18%........really?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tacobreath. Show tacobreath's posts

18%........really?

Obama's Income Fell in Election Year, Paid 18.4 Percent Tax Rate

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Obamas-18-4-Tax-Rate/2013/04/13/id/499320#ixzz2QSEhDspG 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Re: 18%........really?

The class warfare "make the 1% pay their fair share" rhetoric , only applies to others, not Obama himself...

Obama only paid what he rightfully owed... a good enough excuse for him, but it wasnt a good enough excuse for Mitt Romney.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tacobreath. Show tacobreath's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

The class warfare "make the 1% pay their fair share" rhetoric , only applies to others, not Obama himself...

Obama only paid what he rightfully owed... a good enough excuse for him, but it wasnt a good enough excuse for Mitt Romney.

Or you and me.............

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Get used to it.  Prius's with Obama '08 bumper stickers are our new rulers.  Our country is being run by people buying foriegn cars and send our tax dollars to GM.

That's the new liberalism.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

As long as it's not 14.1% then it's ok...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I am not sure what you are so upset about....were you upset to learn that Romney paid 14 percent?

Listen..I don't like that Obama pays a lower tax rate than I do..but the difference is that I want something done about it. I mean..did Obama cheat the tax laws..? Not as far as I can tell.  Do you think Obama is alone in paying that 18 percent? Do you get it now..that those on the higher end pay lower rates? How come that didn't upset you several months ago?  No one who defends tax cuts for the wealthy or trickle down economics should be upset by Obama's tax rate.

Do you now support higher tax rates for high income earners? Where's the cutoff between middle class and wealthy for you now?

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tacobreath. Show tacobreath's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

I am not sure what you are so upset about....were you upset to learn that Romney paid 14 percent?

Listen..I don't like that Obama pays a lower tax rate than I do..but the difference is that I want something done about it. I mean..did Obama cheat the tax laws..? Not as far as I can tell.  Do you think Obama is alone in paying that 18 percent? Do you get it now..that those on the higher end pay lower rates? How come that didn't upset you several months ago?  No one who defends tax cuts for the wealthy or trickle down economics should be upset by Obama's tax rate.

Do you now support higher tax rates for high income earners? Where's the cutoff between middle class and wealthy for you now?

Are you kidding?   Were you in a coma during the campaign?  All we heard was how Romney avoided paying the higher tax rate.  Maybe you weren`t shouting it but, every Lib on BDC sure was.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to tacobreath's comment:

Are you kidding?   Were you in a coma during the campaign?  All we heard was how Romney avoided paying the higher tax rate.  Maybe you weren`t shouting it but, every Lib on BDC sure was.

Any bets on WDYWN posting that this never happened? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

I think the OP's point is that the Left went into a hissy fit over Romney's 14.1% but not a word about Obama paying 18%. He's pointing out the hypocrisy of the situation.

And I don't give a rats a55 what anyone pays for tax rate as long as they didn't do anything illegal to get to that percentage.

True to a point..but I think the "hissy fit" as you call it was generally in terms of the idea that the wealthy pay a lower rate than the working class. The people who defended that concept can't very well come here now and cry foul because Obama is one of the "wealthy" and therefore paid a lower rate.

Added to that..the major difference is that Obama ( and most dems) feels that the tax laws need to be changed and wants them changed in direct contrast to his own self interest. Romney felt that the wealthy paid a tax rate that was "already too high" and was in favor of lowering it further. If someone is outraged over Obama's tax rate..then they should be simply incensed over the GOP tax plan.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tacobreath. Show tacobreath's posts

I think the OP's point is that the Left went into a hissy fit over Romney's 14.1% but not a word about Obama paying 18%. He's pointing out the hypocrisy of the situation.

And I don't give a rats a55 what anyone pays for tax rate as long as they didn't do anything illegal to get to that percentage.

True to a point..but I think the "hissy fit" as you call it was generally in terms of the idea that the wealthy pay a lower rate than the working class. The people who defended that concept can't very well come here now and cry foul because Obama is one of the "wealthy" and therefore paid a lower rate.

Added to that..the major difference is that Obama ( and most dems) feels that the tax laws need to be changed and wants them changed in direct contrast to his own self interest. Romney felt that the wealthy paid a tax rate that was "already too high" and was in favor of lowering it further. If someone is outraged over Obama's tax rate..then they should be simply incensed over the GOP tax plan.

Yah.........you must be right.  The demands for Romney`s tax returns and the outrage from the Left was all about "the need to change the tax laws".  

Sigh.

How`s fantasyland this morning?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to tacobreath's comment:

Yah.........you must be right.  The demands for Romney`s tax returns and the outrage from the Left was all about "the need to change the tax laws".  

Sigh.

How`s fantasyland this morning?

The demands for Romney's tax returns were in direct response to numerous comments he made...and they got louder after his 47 percent comment. Listen..I don't think we should be asking people to make their tax returns public in a general sense anyhow.

The bottom line is one party feels that we need to lower further the tax rate for the wealthy. If you feel that way..you can't possibly be upset about Obama paying 18 percent.

You can make comments about fantasyland all you want. It doesn't change this basic fact.  So..I ask you again...do you favor the wealthy paying a lower tax rate?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

The bottom line is one party feels that we need to lower further the tax rate for the wealthy. If you feel that way..you can't possibly be upset about Obama paying 18 percent.

