Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

15 yr old student that performed at Obama's inauguration shot dead in city with strictest gun laws!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink2. Show WhichOnesPink2's posts

Re: 15 yr old student that performed at Obama's inauguration shot dead in city with strictest gun laws!

In response to Reubenhop's comment:

In response to WhichOnesPink2's comment:

All the gun laws in the world isn't going to stop gun violence. Wake the fcuk up!

Stop no. Limit yes.  Basic logical connection for all awake people.  

When I started as a lawyer the standard for being under the influence was .15, then it was changed to .10 and now it is at .08.  A problem with drunk driving was addressed and its impact limited, not eliminated for sure, but limited.  We can do the same with the danger guns present.  Limit their impact.

Apples and oranges. Criminals will still obtain guns illegally no matter how many gun laws we ADD.

People who haven't been diagnosed with mental issues and have never been arrested will still be able to obtain guns and then subsequently snap and cause mass destruction like they have in the past.

People will still be stupid enough to not lock up their weapons leaving them for nutjobs like the Sandy Hook nut to take and use.

Assault weapons were banned for 10 years...they were still used during those 10 years for mass shootings. MA and CA ban assault weapons....they still have been used for mass shootings in both states.

CA has some of the strictest gun laws in the country...there have been nine mass shootings there.

Passive response to a deadly problem. Immoral.  How many killings have to take place before we all refuse to accept killings as part of our "cultural reality"?  Twenty little kids did it for me.  

I'm just citing reality. What I said is 100% factual.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Re: 15 yr old student that performed at Obama's inauguration shot dead in city with strictest gun laws!

How many killings have to take place before we all refuse to accept killings as part of our "cultural reality"?  Twenty little kids did it for me.  

"Killings" are absolutely part if our "cultural reality" but, not because of guns. There are more people murdered in ways that do not include guns than with. So, I agree with you that we have a violent culture but, the question is how do you change a nations culture to respect human life?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink2. Show WhichOnesPink2's posts

the question is how do you change a nations culture to respect human life?

BINGO!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink2. Show WhichOnesPink2's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

All the gun laws in the world isn't going to stop gun violence. Wake the fcuk up!

Look at the amount of gun violence in England. Wake the f**k up!

Hahaha...you mean the country that bans MOST types of guns. They even have strict rules on airguns for christ sake. 

Semi-auto rifles in anything other than .22 caliber are banned. 

Pistols under 30 cm are prohibited except for black powder

So unless you plan on banning pretty much all guns, all the laws won't stop gun violence. Wake the f**k up!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink2. Show WhichOnesPink2's posts

Criminals will still obtain guns illegally no matter how many gun laws we ADD.

Criminals still commit robberies no matter how many laws against robberys there are. Your argument leads to the conclusion we shouldn't have laws against that.

Criminals still commit murders no matter how many laws against robberys there are. Your argument leads to the conclusion we shouldn't have laws against that.

Criminals still commit rapes no matter how many laws against robberys there are. Your argument leads to the conclusion we shouldn't have laws against that.

People still speed, run red lights, ignore stop signs, and commit marked lane violations. Your agument leads to the conclusion that we should not have traffic laws.

Honestly. It's complete nonsense.

"If X doesn't work perfeclty, do nothing"

Yeah ok.

Who said do nothing? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink2. Show WhichOnesPink2's posts

Who said do nothing?

The logical conclusion of your argument. You need some more principles in the mix to avoid it.

See, people are proposing gun laws to reduce gun violence, and your answer is "no. No amount of gun laws reduce violence".

That goes farther than merely saying no more gun laws than we have. That argument leads to the conclusion that there isn't a point to having the gun laws we already have.

If criminals will get guns no matter how many laws we "add", then why have any?

I didn't say no to the laws. Add them. I'm just saying they won't make the difference you expect them to make.

Sections
Shortcuts