10 Years Ago Today

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

10 Years Ago Today

A few excerpts from W's 5/1/03 victory speech:

"Admiral Kelly, Captain Card, officers and sailors of the USS Abraham Lincoln, my fellow Americans: Major combat operations in Iraq have ended."

"The Battle of Iraq is one victory in a war on terror that began on September the 11th, 2001"

"In these 19 months that changed the world, our actions have been focused, and deliberate, and proportionate to the offense. We have not forgotten the victims of September the 11th — the last phone calls, the cold murder of children, the searches in the rubble. With those attacks, the terrorists and their supporters declared war on the United States. And war is what they got."

"We have begun the search for hidden chemical and biological weapons, and already know of hundreds of sites that will be investigated"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Re: 10 Years Ago Today

Hell lets go back to "Let me be clear, I did not have sexual relations with that woman"

"That woman" was a teenage intern and her life was basically ruined to cover up for the OLD guy!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

Ya fair comparison.

And she wasn't a 'teenage intern' she was 22 yrs old and of the age of consent.

[QUOTE]

She was 19 when the sexual assault began!

She also never shot at US planes, hit Israel with missles or threaten the USA either!

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

Ya fair comparison. 

And she wasn't a 'teenage intern' she was 22 yrs old and of the age of consent. 

She was 19 at the time of the sexual assault! 

Simple math:

Monica Samille Lewinsky (born July 23, 1973)

The Lewinsky scandal was a political sex scandal emerging in 1998, from a sexual relationship between United States President Bill Clinton and a 22-year-old White House intern, Monica Lewinsky.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewinsky_scandal

I stand corrected thank you!

She was an old woman of 21!

Monica Lewinsky was 21 years old. Bill Clinton's age was 49 years old when the affair began.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_age_was_Monica_Lewinsky_during_the_affair_with_President_Bill_Clinton

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Hell lets go back to "Let me be clear, I did not have sexual relations with that woman"

"That woman" was a teenage intern and her life was basically ruined to cover up for the OLD guy!

" Make Love, not War" !

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

btw tvoter how many lives did dubya ruin ....... almost 4500 kia and over 30,000 wia in Iraq and all their loves one who are left to pick up the pieces .. now we are talking over 100,000 lives ruined not counting the casualties on the Iraq side.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

Hell lets go back to "Let me be clear, I did not have sexual relations with that woman

I wasn't aware that the Beej killed over 100,000 human beings and cost $2,000,000,000,000+

Glad to see you have a solid sense of perspective. 

Bush made mistakes with the overwhelming support the country and congress until things got hard.

Clinton took advantage of at least one young woman; disgraced the office, and lied about it under oath.

Glad you have perspective!

How many lives were ruined in Bosnia?

How many died in Riwanda under Clinton's watch?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

T-tard, in case you run out, here's more for you to throw at libruls:

lol, the truth is only important to you if, it coincides with your politics.

pathetic!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Hell lets go back to "Let me be clear, I did not have sexual relations with that woman

I wasn't aware that the Beej killed over 100,000 human beings and cost $2,000,000,000,000+

Glad to see you have a solid sense of perspective. 

Bush made mistakes with the overwhelming support the country and congress until things got hard.

Clinton took advantage of at least one young woman; disgraced the office, and lied about it under oath.

Glad you have perspective!

How many lives were ruined in Bosnia?

How many died in Riwanda under Clinton's watch?

Bosnia was not a military action by the US it was UN peacekeepers trying to defuse a war that was turning into a genocide.

No one in Riwanda died becuase of the actions of the United States Military. These are no way comparable to the Irag war, but keep grasping at straws instead of admiting your full of it.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

"In these 19 months that changed the world, our actions have been focused, and deliberate, and proportionate to the offense. We have not forgotten the victims of September the 11th — the last phone calls, the cold murder of children, the searches in the rubble. With those attacks, the terrorists and their supporters declared war on the United States. And war is what they got."

It was a good speech UserName99. Thanks for posting that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

To be honest not a good comparison. Look, clearly username is someone who hates Bush and will find any reason to bring things up about him. Next will be how he "stole" the election, or that we went to Iraq for oil, etc. Just ignore him. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

I am so sick and tired of the left going back to the Bush years time and time again to cover up the disaster that is Obama, who, BTW, seems to be following Bush policies quite well.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

"....before I ignored that war, invaded Iraq, botched it at every conceivable strategic point, and thereby created a new playground for them to thrive."

That was a long time ago. What difference, at this point, does it make?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

97% of all Americans deaths in Iraq happened after the 'mission accomplished' speech which is why goper political partisans liked the speech so much... they didn't have to think of the 3800 MORE American lives lost in Iraq because their court jester told them everything was just fine.... now go shopping dang it, these American deaths are nothing to be concerned about.

So if I ever go shopping does that mean I'm not concerned about American deaths? Just checking

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

I am so sick and tired of the left going back to the Bush years time and time again to cover up the disaster that is Obama, who, BTW, seems to be following Bush policies quite well.

Sorry you don't like to be reminded of one of the biggest blunders in US Presidential history.

Rather than forgetting, I think we should build a long-lasting memorial in Washington dedicated to neocon stupidity, arrogance and megalomania where millions of American school children can learn about how a band of chicken hawk neocons sent thousands to their deaths, left many more permanently wounded, and wasted trillions.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to UserName99's comment:

Sorry you don't like to be reminded of one of the biggest blunders in US Presidential history.

Rather than forgetting, I think we should build a long-lasting memorial in Washington dedicated to neocon stupidity, arrogance and megalomania where millions of American school children can learn about how a band of chicken hawk neocons sent thousands to their deaths, left many more permanently wounded, and wasted trillions.

Correction. 

millions of American school children can learn about how a band of chicken hawk Republican and Democrat senators and congressmen sent thousands to their deaths, left many more permanently wounded, and wasted trillions.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

That was a long time ago. What difference, at this point, does it make?

Do you all have split personalities?

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

It was a good speech UserName99. Thanks for posting that.

Nevermind that it's a good idea to keep W's colossal blunders in mind. Maybe we won't be so quick to entangle ourselves in another nightmare (See: Syria).

Why are the righties so dedicated to trying to get people forget about Iraq?

Given US history I wouldn't count on Iraq being a lesson about not being so quick to entangle ourselves in another nightmare. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to UserName99's comment:

No, it's not that.  That I can take.  What I can't take anymore is sanctimonious progressives like you that seem to take every opportunity to open a vein of hate, usually staking out their position around some blunder done by Bush, and thinking they are showing wit, or some keen undertanding.  It is just like what the progressives did with Nixon in your youth.

It is just old, and inmature.  Why don't you talk about something relevant, like, who in the Obama administration pushed the video as the reason behind the Bengazi attack?  or, why won't Obama let the Bengazi survivors tell their story?  Or, why hasn't Obama caught the person responsible, yet CNN managed to do an interview with this person in a hotel lobby?

You see, when you stick to a relevant subject of the present, it is more interesting.