Just for the RECORD, "BIG O" & DEM's shut down our Government.........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Re: Just for the RECORD,

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

Well of course. The House Republicans sent over a spending bill that would have funded the government. The Harry Reid and President Obama refused to even look at it.

Nice bald-faced lie. I'd thought you were better than that.

What part of what I said was not true?

All of it. It was false by way of omission and you know it perfectly well.

They didn't just "fund government"

Play stupid if you must.......

F'ing shameful, but whatever. It's on your honor, not mine.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

It most certainly did "fund government," it just didn't fund Obamacare. If it had gone through the government would be moving along just like it was yesterday and Obamacare negotiations would be ongoing.

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

It most certainly did "fund government," it just didn't fund Obamacare.

In other words, they issued demands for funding government.

"Negotiation" my __. The GOP is holding America hostage unless the Dems undo their own legislation before it goes into effect. You know it, I know it, and everyone know it.

Anyone pretending that this is about the big mean dems refusing to "negotiation" is a liar and just lost all credibility.

Like I said, your honor...not mine.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to NowWhatDoYouWant's comment:

"Negotiation" my __. The GOP is holding America hostage unless the Dems undo their own legislation before it goes into effect. You know it, I know it, and everyone know it.

[QUOTE]

It's easy to be a cowarded and just call people liars I guess huh? lol

you said "The GOP is holding America hostage unless the Dems undo their own legislation before it goes into effect"

How is putting themselves back under the legislation istead of opting themselves out "undoing" the legislation?

How is delaying a tax on medical devices "undoing it"?

be honest!

The dems could have easily said "we will put ourselves back under the plan and delay the tax for a year" That or even one of them would have been a sign of compromise but, no they say f-u and the american people we dont want to be in it but, you sure will be and we'll keep the taxes that hurt small business it too!!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

I knew you couldn't answer and would just keep cheering on the people who are happy to hurt America to get their demands met.

I hope Obama does use the trillion coin solution in a couple weeks. It is absolutely unacceptable for a party to attempt to get their end with these means.

I knew you would not answer the question about dems refusal to negotiate as well.

Its absolutely unacceptable for a majority party to just ride roughshod and refuse to negotiate with the minority party! It's not leadership or fair to the country!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to DamainAllen's comment:

In response to Hansoribrother's comment:

ACA is not a settled debate.

Much of the country opposes it.

It was passed without a single Republican vote with Democrats skirting the rules to get it passed.

Really, the President should just go with the Republican bill because much of it has already been delayed and that which hasn't doesn't work anyway.

It is settled.  It was passed legally, upheld by the Surpreme Court, and when the next election came around the guy running to repeal it lost.  

As for most of the country opposing ACA, 40% of the country doesn't even know that it is a law!  Most when questioned are led with questions about "Obamacare" and respond based on partisan conditioning, but when asked about the provisions of the bill large majorities favor the law.  So the idea that people oppose the law is largely a reflection of the distortion and misinformation that has been floating around for 4 years.  Interested parties have spent a lot of money to convince people that they don't like "Obamacare" while those same people like the provisions and coverage it provides.  Its nonsensical.  But despite that, the law is settled.  

If it is settled, then by what law did Obama delay the employer mandate by one year?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

Obama is asking himself..."What would Vladir Putin do????"  Instead of demanding all parties go to the White House to solve this problem I'm guessing a speech is coming soon....leadership at it's best!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

In response to tvoter's comment:

It's easy to coward and just call people liars huh? lol

you said "The GOP is holding America hostage unless the Dems undo their own legislation before it goes into effect"

How is putting themselvex back under the legislation istead of opting themselves out "undoing" the legislation?

be honest!

The dems could have easily said "we will put ourselves back under the plan and delay the tax for a year" That or even one of them would have been a sign of compromise but, no they say f-u and the american people we dont want to be in it but, you sure will be!!

Why don't the wingnuts allow a vote on the Senate bill?

Be honest.

OK, let's be honest.  I'll work with you.

So, the House didn't take up the Senates clean bill, fair enough.

