30% of Companies will probably drop coverage for their employees-McKinsey Quarterly

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingmarsh. Show Hingmarsh's posts

30% of Companies will probably drop coverage for their employees-McKinsey Quarterly

From here:  http://www.marketwatch.com/story/firms-halting-coverage-as-reform-starts-survey-2011-06-06

I'm sure eventually it will be even higher.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

Re: 30% of Companies will probably drop coverage for their employees-McKinsey Quarterly

In Response to Re: 30% of Companies will probably drop coverage for their employees-McKinsey Quarterly:
    [QUOTE]In Response to 30% of Companies will probably drop coverage for their employees-McKinsey Quarterly : My company employs approximately 8000. My family plan is about $15k. I pay half through payroll deductions. It`s a tremendous, well-known, plan.  From the second OBummer started this bull-sh...it I knew that many (most) companies, given the opportunity, would immediately drop healthcare for employees. Why the heck wouldn`t they???? 8000 employees X approximately $7000 dollars,......ALL bottom line dollars,....they would be foolish not to drop employee coverage.  If people DID NOT see this coming,........well , they are morons. Morons that were dumb enough to vote for this idiot. "If you like your healthcare plan, you can keep your healthcare plan" YAHhhhhhhhhhhhh,........wanna buy a bridge?
    Posted by jmel[/QUOTE]

You can bet the companies wont lower their costs even after a few cut their heath care costs as being claimed here. Dont fall for the BS anyway. Greed is what is doing it not no health care bill. You support the greedy you support companies cutting your health care. And besides its you same guys that cry that other people need to be responsible well here is your chance to be what you call for.  Why should their customers help pay for your heath care , isnt that like a added tax or hidden tax to consumers. Watch what you all wish for you just might get it and not like it .

You know these companies wouldnt get away with it so well if there were unions there. But you guys want to get rid of them also. Get ready the pain will come if the right gets their way as evidenced here. Who are really the morons ? The company cutting you off but not lowering their cost or giving you more money to work there , or the nuts letting them get away with it because they hate the president and unions ?  

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

Re: 30% of Companies will probably drop coverage for their employees-McKinsey Quarterly

In Response to Re: 30% of Companies will probably drop coverage for their employees-McKinsey Quarterly:
    [QUOTE]Why pay for it when the government will. THE number one HR cost, ever. Can I get a duh?
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

Like i said its greed on the companies part and if there were unions there this wouldnt be happening . Also in the HCB there is a incentive for companies from the government to help them pay the costs. Besides quit the crying you want to be responsible for yourself here is your chance . Pay your own way like you cry about everyone else not doing. Funny how that tune changes when it involves you and your family paying huh ? Why should consumers pay your freight with costs added on to products to cover you . Walk the talk , walk the talk.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

Like i said its greed on the companies part and if there were unions there this wouldnt be happening . Also in the HCB there is a incentive for companies from the government to help them pay the costs. Besides quit the crying you want to be responsible for yourself here is your chance . Pay your own way like you cry about everyone else not doing. Funny how that tune changes when it involves you and your family paying huh ? Why should consumers pay your freight with costs added on to products to cover you . Walk the talk , walk the talk.

Clearly a moron who doesn't understand how insurance works.

Paying ones own way is in reference to not sponging off the system. Health insurance isn't sponging off the system. One of the benefits of having group insurance is you end up helping those that are sicker. Isn't that supposed to be a GOOD thing? If anything Greg is paying MUCH more than his share as he and his family are probably health and very low utilizers of health care services. Whereas others that Greg works with who are older and sicker are benefiting from people like him.
    If those people had to pay their own way as beKool suggests they'd be in a world of hurt. Their premiums would be through the roof.
    So either beKool doesn't understand how insurance works or he's a careless a55hole. Or maybe he's just both.

And this idiot think unions should exist in every industry and at every company....when did that ever happen?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to 30% of Companies will probably drop coverage for their employees-McKinsey Quarterly : My company employs approximately 8000. My family plan is about $15k. I pay half through payroll deductions. It`s a tremendous, well-known, plan.  From the second OBummer started this bull-sh...it I knew that many (most) companies, given the opportunity, would immediately drop healthcare for employees. Why the heck wouldn`t they???? 8000 employees X approximately $7000 dollars,......ALL bottom line dollars,....they would be foolish not to drop employee coverage.  If people DID NOT see this coming,........well , they are morons. Morons that were dumb enough to vote for this idiot. "If you like your healthcare plan, you can keep your healthcare plan" YAHhhhhhhhhhhhh,........wanna buy a bridge?
    Posted by jmel[/QUOTE]

It is worse than you think.  Using your example:  The company gives you healht cae as part of your compensation.  The value of this compensation is $7,500.  You pay directly for the other half of the plan, an additional $7,500.  The "incentive" people refer to is a $4,000 fine if the company does not provide you health care.  So:

Company pays the $4,000 fine, increases bottom line by $3,500, the difference between what they were paying you in health care benefits, and the fine.

You now have to pay an ADDITIONAL $7,500 for the coverage, bringing your total to $15,000.  Now, here is the tricky part:  You have also lost $7,500 in benefit, did not receive the cash, but now have to cough it up out of your salary.  That's a $15,000 NEGATIVE swing in your compensation. 

And, that $4,000 fine?  that goes to fund the general pool, so that is effectively a tax on your compensation package.

