15 is too young and dems will suffer if, they go along with Obama IMHO.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

15 is too young and dems will suffer if, they go along with Obama IMHO.

15 year olds should NOT be allowed to buy medication that can have these side effects!!

Many women have taken emergency contraception without serious complications. But it's a good idea to ask your doctor about possible interactions with other medications.

Plan B or Plan B One-Step is considered safe for most women. You should not take it if you are pregnant; at this time, there is limited data on the safety of taking Plan B or Plan B One-Step while pregnant.

Potential side effects of Plan B or Plan B One-Step include:

• nausea
    • abdominal pain
    • fatigue
    • headache
    • menstrual changes
    • dizziness
    • breast tenderness
    • vomiting
    • diarrhea

Plan B or Plan B One-Step causes less nausea and vomiting than ECPs that contain both estrogen and progestin. And, you may be able to reduce any nausea or vomiting by taking the pill on a full stomach. Eating small, frequent meals over 24 hours may also help.

With Plan B or Plan B One-Step, you may also have some unexpected bleeding. It should go away by the time of your next period. However, it is possible that Plan B or Plan B One-Step may cause your next period to be heavier or lighter than usual. It may also come earlier or later than is normal for you. If you don't get your period within three weeks, get a pregnancy test to make sure you're not pregnant.

The POTUS thinks it's ok to let children make these decisions!

MEXICO CITY (AP) -- President Barack Obama said Thursday he was comfortable with his administration's decision to allow over-the-counter purchases of a morning-after pill for anyone 15 and older.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_MED_MORNING_AFTER_PILL?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-05-02-18-47-26

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re: 15 is too young and dems will suffer if, they go along with Obama IMHO.

Well, I think most progressives that post here are mad and upset that parents have any say at all in raising their children.  Best left to the schools and advocacy groups.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

I can also see it alluring more unprotected sex since all thats needed now is a pill afterwards to prevent pregnancy.

Its shameful and irresponsible!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Everybody who asked their parents for permission to have sex raise your hand.  I know I didn't.

If we want to minimize unwanted pregnancy, we need to educate young people way before you think they should be educated, and put the safe contraception on the shelves and let them use it when they need it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to UserName99's comment:

Everybody who asked their parents for permission to have sex raise your hand.  I know I didn't.

If we want to minimize unwanted pregnancy, we need to educate young people way before you think they should be educated, and put the safe contraception on the shelves and let them use it when they need it.

Contraceptive = capable of preventing conception

This is after presumed or potential conception!

That is hugely different from the govt allowing children to buy drugs that have a recommendation to talk with your doctor first and side effects without parental consent.

But, I expect the far left to defend as is the norm.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

That is hugely different from the govt allowing children to buy drugs that have a recommendation to talk with your doctor first and side effects without parental consent.

Whatever....whether you like it or not, teenagers are having sex and plan b is a contraceptive.  Access to it will prevent unwanted pregnancies and abortions.  Its just a fact.  Your abstinance nonsense leads to the opposite....more unwanted pregnancies and more abortions.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Whatever....whether you like it or not, teenagers are having sex and plan b is a contraceptive.  Access to it will prevent unwanted pregnancies and abortions.  Its just a fact.  Your abstinance nonsense leads to the opposite....more unwanted pregnancies and more abortions.

How difficult is it to use condomns? Christ, if I was a female I'd be on the pill, make the guy use a condomn (not just for pregnancy reasons) AND have him pull out when he orgasmed. Sorry, but if I'm the one who has potential to go through an unplanned pregancy I'm going to make damn sure it doesn't happen.

How about teaching kids the responsibility of not having to rely on Plan B???

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

How difficult is it to use condomns? Christ, if I was a female I'd be on the pill, make the guy use a condomn (not just for pregnancy reasons) AND have him pull out when he orgasmed. Sorry, but if I'm the one who has potential to go through an unplanned pregancy I'm going to make damn sure it doesn't happen.

How about teaching kids the responsibility of not having to rely on Plan B???

I don't disagree with teaching the responsibilty of using comdoms, but sometimes kids make poor decisions due to a wide variety of things:  Peer-pressure and/or alcohol being the most common.

Science says the drug is safe for reproductive aged women. Therefore, no age limit is needed. Put it on the shelf next the condoms....that kids of any age can buy.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Your partisan blinders prohibit your ability to reason.

Taking some after conception is NOT a contraceptive! Its an abortion pill.

I do not advocate abstinance as a viable solution for everyone and think it's rare.

I talked to my children at the first signs of puberty and well before they became active. I also provided actual contraceptives to them that prevent pregnancy and disease!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

Well, I think most progressives that post here are mad and upset that parents have any say at all in raising their children.  Best left to the schools and advocacy groups.

Nobody is stopping you from raising your kid the way you want.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Science says the drug is safe for reproductive aged women. Therefore, no age limit is needed. Put it on the shelf next the condoms....that kids of any age can buy.

They also say CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE USING and list side affects!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Taking some after conception is NOT a contraceptive! Its an abortion pill.

No.....Plan B is not an abortion. Plan B shuts down your system before you get pregnant. Plan B wont work if you have an implanted egg (pregnant).  Thats why its called contraception.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

The fastest sperm can get to a fallopian tube is about 30 minutes, meaning that the quickest conception could occur following sex is in the half-hour range [source: WebMD]. This means that, following sex, the egg could be fertilized before you've gotten up to get a drink of water.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

The fastest sperm can get to a fallopian tube is about 30 minutes, meaning that the quickest conception could occur following sex is in the half-hour range [source: WebMD]. This means that, following sex, the egg could be fertilized before you've gotten up to get a drink of water.