Why didn't the Senate pass the bill that would have funded everything but Obamacare and then go submit a bill to fund Obamacare?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

I'll place the responsibility on ALL 535 members of Congress.

No single one of them is immune from reproach or has clean hands in this.

That said, there ARE certain congress critters actively working to discredit and sabotage government - and by extension themselves - by any means possible.  This is unarguable and only serves to drive the body's credibility lower.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

He got his plan in place ....... The "TRANSFORMATION OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA"  !!

Ha ha ha.... you are a funny guy.

So whyat you are really saying is that House Republicans put a gun to our heads and said we must agree to their demands (instead of voting blackmail seems to be the resort of these boneheads). 

Well, we all agree that extortion is not a valid replacement for voting.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

That said, there ARE certain congress critters actively working to discredit and sabotage government - and by extension themselves - by any means possible.  This is unarguable and only serves to drive the body's credibility lower.

The Senate has no repsonsibility here?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

He got his plan in place ....... The "TRANSFORMATION OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA"  !!

Ha ha ha.... you are a funny guy.

So whyat you are really saying is that House Republicans put a gun to our heads and said we must agree to their demands (instead of voting blackmail seems to be the resort of these boneheads). 

Well, we all agree that extortion is not a valid replacement for voting.

You really sound like the moderate you claim to be.  (eyeroll)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

I respectfully disagree.  This is John Boehner's government shutdown.  He is the only member of Congress who had the power to stop this.

When confronted with a choice of saving his high ranking position, or keeping government open by putting a clean bill to a vote, he chose the former.

Today is actually a day he should be crying.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to UserName9's comment:

I respectfully disagree.  This is John Boehner's government shutdown.  He is the only member of Congress who had the power to stop this.

When confronted with a choice of saving his high ranking position, or keeping government open by putting a clean bill to a vote, he chose the former.

Harry Reid could stop it.

I've never heard this term "clean bill" bandied about so much.  this is part of Obama's talking points for sure.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

[QUOTE]

It's easy to be a cowarded and just call people liars I guess huh? lol

How is putting themselves back under the legislation istead of opting themselves out "undoing" the legislation?

be honest!

The dems could have easily said "we will put ourselves back under the plan and delay the tax for a year" That or even one of them would have been a sign of compromise but, no they say f-u and the american people we dont want to be in it but, you sure will be and we'll keep the taxes that hurt small business it too!!

Regardless of whether one likes or does not like RomneyCare the issue here is one we really should all agree on: that making political demands by threatening actions that hurt the country is not the system of government described in the COnstitution. Blackmail is not a valid repolacement to democracy.

If you do not ike the laws of the land vote ENOUGH people into office to change things. If you remain in a minority to the extent you cannot win the votes in Congress then you are in the minority. You should keep trying if you feel it is important. But our Constitution lays out how lawas are made and laws are changed. If you do not like democracy you are free to leave this country and find another place to live. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

Harry Reid could stop it.

I've never heard this term "clean bill" bandied about so much.  this is part of Obama's talking points for sure.

I suppose this would also be your strategy when dealing with other terrorists too. If they threaten us just give in to their demands and hope that they do not have even more in a few weeks.

You really are a funny guy!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

That's ridiculous.

The HoR voted on an appropriations bill.

They sent it to the Senate where, under the Constitution, they have the right to modify it.

They gave every senator a vote and the ACA amendment was defeated.

They sent that same bill back to the HoR.

The HoR refuses to hold a vote.

And the HoR has the right to not vote on the changed bill

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

That pre-supposes the SOTH has any semblance of control over his majority caucus.

Clearly, he has none.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

That's ridiculous.

The HoR voted on an appropriations bill.

They sent it to the Senate where, under the Constitution, they have the right to modify it.

They gave every senator a vote and the ACA amendment was defeated.

They sent that same bill back to the HoR.

The HoR refuses to hold a vote.

And the HoR has the right to not vote on the changed bill

Not sure about that.

They should at least put it up for a vote.

If it fails again, then back to the Senate it goes.

Sections
Shortcuts