of where he goes to church.  This then would undercut one of the strongest issues McCain has against Obama, i.e., where Obama went to church.[/Quote]

Here is an interesting poll on the issue of religious affiliation,etc.  Note where Mormons fall: one out of four will not support such a person and the percentage must be higher in the Republican base.  Also note the position of Atheists (less than 50%).

So much for the separation of church and state at least in the minds of voters.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

[Quote]Fourth, Lincoln was defined by his stand on difficult matters...his ability to take a position...his backbone. Barak Obama is no Abraham Lincoln.

Amen to that!

[/Quote]

I'm so tired of the silly Obama/Lincoln comparisons; they lived in the same state and the comparison stops there.  They are from different eras in history and they have completely different skill sets.  Lincoln had backbone to stand by a cause (much like McCain in the Iraq surge) and Obama is like a gumby toy doing back flips and reinventing his positions; Iraq, Patriot Act, etc....

I agree, McCain needs some pizzaz in his VP choice and that isn't Romney.   HRC doesn't want the VP spot as she is ready to run in 2012, note her committee reserved the HRC2012.com site last week.  The news leaked out much to the chagrin of the DNC.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PinkElephant. Show PinkElephant's posts

[Quote]The problem with surprises is that a surprise, just for the sake of a surprise, generally isn't the best choice.

I would like to see Romney as VP (He was my first choice for President as well). He is smart, experienced, capable of making tough decisions and has a track record of working within a hostile legislative body.

His strong economic experience will be a huge plus for the new Administration.

My biggest concern with him is that he tends to be too much of a gentleman. I am not sure he will perform well in the debates. Based on his performance in the primaries he tends to take the high road and thus shy away from the kill.[/Quote]

It won't be Romney. The McCain camp released a series of polling data to the press that showed Romney hurting McCain's bid for the Presidency in almost every category. Then yesterday, on his bus in NH, he told a group of about four reporters that Romney wasn't on his short list. The press are hoping and praying its Romney...that should be a big deterrent for McCain.

I'm betting my chips on Sarah Palin or Steve Forbes. McCain indicates that it will be the person we least suspect. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PS911fan. Show PS911fan's posts

http://community.adn.com/adn/node/127456

Scandal may shoot down Palin. She, like the rest of the Alaska federal legislature, seems to be in trouble. The republican congress in Alaska looks to investigate her for some issues.

Forbes would be an interesting choice, Romney would be my preference because its so easy to show him like McSame as a person who can't hold a view. Romney is also so weak as a pretend conservative it would be entertaining.

Jindal would be entertaining as well because of the exorcism stuff.

I don't really care who he picks but hopefully it will be some the opposition can pick apart. Its been pretty easy to pick apart McSame so i hope he will do what i hope.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadWolf7. Show BadWolf7's posts

[Quote]
    http://community.adn.com/adn/node/127456

Scandal may shoot down Palin. She, like the rest of the Alaska federal legislature, seems to be in trouble. The republican congress in Alaska looks to investigate her for some issues.

Forbes would be an interesting choice, Romney would be my preference because its so easy to show him like McSame as a person who can't hold a view. Romney is also so weak as a pretend conservative it would be entertaining.

Jindal would be entertaining as well because of the exorcism stuff.

I don't really care who he picks but hopefully it will be some the opposition can pick apart. Its been pretty easy to pick apart McSame so i hope he will do what i hope.
    [/Quote]

You seem to be intent on portraying Governor Romney as someone who lacks core principals or as someone who will not take a stand on issues. With that assumption in mind (please correct me if that is not the case) I have a few questions.

1. Can you provide a list of core issues that you feel are important to the Presidential race? Mine are: National Security, the Economy and Energy Independence. I will stipulate that these are all very closely related subjects, however they are nuanced.
    2. Can you provide examples where Senator Obama has directly dealt with these issues (yours and mine)?
    3. Can you provide examples where Senator McCain has made demonstrable changes to his positions in each of these areas?
    4. Can you provide examples where Governor Romney has made demonstrable changes to his positions in each of these areas?
    5. Do you feel Senator Obama has made demonstrable changes to his positions in each of these areas?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from clash. Show clash's posts

[Quote]
    your an absolute moron. take your head up out of the sand and move mccains mole out of your eyes sight

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimcondon. Show jimcondon's posts

Richardson, Rendell or Biden would all work well for Obama. Sam Nunn also. Sebelius and Bayh would be lousy choices. Kaine so-so. Other posters mentioned Edwards. That would be the worst possible choice. How can you vet someone who produced a love child while his wife was suffering from cancer? Kerry made a big mistake picking him in 2004. He got crushed by Cheney in the VP debate and more importantly, most people just don't like or trust him.