1st Amendment Vs. 4th Amendment

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThinkSnow99. Show ThinkSnow99's posts

1st Amendment Vs. 4th Amendment

Senators Ask Apple to Pull Checkpoint-Dodging Apps

Smartphone applications that share information about police D.U.I. checkpoints and speed traps may be a boon for drivers hoping to avoid tickets (or worse), but a group of U.S. senators says they're nothing but a public safety hazard.

In fact, they think the apps are so dangerous that in a letter to Apple, Research In Motion, which makes BlackBerrys, and Google today, Senators Harry Reid (D-Nev.), Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.), Frank R. Lautenberg (D-N.J.), and Tom Udall (D-N.M.) urged the companies to remove the applications that they say help drunk drivers evade police.

In the Apple App Store, applications like PhantomAlert, Trapster, iRadar and others claim to help drivers avoid speed traps, police checkpoints and other traffic stops by crowdsourcing the reports of other drivers and disseminating police warnings.

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/senators-apple-pull-dui-checkpoint-dodging-apps/story?id=13196717

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

Re: 1st Amendment Vs. 4th Amendment

So there too drunk to drive but, they can navigate through the app and coherently devise another route without any problems?

I think the senators need to worry about other issues; like the huge deficit or ballooning entitlement programs!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WIIN12AM. Show WIIN12AM's posts

It's ok because it's Dems. See, if it were Reps THEN it would be an issue.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThinkSnow99. Show ThinkSnow99's posts

PhantomAlert has reported a 5000% increase in sales of the App since the Senators began making a stink about it.....oops!  Thanks for the free advertising guys.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

In Response to Re: 1st Amendment Vs. 4th Amendment:
    [QUOTE]PhantomAlert has reported a 5000% increase in sales of the App since the Senators began making a stink about it.....oops!  Thanks for the free advertising guys.
    Posted by ThinkSnow99[/QUOTE]

Ironic and a jagged little pill to swallow

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WIIN12AM. Show WIIN12AM's posts

In Response to Re: 1st Amendment Vs. 4th Amendment:
    [QUOTE]The police must make roadblock announcements that are reasonably accessible to the public before putting up the roadblock.  I am virtually certain this is a constitutional command - part of the prerequisite for allowing the government to conduct a suspicionless search (the roadblock stop(s)). ---------------- Sure!  But then the law SPECIFICALLY states NO other search (such as flashlighting the backseat) can occur unless the driver is determined to be impaired, and a FST given. Have you EVER, been thru one of these things when they didn't break that law? And whatcha gonna do?  Complain?  Here's your FST! Don't take it!  Don't take the breathalyzer at the station either.  Yep.  You will lose your license for 6 months - but you'll win in court. Guessy what?  Your refusal is INADMISSABLE.  That 5th amendment thingy, and all. Its worth it, because they WILL F you, dry and hard - with your pants on - and their's off -  laughing, on camera.
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

Greg - do you happen to know how long you lose license if you do take breathalyzer? Back in '97 I was caught. I did take breathalyzer and lost my license for 45 days. Ended up with continue without a finding.
    Those in my "drunk class" (one of the things anyone caught driving drunk has to go through) that refused breathalyzer still had a ways to go before they got their license back (whereas I had mine back already) and had already spent triple what I spent on lawyers fees and their case still wasn't over.
    I guess I was lucky I didn't get f'd dry. No doubt it does happen. Grateful I wasn't one of them

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

It's not congresses job to get involved with this!!!!! Let the states work it out and you work on uh.............the freakin debt and spending issues!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

I think the question you all shoud be asking yourselves is . What if it you driving or your loved one s are crossing the street getting hit by a drunk/speeder and finding out he/she used this app to get around the check points. Then what ya going to say hey he/she had the right to avoid the law ?

I have found the ones who cry the loudest about their rights are the very same ones who dont think about your rights if they are involved in something. Democrat or nitwit party.