$10.10

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

$10.10

Obama's $10.10 Minimum Wage Would Fundamentally Change America

It's official, people: the President supports increasing the federal minimum wage to $10.10 per hour from its current $7.25. Such a move would drastically alter the lives of the country's working poor.

On Thursday, President Barack Obama announced his support for legislation introduced by two Democratic senators that, if passed, would mark the first significant increase to the federal minimum wage in more than four years. Obama's statements showed that he's ready to go farther than his February proposal to push the minimum wage to $9, which many criticized as not a significant enough boost.

A leap to $10.10, however, could be enough to push a large number of the working poor -- a group defined by the Bureau of Labor Statistics as those who fall below the poverty line despite working (or searching for work) at least 27 weeks per year -- out of poverty.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/08/minimum-wage-obama-study_n_4240478.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re: $10.10

In response to UserName9's comment:

Obama's $10.10 Minimum Wage Would Fundamentally Change America

It's official, people: the President supports increasing the federal minimum wage to $10.10 per hour from its current $7.25. Such a move would drastically alter the lives of the country's working poor.

On Thursday, President Barack Obama announced his support for legislation introduced by two Democratic senators that, if passed, would mark the first significant increase to the federal minimum wage in more than four years. Obama's statements showed that he's ready to go farther than his February proposal to push the minimum wage to $9, which many criticized as not a significant enough boost.

A leap to $10.10, however, could be enough to push a large number of the working poor -- a group defined by the Bureau of Labor Statistics as those who fall below the poverty line despite working (or searching for work) at least 27 weeks per year -- out of poverty.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/08/minimum-wage-obama-study_n_4240478.html

Let's get back to Obamacare.  this minimum wage stuff is unsupportable nonsense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

Hourly Min. Wage in US $:

Australia $15.75
    Luxembourg $14.21
    France $12.55
    Ireland $12.03
    Belgium $11.92
    Netherlands $11.38
    New Zealand $10.22
    Canada $9.76
    United King. $9.57
    Japan $9.16
    United States $7.25

American Exceptionalism on display. USA! USA!

In addition to helping millions of working class families who are struggling to get by, raising the minimum wage would provide another economic benefit - helping to stimulate the economy.  Our economy continues to lag for a simple reason - a lack of demand.  The best way to spike demand is to put more money in people's pocket, who will spend it immediately.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Australia $15.75
    Luxembourg $14.21
    France $12.55
    Ireland $12.03
    Belgium $11.92
    Netherlands $11.38
    New Zealand $10.22
    Canada $9.76
    United King. $9.57
    Japan $9.16
    United States $7.25

In addition to helping millions of working class families who are struggling to get by, raising the minimum wage would provide another economic benefit - helping to stimulate the economy.  Our economy continues to lag for a simple reason - a lack of demand.  The best way to spike demand is to put more money in people's pocket, who will spend it immediately.

The best way to spike demand is to put more money in people's pocket, who will spend it immediately.

So you're against raising taxes? Keeping taxes as low as possible?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

Australia $15.75
    Luxembourg $14.21
    France $12.55
    Ireland $12.03
    Belgium $11.92
    Netherlands $11.38
    New Zealand $10.22
    Canada $9.76
    United King. $9.57
    Japan $9.16
    United States $7.25

The best way to spike demand is to put more money in people's pocket, who will spend it immediately.

I am against raising taxes on low and middle wage earners. That covers most of us.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Australia $15.75
    Luxembourg $14.21
    France $12.55
    Ireland $12.03
    Belgium $11.92
    Netherlands $11.38
    New Zealand $10.22
    Canada $9.76
    United King. $9.57
    Japan $9.16
    United States $7.25

I am against raising taxes on low and middle wage earners. That covers most of us.

Why do you hate rich people?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

Australia $15.75
    Luxembourg $14.21
    France $12.55
    Ireland $12.03
    Belgium $11.92
    Netherlands $11.38
    New Zealand $10.22
    Canada $9.76
    United King. $9.57
    Japan $9.16
    United States $7.25

I don't.  Raising their tax rate by a few centimeters isn't hate.  They'll be just fine, as they have been for decades.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Australia $15.75
    Luxembourg $14.21
    France $12.55
    Ireland $12.03
    Belgium $11.92
    Netherlands $11.38
    New Zealand $10.22
    Canada $9.76
    United King. $9.57
    Japan $9.16
    United States $7.25

I don't.  Raising their tax rate by a few centimeters isn't hate.  They'll be just fine, as they have been for decades.

I think everyone deserves to have as low a tax as possible...EVERYONE. But that's just me. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

In response to chiefhowie's comment:

Even Huffing-them say 0ne in four for make less than $10. Which I doubt.

How many work at MDs and such.

The minium wage goes up ,you and I have to spend more.

I have been tracking price increase for 2 years. up 23% on my purchaces. except gas.

Business have been hedging thier bets angainst Owe bambie.

I have three GKids working part time , they all make more than 8$ hr . Down south !

If you have 3 Gkids making around $8/hr, why would you doubt that 1 in 4 makes less than $10/hr ?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

Australia $15.75
    Luxembourg $14.21
    France $12.55
    Ireland $12.03
    Belgium $11.92
    Netherlands $11.38
    New Zealand $10.22
    Canada $9.76
    United King. $9.57
    Japan $9.16
    United States $7.25

I think everyone deserves to have as low a tax as possible...EVERYONE. But that's just me. 

Tax rates for just about everyone are at historic lows. 

