100 million plus now on welfare

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

100 million plus now on welfare

Excluding social security and medicare eek

http://www.weeklystandard.com/...are_649589.html 

This is a huge problem IMO.  FTR, I'm not just blaming Obama here.  Food stamp recipients went from 17 million to 31.9 million under W's reign of terror.  Obama has achieved the same level of success as Bush in only 4 years though.  Of course it isn't fair to only blame POTUS, because the democrat and repub crooks in the legislature have a lot to do with this issue as well.  

More than 61 million receive social security and more than 51.7 million on medicare.  There is likely some overlap in the numbers, but it looks like it's fairly safe to say that 1/3 of the people in the US are on the gov't dole, if not more.  

Here is another interesting factoid.  Medicare faces unfunded liabilities of $38.6 Trillion over the next 75 years, which calculates out to over $328K per US household.  Send baby, spend.  

http://cnsnews.com/news/articl...ch-us-household 

http://www.infowars.com/more-t...are-on-welfare/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

Re: 100 million plus now on welfare

In Response to Re: 100 million plus now on welfare:
    [QUOTE]I think it should be fairly obvious that a rather large portion of the expansion of Obama is due to the fact that when the economy explodes and people lose their jobs for no fault through their own, they end up receiving help if they cannot get a job in time.
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE]

It's George W. Bush's fault!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In Response to Re: 100 million plus now on welfare:
    [QUOTE]I think it should be fairly obvious that a rather large portion of the expansion of Obama is due to the fact that when the economy explodes and people lose their jobs for no fault through their own, they end up receiving help if they cannot get a job in time.
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE]

I agree. Leaving out a little thing like a recession is rather disengenous.

Now..if those "Job creators" would just use those Bush tax cuts to actually create jobs, then maybe those numbers will improve.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Baldie, i'm curious. Do you truly not see that the 100 million figure is bogus? 100 million certainly sounds huge and gets the emotions going, but it's not true. In the article it states 54 million are on medicaid and 45 million are on food stamps, bringing the total to roughly 100 million. But I would say that a large percentage of the 45 million on food stamps are also on medicaid. The article also stated that those people were on welfare at some time during 2011. Most people go on and off welfare in less than a year. So the number of people on welfare at any given time is lower. Common sense would tell you that one-third of the nations population is not on welfare. Chronic welfare is a problem that need to be dealt with. But I'm not sure it helps to artificially inflate the number..