We certainly don't begrudge anyone holding on to their hard earned earnings. On the other hand we can point out the absolute hypocrisy of those that demand that others pay more while doing the utmost to pay the minimum themselves.

Surely you can understand the problem here?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

We certainly don't begrudge anyone holding on to their hard earned earnings. On the other hand we can point out the absolute hypocrisy of those that demand that others pay more while doing the utmost to pay the minimum themselves.

Yes..I do see what you are saying to a point..but as far as paying the minimum..do you know anyone who pays more than Uncle Sam requires? The Obamas gave almost a quarter of their income to charity..so I hardly think you can say that they are doing their utmost to pay as little as possible.

My point is that if you support the wealthy ( you know..the job creators) paying a lower rate..then you can't possibly be upset when the wealthy ( aka job creators) actually pay a lower rate.

The fact that Obama is still pushing a higher tax rate in spite of the fact that he would also pay more himself lend crediblity to his argument rather than taking it away. Can you also see that argument? Can you see that those on the right are using Obama as an example to argue against their own tax policy?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

do you know anyone who pays more than Uncle Sam requires?

No, I don't, and that's my point. Not even the weathly Democrat 1% that support higher taxes for anyone that isn't part of their percieved core constituency is willing to part with a single dime that isn't required to go to the government. Worse, these very same people call out "the wealthy" for being greedy. Of course, it's all a huge shell game in that the wealthy (especially wealthy Democrat donors) understand that they'll never have to pay the top rate because of the loopholes carefully placed in the tax code by their cronies (a.k.a. donor recipients.) In the end it's the middle class that the Democrat claim to support who don't have the wherewithal to take advantage of the tax breaks and end up paying the highest rates.

[QUOTE]Can you see that those on the right are using Obama as an example to argue against their own tax policy? [/QUOTE]

No, because we're arguing for a lower flat tax that EVERYONE has to pay. One that takes the inherent crony fueled corruption out of the system and gives everyone a reason to care about how their money is spent.

This is not about "giving tax breaks to the rich" no matter how the Democrats spin things. This is about a fairer tax code, and a smaller, constitutional, corruption free and responsive government.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tacobreath. Show tacobreath's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

I am not sure what you are so upset about....were you upset to learn that Romney paid 14 percent

----------------------------------------

Demos went bonkers.  Now they're fine.  See?

He/she doesn`t.  The hypocrisy of this person is beyond belief.  Gotta love "are you for lowering tax rates" spin being thrown out by the cricket though. 

For months all we heard from the Libs was "Romney`s  not paying his fair share", and "release the tax returns".  Obama`s "fair share" nonsense and "millionaires and billionaires" junk is a big bunch of hooey.  What a liar!  All the time he`s paying 18% himself, he`s assaulting the "Top 5%". 

There`s no spinning out of this one.  This should be front page of EVERY paper on earth.  My guess..............we`ll only hear of this from "evil FOX News".

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Didn't Obama say that people like himself shouldn't pay less in taxes than a secretary .... isn't that why he wants tax reform ?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

Yes..I do see what you are saying to a point..but as far as paying the minimum..do you know anyone who pays more than Uncle Sam requires? The Obamas gave almost a quarter of their income to charity..so I hardly think you can say that they are doing their utmost to pay as little as possible.

My point is that if you support the wealthy ( you know..the job creators) paying a lower rate..then you can't possibly be upset when the wealthy ( aka job creators) actually pay a lower rate.

The fact that Obama is still pushing a higher tax rate in spite of the fact that he would also pay more himself lend crediblity to his argument rather than taking it away. Can you also see that argument? Can you see that those on the right are using Obama as an example to argue against their own tax policy?

Obama is free to pay more if he likes.  there is even a spot on the tax form for it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

Didn't Obama say that people like himself shouldn't pay less in taxes than a secretary .... isn't that why he wants tax reform ?

He ends up paying that much due to all the tax write-offs and loopholes he takes advantage of. Well, if he doesn't think he should pay less than a secretary then don't take advantage of the system. Put your money where your mouth is dear pres.

It's like the Optional Higher tax rate in MA. I believe one year in the past there was about 400 or so people out of 1.5M tax returns that paid the higher rate. Libs talk a big game about being fine with paying higher taxes yet when push comes to shove don't. Well, except for those 400 or so.

Typically, people against lowering taxes really want other people to pay higher taxes...not themselves.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

He doesn't pay less in taxes than his secretary.  neither did Buffet.  Neither did Romney.

The truth is that tax rates is a stupid point upon whic to base your argument.  Look at how much tax in DOLLARS each group pays.   The top 1% paid 36% of the fed income tax dollars in 2009.

Percents don't pay bills. Dollars do.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

LMAO!

The left who thinks Obama wants to pay higher taxes or thinks that people of wealth are the only ones that should pay more are idiots.

The top 1 or 20% cannot support the economic thirst in washington!

They want EVERYONE to pay more, the poor, the middle class and the rich!!

Which is exactly what they did achieve!!!

Its not about protecting a class or building a class it's about more money and power to the washington establishment!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

If people were defending a certain someone for paying low taxes then why are they now attacking a certain someone for paying 25% more taxes on an income that is 96% less?

Because the left defends the left and the right defends the right.

The left is critical and accusatory of the right and the right is critical and accusatory of the left both without real rationale it's is just how it is.

The washington establishment depends on it to hold power!!

Sections
Shortcuts