Remaining a first world country costs money.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Australia $15.75
    Luxembourg $14.21
    France $12.55
    Ireland $12.03
    Belgium $11.92
    Netherlands $11.38
    New Zealand $10.22
    Canada $9.76
    United King. $9.57
    Japan $9.16
    United States $7.25

Which is odd since you guys complained about the low taxes when Bush was in office and now not a peep.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

The minimum wage should be pegged to inflation.

Adjusted for inflation, the minimum wage should be about $10.50-$11 per hour.

But when we have some states banning paid-sick day mandates at the local level, it's clear that many lawmakers just don't give a fig about lower-end workers.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

Australia $15.75
    Luxembourg $14.21
    France $12.55
    Ireland $12.03
    Belgium $11.92
    Netherlands $11.38
    New Zealand $10.22
    Canada $9.76
    United King. $9.57
    Japan $9.16
    United States $7.25

Which is odd since you guys complained about the low taxes when Bush was in office and now not a peep.

His tax cuts were grossly imbalanced.  It gave cake to the weatlhy, and crumbs to everyone else.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Australia $15.75
    Luxembourg $14.21
    France $12.55
    Ireland $12.03
    Belgium $11.92
    Netherlands $11.38
    New Zealand $10.22
    Canada $9.76
    United King. $9.57
    Japan $9.16
    United States $7.25

His tax cuts were grossly imbalanced.  It gave cake to the weatlhy, and crumbs to everyone else.

When you make crumbs your tax cut will be crumbs. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

Australia $15.75
    Luxembourg $14.21
    France $12.55
    Ireland $12.03
    Belgium $11.92
    Netherlands $11.38
    New Zealand $10.22
    Canada $9.76
    United King. $9.57
    Japan $9.16
    United States $7.25

What I mean is:  The middle class tax rate dropped from 28% to 25%, while the upper tax rate dropped from 39% to 33%. Also, the capital gains rate went from 25% to 15%.

See the imbalance?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Australia $15.75
    Luxembourg $14.21
    France $12.55
    Ireland $12.03
    Belgium $11.92
    Netherlands $11.38
    New Zealand $10.22
    Canada $9.76
    United King. $9.57
    Japan $9.16
    United States $7.25

What I mean is:  The middle class tax rate dropped from 28% to 25%, while the upper tax rate dropped from 39% to 33%. Also, the capital gains rate went from 25% to 15%.

See the imbalance?

Middle class makes up a bigger portion. You drop them the same and we'd be in an even bigger hole. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

Australia $15.75
    Luxembourg $14.21
    France $12.55
    Ireland $12.03
    Belgium $11.92
    Netherlands $11.38
    New Zealand $10.22
    Canada $9.76
    United King. $9.57
    Japan $9.16
    United States $7.25

See the imbalance?

Middle class makes up a bigger portion. You drop them the same and we'd be in an even bigger hole. 

I don't doubt it. 

But if the 39 rate went to just 36, we'd be in less of a hole.

Hertiage claimed the tax cut package would eliminate the national debt by 2010.  Has a bigger lie ever been told?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from doozy-day. Show doozy-day's posts

small business math lesson m'kay?

- small business cleans houses 10 per day/50 per wk, $110 per house = $286,000 gross (+)

- small business (10) employees x $8 /hr x 40 hr/wk x 52 weeks = $166,400 payroll (-)

- Owner salary                                                                          = $40,000 annually (-)

- taxes, unemployment insurance, vehicle ins. libaility ins. van cost, equipment, supplies, repairs to equipment, RMv fees, misc costs                                                               = $37,500 (-)

Gross profit before corporate taxes =                                              = $42,100 (+)

$2 per hour raise for every employee 10 x $2/hr x 40 hr/wk x 52 wks = $41,600 (-)

Gross profit after increase in the minimum wage                                = $500

****don't forget, this company falls under the threshold for supplying health insurance for it's employees

Sounds like a winner for the small business community!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

If you want to be the best, then it costs money.

You can't have the best infrastructure or schools or military or anything else without paying for it. It's called investment.

The wingnuts have the opposite approach.

They think that infrastructure and schools just magically appear from some fairyland.

-------------------------------

Um....tax rates for just about everyone are at historic lows. And if I have my information correct it's because of Obama. Isn't he a Dem? Soooo, guess the above rant currently holds no water. 

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from doozy-day. Show doozy-day's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

In response to doozy-day's comment:

small business math lesson m'kay?

- small business cleans houses 10 per day/50 per wk, $110 per house = $286,000 gross (+)

- small business (10) employees x $8 /hr x 40 hr/wk x 52 weeks = $166,400 payroll (-)

- Owner salary                                                                          = $40,000 annually (-)

- taxes, unemployment insurance, vehicle ins. libaility ins. van cost, equipment, supplies, repairs to equipment, RMv fees, misc costs                                                               = $37,500 (-)

Gross profit before corporate taxes =                                              = $42,100 (+)

$2 per hour raise for every employee 10 x $2/hr x 40 hr/wk x 52 wks = $41,600 (-)

Gross profit after increase in the minimum wage                                = $500

****don't forget, this company falls under the threshold for supplying health insurance for it's employees

Sounds like a winner for the small business community!

A 5% increase in charge per house to $115 = $14,300 in added profit
    A 10% increase in the charge per house to $120 = $28,600 in added profit

The fact that every competitor operates under the same minimum wage rules = Priceless.

Can't increase pricies, houses (clients) will go to the next cleaning company with lower rates, it's the same with all of you liberals, just charge more, totally simple.  No competition right?  just like raising taxes?

Sections
Shortcuts