Keep in mind that nearly all unions, municipalities, teachers, police, firemen, and politically connected restaurants and businesses are EXEMPT from this chicanery that defunds your personal income by $7,500, funds healthcare for layabouts with the $4,000 fine/tax paid in your name.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

[QUOTE]"So either beKool doesn't understand how insurance works or he's a careless a55hole." I am going with the latter. Of course it could be both, too.
    Posted by Newtster[/QUOTE]

Well yes he does . All i am doing and saying here is put up kids you talk being responsible for yourself heres your chance . The company doesnt owe you anything except to pay you for doing the work they want . Good luck getting a raise to cover the loss if your company does what you want . Really why should i pay more money for a product so you have health care .Pay your own way lets give these companies a break  so they can keep what they earn instead of handing it out to their workers. Damn unions RIGHT ?

Funny you all want to cry for the very thing you all talk when it might hit home huh ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Is anyone really surpised?  Yet another liberal idea that is completely destroying our access to health care?

Liberals and liberal ideas are a cancer on our country.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from APerfectCircle. Show APerfectCircle's posts

So what doesn`t beFool and his ilk get? 

From what I've been reading, a lot.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

Haha...DING!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

There you go folks when faced with the possible loss of health care paid for by added cost to the products we all buy they cry no no no not us we deserve the hand out from the tax paying consumer. Because lets face it added cost to cover them is the same as a tax to cover those that dont have health care. Looks like all that brave talk about being responsible for oneself only counts if it isnt them on the right who have to do it. Companies dont owe employees anything but a fair wage for the job they do, well that is whats been said when unions are involved but as we see not when wing nuts not in unions are involved. They want everyone to pay for them and want you to pay higher cost for the things you buy so they can get the handouts they ARE ENTITLED TO.

Funny how they dance all around that huh ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

Companies dont owe employees anything but a fair wage for the job they do

If they want to keep good productive employees they do. But as someone who feeds off welfare system I wouldn't expect you to understand.

Funny how clueless beKool is when it comes to how insurance works. It's a basic concept so it speaks volumes that he doesn't understand it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 30% of Companies will probably drop coverage for their employees-McKinsey Quarterly : Well said skeet,.......thanks for the breakdown.  So what doesn`t beFool and his ilk get?  He keeps saying/thinking we want to dump this on the tax payers and referring to greedy h/c companies.  Does he NOT get that I/we/you PAY $7500 per year for a family plan that we`re very happy with?
    Posted by jmel[/QUOTE]

No what he gets is you guys thinking you deserve the population paying higher costs for products to cover the part you dont pay. And what he thinks is if you want everyone else to be responsible for themselves you should also by not thinking any company owes you a handout to cover your expenses. You dont want companies taxed but that is what you are doing , you dont want the people taxed but you add costs to the products to pay your way. I get it hose everyone else but not me . You all shoul pay the entire costs and not depend on the company or higher cost to cover you. Its ony fair and its one of your poitical talking points. STANDING ON YOUR OWN TWO FEET

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

beKool = hopelessly clueless

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

bafool, seriously??

You think somehow this will be good? Good like these programs, foodstamps, welfare and medicaid (10's of billions in fraud)

or medicare, social security etc (going broke because the adminstrators(government) robbed it ?

your are blinded by politics or you are insane!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]There you go folks when faced with the possible loss of health care paid for by added cost to the products we all buy they cry no no no not us we deserve the hand out from the tax paying consumer. Because lets face it added cost to cover them is the same as a tax to cover those that dont have health care. Looks like all that brave talk about being responsible for oneself only counts if it isnt them on the right who have to do it. Companies dont owe employees anything but a fair wage for the job they do, well that is whats been said when unions are involved but as we see not when wing nuts not in unions are involved. They want everyone to pay for them and want you to pay higher cost for the things you buy so they can get the handouts they ARE ENTITLED TO. Funny how they dance all around that huh ?
    Posted by beKool[/QUOTE]

Healthcare is not a handout.  It is a product I buy.  It is paid for partly directly wit post tax dollars, and part as part of my overall compensation.

The $4,000 TAX is just that, and additional tax against my employment that my employer allocates to  me, i.e. it is ALSO part of my compensation, but in a negative way.

So, I not pay the $4,00 tax, lose the $7,500 in compensation that the company WAS paying, but I also have to shell out an additional $7,500 out the remainder of my compensation.  $15,000 swing to the negative, not counting the $4,000  paid as part of my compensation for the company NOT providing me insurance. 

Some plan.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 30% of Companies will probably drop coverage for their employees-McKinsey Quarterly : No what he gets is you guys thinking you deserve the population paying higher costs for products to cover the part you dont pay. And what he thinks is if you want everyone else to be responsible for themselves you should also by not thinking any company owes you a handout to cover your expenses. You dont want companies taxed but that is what you are doing , you dont want the people taxed but you add costs to the products to pay your way. I get it hose everyone else but not me . You all shoul pay the entire costs and not depend on the company or higher cost to cover you. Its ony fair and its one of your poitical talking points. STANDING ON YOUR OWN TWO FEET
    Posted by beKool[/QUOTE]

Oh, in case it was not clear, everyone in this catagory, getting insurance through their company, is paying their own way.  health insurance is compensation for employment, not a handout.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

Oh, in case it was not clear, everyone in this catagory, getting insurance through their company, is paying their own way.  health insurance is compensation for employment, not a handout.

Well said!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]Oh, in case it was not clear, everyone in this catagory, getting insurance through their company, is paying their own way.  health insurance is compensation for employment, not a handout. Well said!
    Posted by WhichOnesPink[/QUOTE]

I think betool is unfamilar with the term "employment", but is way too familiar with the term "handout".

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts