~ How to Think and Talk Constructively about 'RACE and RACISM' ~

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re: ~ How to Think and Talk Constructively about 'RACE and RACISM' ~

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

In response to skeeter20's comment:

[QUOTE]Can't have a discussion on race

Say the guy (and those of similar political persuasion) who screams "race card" as he's running away from every and any attempt to discuss race (unless it's a discussion about how illegal immigrants are evil)?

Some people do their best to shut down every discussion of race with reference to "race card." Mentioning those two words is the "i'm on base" card for persons of questionable biases.

[/QUOTE]

Really?  Are you really going to use the words "illegal immigrant" in oyur post.

THAT'S RACIST!

See how this works?

Stupid progressives can't don't even see the irony in their own posts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

But, you race-baiters don't want to cede the point to civility.  All emotion with you guys, all stirringthe pot.  Can't have a discussion on race until you have slandered those you are discussing it with by out of the gates accusing them of being racists.

Right.  Like you, they might just be uncivil from the get-go...

...and stupid.

uncivil? right.  I guess you see everything that isn't straight from Rules for Radicals as uncivil.

Seems this discussion on the rules of haviing a civil discussion has made the progressives, well, uncivil, attacking me on all fronts because I object to their first rule, whihc is black people can call white people racists, and the white people should just shut up and take it.

Now, that's by definition, uncivil.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

You should really get out more.

You should pay attention and dont believe everything you see on the internet.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

The intolerance for other opinions within these posts shows that both sides are at least partially bigotted!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

But, you race-baiters don't want to cede the point to civility.  All emotion with you guys, all stirringthe pot.  Can't have a discussion on race until you have slandered those you are discussing it with by out of the gates accusing them of being racists.

Right.  Like you, they might just be uncivil from the get-go...

...and stupid.

uncivil? right.  I guess you see everything that isn't straight from Rules for Radicals as uncivil.

Seems this discussion on the rules of haviing a civil discussion has made the progressives, well, uncivil, attacking me on all fronts because I object to their first rule, whihc is black people can call white people racists, and the white people should just shut up and take it.

Now, that's by definition, uncivil.

The first rule was practically written for thou "who protesteth too much".

Your "objection" (as it were) is not only irrelevant...it's misplaced.

That you don't understand it means we have a lot of work to do in this area to set you right.  

The first step is always admitting you have a problem....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

That you don't understand it means we have a lot of work to do in this area to set you right.  

Those on these boards who think their opinions are far superior and that in having those opinions it somehow makes those with differing opinions less intelligent or only worthy of snide often contemptible remarks are showing a form of bigotry.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

[QUOTE]

Those on these boards who think their opinions are far superior and that in having those opinions it somehow makes those with differing opinions less intelligent or only worthy of snide often contemptible remarks are showing a form of bigotry.

[/QUOTE]

My opinions aren't superior; they're just (usually) better researched and (sometimes) more thoughtfully written.

I have no problem with stupid people per se...only stupid people who refuse make an effort to learn how not to be stupid.

[For instance, your comment about "political bigotry" shows you either don't know what bigotry is, OR you're narcissistic, OR that you don't know there are far more prevalent forms out there, including that in the OP as well as classist, social, sexist, economic, religious, etc.]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

My opinions aren't superior; they're just (usually) better researched and (sometimes) more thoughtfully written.

I have no problem with stupid people per se...only stupid people who refuse make an effort to learn how not to be stupid.

[For instance, your comment about "political bigotry" shows you either don't know what bigotry is, OR you're narcissistic, OR that you don't know there are far more prevalent forms out there, including that in the OP as well as classist, social, sexist, economic, religious, etc.] 

lol oh ok.

So, if, people would just think and act more like you then it would be ok.

WOW

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]

lol oh ok.

So, if, people would just think and act more like you then it would be ok.

WOW

[/QUOTE]

No, I didn't say that.  You did.

Pay attention, think while you read, and then respond.  You can do it if you try....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Ok lol

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

[QUOTE]  Are you really going to use the words "illegal immigrant" in oyur post. THAT'S RACIST!

I'm sure you can quote someone here saying that the term "illegal immigrant" is racist.

What's that? You can't? Just running your mouth again?

[/QUOTE]

I know it is early, but crack another beer...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Your opinions are elitist bread cast upon the masses, the great unwashed.

Hitting more than one progressive smear site I guess does make your opinion better researched, but it is still wrong.

Sections
Shortcuts