4 failures that should never let anyone vote gop

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PS911fan. Show PS911fan's posts

Conservatism depends on deregulation, and the false idea of "smaller government" is better. Privatizing makes things better in a conservative brain. Ignorance is the main lynchpin that makes the conservative brain work as it does.

4 failures based on those failed qualities of conservatism

1) 9-11 = /> a failure of not following up on the previous administration's warnings and ignoring tons of info.

2) Katrina - failure to deal with the drowing of a city and disregarding the urgency

3) Iraq - billions of dollars and thousands of lives wasted to achieve very limited goals but provide an income path for cronies

4) Economic meltdown - placing the country in massive debt, corruption, rampant incompetence, and ignoring basic rules of economic sensibility

After 8 years (6.5 years of complete conservative rule) - why should you waste your vote on more failure.......the thugs here cannot spin incompetenance.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

So Bush ignoring memos that said "bin Laden plans to attack in US" is Bill Clinton's fault?

Deregulation of the financial industry which allowed, among other things, banks and mortgage brokers to bundle mortgages as securities and sell them for a quick buck to other entities is not the fault of the "Deregulation" crowd?? Deregulation and greed got us into this mess.

Iraq was watched by Clinton, and like G. H.W. Bush, the decision was made NOT to go in, because they feared there was no way out. And look at that, they were right. THere was NO imminent threat. But Cheney and Bush were hell bent on going to Iraq. Meanwhile, 7 years later, where's Osama bin Laden, who Bush was going to catch and bring to justice? Afghanistan is falling back into the hands of the Taliban. It's not NATO's fault that the US pulled troos and resources!

A year before Katrina hit, the Federal Government did a simulation of what a category 4 or 5 hurricane could do to New Orleans. The results showed that the levees needed strengthening, there needed to be more evacuation plans, etc. What did the Army Corps of Engineers do? NOTHING. Yes, New Orleans is below sea level. But it was the ineffective levees that breached and flooded the lower 9th ward. Should local and state officials have done more? Absolutely, but FEMA was a disaster, and still is.

Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were around well before Obama, the real problem there was they were government agencies not accountable to the government.

We don't need McCain, who took days to even realize there was a problem with the economy. We don't need McCain, who favored deregulation before he favored regulation (last week). (Though to be fair, he apparently didn't vote on the Gramm deregulation bill in 1999).

We don't need a man whose ideas are to basically continue as we've been doing for nearly 8 years.

Nice try though. And at least you admit Bush made a lot of mistakes

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ecafsc. Show ecafsc's posts

"1) 9-11 => a failure of not following up on the previous administration's warnings and ignoring tons of info. "

Um....follow up how? Did the memos tell WHEN, WHERE, and HOW the attacks would happen? If so then you have a great argument. Why does not Clinton share the blame here? If his administration knew so much then why didn't THEY stop it from happening? You do realize 9/11 was planned out BEFORE Bush came into office don't you? If they knew so much why didn't they round them all up???

"4) Economic meltdown - placing the country in massive debt, corruption, rampant incompetence, and ignoring basic rules of economic sensibility"

Don't bother putting any blame on all those people who bought into mortgages they couldn't afford. I guess those people were forced at gunpoint to buy these loans huh??? Just because it's being offered doesn't mean you should buy it. Ever here the saying "buyer beware"???
    I agree on the Iraq issue. Should have NEVER gone in there in the first place.
    Katrina was bungled. But people did have ample time to get the hell out and chose not to. Plenty of blame to go around there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

It was the Clinton administration, obsessed with multiculturalism,
    that dictated where mortgage lenders could lend, and originally helped
    create the market for the high-risk subprime loans now infecting like
    a retrovirus the balance sheets of many of Wall Street's most revered
    institutions.

Tough new regulations forced lenders into high-risk areas where they
    had no choice but to lower lending standards to make the loans that
    sound business practices had previously guarded against making. It was
    either that or face stiff government penalties.

The untold story in this whole national crisis is that President
    Clinton put on steroids the Community Redevelopment Act, a
    well-intended Carter-era law designed to encourage minority
    homeownership. And in so doing, he helped create the market for the
    risky subprime loans that he and Democrats now decry as not only
    greedy but "predatory."