Conception does not equal pregnancy, and by definition, abortion is the termination of a pregnancy.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

User99:

No.....Plan B is not an abortion. Plan B shuts down your system before you get pregnant. Plan B wont work if you have an implanted egg (pregnant). Thats why its called contraception.

user99

Conception does not equal pregnancy, and by definition, abortion is the termination of a pregnancy.

[QUOTE]

So when an egg is fertilized it doesnt mean a woman is impreganted in your world?

Does life begin when ever the mother decides as well?

impregnated past participle, past tense of im·preg·nate (Verb) Verb
    1. Make (a woman or female animal) pregnant.
    2. Fertilize (a female reproductive cell or ovum).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

[QUOTE]

So when an egg is fertilized it doesnt mean a woman is impreganted in your world?

"My world" is reality.  Where is yours? 

The universally accepted definition of pregnancy (and long standing federal policy) is when the fertilized egg plants into the wall of the uterus......which is not allowed to happen w/plan B.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

The universally accepted definition of pregnancy (and long standing federal policy) is when the fertilized egg plants into the wall of the uterus......which is not allowed to happen w/plan B.

[/QUOTE]

So, the medical definition is incorrect in your world and your alleged "universally accept and long standing federal policy" in the way it is?

Please indicate where these "acceptances and policies" can be found and verified?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

So, the medical definition is incorrect in your world and your alleged "universally accept and long standing federal policy" in the way it is?

Please indicate where these "acceptances and policies" can be found and verified?

[/QUOTE]

My definition is the one in medical dictionaries, and the 'acceptances and policies' are found in our laws.

Your definition comes from the bible.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidAMorse1701. Show DavidAMorse1701's posts

I can also see it alluring more unprotected sex since all thats needed now is a pill afterwards to prevent pregnancy.

What IS shameful and irresponsible is to shut your eyes to the reality. Young adults are and will have sex. Its parents job to teach children the value of waiting and I believe they are in most cases. There is no way to control what your kids do while you are not with them. Would you rather she hide it from you than kill it at birth? Would you raise it with her? I believe contraception must be free to all youth from the age of fertility. If they decide to ignore our lessons about waiting than we must be sure they are safe because AIDS is only one illness out there. If they are mature enough to create a baby, than they are old enough to have it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to DavidAMorse1701's comment:

What IS shameful and irresponsible is to shut your eyes to the reality. Young adults are and will have sex. Its parents job to teach children the value of waiting and I believe they are in most cases. There is no way to control what your kids do while you are not with them. Would you rather she hide it from you than kill it at birth? Would you raise it with her? I believe contraception must be free to all youth from the age of fertility. If they decide to ignore our lessons about waiting than we must be sure they are safe because AIDS is only one illness out there. If they are mature enough to create a baby, than they are old enough to have it.

I believe contraception must be free to all youth from the age of fertility

Ha....you realize nothing is for free right? Someone has to pay for it. Who would that be?

If they are mature enough to create a baby, than they are old enough to have it.

Just because one is "mature" (as in old enough to be able to get pregnant) enough to create a baby doesn't mean they're mature enough to have it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidAMorse1701. Show DavidAMorse1701's posts

Well said. If they are mature enough to create a baby than they are old enough to "be educated, and put the safe contraception on the shelves and let them use it when they need it" too.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Well said. If they are mature enough to create a baby than they are old enough to "be educated, and put the safe contraception on the shelves and let them use it when they need it" too.

Just because one can have sex doesn't mean they are mature

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidAMorse1701. Show DavidAMorse1701's posts

Ha....you realize nothing is for free right? Someone has to pay for it. Who would that be?

Sure its NOT free but its not expensive. Its much more costly to bring the baby into the world. Those costs must be paid. We all know the system involved in how healthcare is paid

If they are mature enough to create a baby, than they are old enough to have it.

Just because one is "mature" (as in old enough to be able to get pregnant) enough to create a baby doesn't mean they're mature enough to have it.

I was talking about old enough to get the pill not raise the baby. The truth is that before modern times girls younger than 15 were already married. Our culture may now treat anyone 15 as still a child but this is a 20th century idea. How would you prevent unintended pregnancy? I am not in favor of it but it still happens.

Nancy Reagan is remembered for her, "Just Say NO!" anti drugs idea. Have we ever put a dent in drug use or anything with prohibition? Including drinking during Prohibition? There are too many abused and neglected kids as it is. If you have a real idea of a solution then say so.

[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Sure its NOT free but its not expensive. Its much more costly to bring the baby into the world. Those costs must be paid. We all know the system involved in how healthcare is paid

I was talking about old enough to get the pill not raise the baby. The truth is that before modern times girls younger than 15 were already married. Our culture may now treat anyone 15 as still a child but this is a 20th century idea. How would you prevent unintended pregnancy? I am not in favor of it but it still happens.

Nancy Reagan is remembered for her, "Just Say NO!" anti drugs idea. Have we ever put a dent in drug use or anything with prohibition? Including drinking during Prohibition? There are too many abused and neglected kids as it is. If you have a real idea of a solution then say so.

[/QUOTE]

Just like there will always be people foolish enough to do drugs or smoke cigarettes there will also be people who get knocked up. There is no fool proof method for stopping bad judgement. There are some people who have to learn the hard way.

Sections
Shortcuts