Bush Tax Cuts, now Obama Tax Cuts !

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Re: Bush Tax Cuts, now Obama Tax Cuts !

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I know you can't answer this question so I'll ask it and smirk as you dodge it:

A few decades ago, the ratio of CEO to worker pay was around 15:1. Today it is 475:1. If CEOs are worth today's pay ratio, then why aren't American companies 31.6 times more profitable in real dollar terms?

Do some serious thinking about that.

[/QUOTE]

Serious thinking, not juvenile class envy and hatred toward success?

That stat is meaningless. CEOs must make business 31 times more profitable? Because of what? 

Average CEO salary vs worker salary is apples and oranges. My guess also is that the statistic is skewed by including only "CEO"s from huge corporations....often different titles exist in smaller businesses. 

First of all, CEOs are relatively few in number , only 1 position exists for a business.  If they overpay a single CEO, it is a mistake , but not usually fatal for the business. If they overpay or underpay hundreds or thousands of staff, there are more serious consequences. Who is more lucky? A highly paid  but short tenured CEO working 18 hours a day under huge pressure , or a public sector 'worker'  who can never be fired, can retire early and get a fat lifetime pension worth millions, and can spend time berating those in the private sector who are actually accountable for results.  

Second, the tenure of a CEO is on average very very brief ... kind of like a pro athlete, but of course the liberal class warfare propaganda wont talk about pro athletes, that would ruin the jealously and hatred of businessman angle.  A CEO of a big corporation is paid quite well, and if they succeed, the money is well worth it.

Overpaid executives will not last long. The private sector requires concrete results, unlike the public sector. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to WhichOnesPink2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MattyScornD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

But then unlike some, my happiness is not measured by how much money I make or how many things I can buy.

[/QUOTE]

And yet you felt the need to let us all know about your merit increase : )

[/QUOTE]

Only by way of explaining why I'm not despairing over being taxed slightly more...

...merely because I earn more.

Simple, really.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to 12-Angry-Men's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

Second, the tenure of a CEO is on average very very brief ... kind of like a pro athlete, but of course the liberal class warfare propaganda wont talk about pro athletes, that would ruin the jealously and hatred of businessman angle.  A CEO of a big corporation is paid quite well, and if they succeed, the money is well worth it.

As usual the whacko wingnuts have it bass ackwards.

The pro-athlete or the rock star are NOT the CEO's, they are the ones actually producing the product that other people make money off of.

So basically your analogy directly contradicts the CEO argument.

No one complains about the athletes or the rockers because they are the UNIONIZED workers in the scenario from which all income is derived.

No athlete, no game. No musician, no music.

Nice try though. 

[/QUOTE]

That's true.

Chris Rock had a very funny bit about it, talking about how Shaq is "rich", but the guy who signs his checks is "wealthy".

We're not talking about "rich"; we're talking about "wealth".

Income inequality is one thing, because people will work for what ever they work for.

Wealth inequality, on the other hand, is a much bigger nut to crack...and is partly the cause for so much discord in this country.  It's not that poor people hate or are jealous of wealthy people.  (They LOVE rich people!)  They just want some chance to get their own bit of wealth, and when they're short-changed and gouged, sold defective goods, cheated out of retirement accounts, and otherwise deliberately disenfranchised, it's no surprise they get a little upset

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

But then unlike some, my happiness is not measured by how much money I make or how many things I can buy.

[/QUOTE]

And yet you felt the need to let us all know about your merit increase : )

[/QUOTE]

Only by way of explaining why I'm not despairing over being taxed slightly more...

...merely because I earn more.

Simple, really.

[/QUOTE]

No no no. You must have been saying what pinkie wants you have said and you must have said it for the reasons he claims you said it. Otherwise his gotcha won't work. And that would make him sad.

[/QUOTE]

Sad panda...?

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to 12-Angry-Men's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It wouldn't be a 12-Angry post if the goal post was't moved. Good job!

Ummm, hey spanky, they aren't my goalposts.

They are just another whacko wingnut contrivance created to give the wingnuts something to guttersnipe about.

Funny how when a wingnut just outright lies, other fvcking like minded morons are attracted to it like flies on shiite.

[/QUOTE]

You are one confused individual. Such a shame...you actually have potential. Anywho....

[/QUOTE]

Angryman has taught us new cusswords and insults, many which are quite amusing. At least he is, um,  passionate, and sure, he does have potential.... to go psychotic.

19. This post has been removed.