"Al Aqaeda is on the run and Osama Bin Laden is dead"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

"Al Aqaeda is on the run and Osama Bin Laden is dead"

The State Department has ordered the U.S. Embassy in Yemen evacuated as a result of the threat by Al Qaeda that has triggered temporary shutdowns of 19 American diplomatic posts across the Middle East and Africa.

In my life time, I cannot remember the US looking any weaker in the eyes of the world as they do today. "Al Qaeda is on the run, and Osama Bin Laden is dead" words from our President less than a year ago. We use to be the badest boys on the block, showing peace through strength, nobody wanted to mess the the USA. Now, even if the threats being picked up by intelligence go no further and let's hope, in their eyes they won. Forcing "the most powerful country in the world" to bend to their threats. They now know they can do this at any time, and then decide how far they want to take it. 

I would have loved to see how Reagan would have handled this, but it would not have gotten to this point had he been in charge. IMO.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Re:

But wait...I thought Obama declared AQ was on the run? I thought he declared AQ has been decimated? Yup he did say those things...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQjztrnJzCM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39_MDzf7zPM

So why the need to evacuate from an enemy that is decimated and on the run?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregoryFromMeffa. Show GregoryFromMeffa's posts

Re:

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

But wait...I thought Obama declared AQ was on the run? I thought he declared AQ has been decimated? Yup he did say those things...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQjztrnJzCM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39_MDzf7zPM

So why the need to evacuate from an enemy that is decimated and on the run?

Perhaps BECAUSE he said that?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

Re:

if we close our embassies until sunday why wouldn't they attack on monday???

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re:

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

In response to macnh1's comment:

[QUOTE]if we close our embassies until sunday why wouldn't they attack on monday???

That's the only real critique here.

Other people can fly into a frothy rage, mixed with bittersweet tears at a mythical American golden age that never was....

....apparently because they interpreted "on the run" to mean "completely extinct, never to rise again, no matter what".....

.....but they're being fools if they do so.

[/QUOTE]

Sigh.  I guess you are right. America is nothing special.  It took Obama to point that out to Us through example after example of what our foreign policy should be.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re:

In response to macnh1's comment:

if we close our embassies until sunday why wouldn't they attack on monday???

I guess the conclusion I draw dis that the chatter said something to the effect that if they can't get it done by Sunday, they'll just give up this attacking the great white devil thing altogether.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Re:

"Other people can fly into a frothy rage, mixed with bittersweet tears at a mythical American golden age that never was....

....apparently because they interpreted "on the run" to mean "completely extinct, never to rise again, no matter what".....

.....but they're being fools if they do so."

Decimated and on the run. Ya...it does tend to give impression that they've been defeated. Anyone who denies that is being disingenuous.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Re:

Count me as a skeptic but I find the timing of this report of the "most serious threat in years" a bit weird.

Seems to be perfect timing to release such a report around the time when people are justifiably up in arms about the sweeping abuses of surveillance and intelligence.  I don't put it past the military-industrial-data gathering parasites to put this fear out there......ala Gulf of Tonkin and Iraq WMD.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

Re:

Obama is to blame for not taking preventative measures before Benghazi + a conspiracy theory that he specifically ordered the CIA to let Americans die to protect a dirty secret.

Maybe he did maybe he didn't, let's say he didn't. But, I do blame him for flat out lying to you, me, and the rest of the world. Lying, our President standing there reading his teleprompter that he knows is nothing more than one big lie.