Yes, the market was fueled by greed and overleveraging in the
    secondary market for subprimes, vis-a-vis mortgaged-backed securities
    traded on Wall Street. But the seed was planted in the '90s by Clinton
    and his social engineers. They were the political catalyst behind this
    slow-motion financial train wreck.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

Two words on the mortgage crisis: "ownership society".

To wit:

We're creating... an ownership society in this country, where more Americans than ever will be able to open up their door where they live and say, welcome to my house, welcome to my piece of property.
    - President George W. Bush, October 2004.

Now, it's not Bush's fault - there's plenty of blame for all involved - but he was the one trying to take credit when the boom was big. Now the housing market has collapsed, bringing a few other big ships down with it.

(Three months from now: see (Surge; McCain, John))

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

[Quote]Two words on the mortgage crisis: "ownership society".

To wit:

We're creating... an ownership society in this country, where more Americans than ever will be able to open up their door where they live and say, welcome to my house, welcome to my piece of property.

Matty, you are 100% correct on that, George W. Bush domestically did not make difficult decisions, he just let it ride...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PS911fan. Show PS911fan's posts

Matty has put probably the best spin on the current situation by not spinning....this is the point of my post is the clear as a laser fact that there is no accountability with conservatives. All of the RW thugs do everything they can to point blame but never show any of their people demonstrating real leadership.

We know that Al Queda is careful and deliberate on an attack but because there was no planned attack after 9/11 that it was a success.

Orson welles made citizen kane (argueably the best movie ever before he was 35), 9/11 was in the terrorists eyes a masterpiece they executed on an unaware and ignorant administratin, the Bush administration.

why try to top their greatest success and yet, the RW will not accept the simple but true Harry Truman line- The buck stops here

In Bush's eyes, the buck stops anywhere else but his desk. Its why people should rightfully blame and hold bush and the RW for the puss**s that they are.

[Quote]Two words on the mortgage crisis: "ownership society".

To wit:

Now, it's not Bush's fault - there's plenty of blame for all involved - but he was the one trying to take credit when the boom was big. Now the housing market has collapsed, bringing a few other big ships down with it.

(Three months from now: see (Surge; McCain, John))[/Quote]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scauma82. Show scauma82's posts

softsquash, i'd like to hear the strategic reason for invading iraq, as well as why you think we're in an economic meltdown?

facts are indeed stubborn things, we know beyond all reasonable doubt bush and his guys wanted saddam and iraq, they said as much through PNAC. we also know saddam stopped selling oil in federal reserve notes, that's the real reason for the war. look up an oil bourse and then get back to me.

the economy is in the toilet for many reasons, and i doubt anyone knows or can explain them all...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

1.) Read the book "Why America Slept on 9/11" and tell me it was all Bush's fault...

2.) State Senator Donald Cravins (D-LA): "It certainly appeared that there was a lot of indecisiveness exhibited by the governor in the early stages of the disaster."
    "Though experts had warned it would take 48 hours to evacuate New Orleans, Blanco did not order a mandatory evacuation that Saturday."

"A key criticism, the governor's slowness in requesting federal troops. She told the President she needed help, but it wasn't until Wednesday that she specifically asked for 40,000 troops. That day, in a whispered conversation with her staff caught on camera, the governor appears to second-guess herself."

Blanco: "I really need to call for the military."

Unidentified female aide: "Yes, you do. Yes, you do."

Blanco: "And I should have started that in the first call."

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

[Quote]Matty has put probably the best spin on the current situation by not spinning....this is the point of my post is the clear as a laser fact that there is no accountability with conservatives. All of the RW thugs do everything they can to point blame but never show any of their people demonstrating real leadership.
    why try to top their greatest success and yet, the RW will not accept the simple but true Harry Truman line- The buck stops here

In Bush's eyes, the buck stops anywhere else but his desk. Its why people should rightfully blame and hold bush and the RW for the puss**s that they are.
    [/Quote]

As for you spinning my spin-less spin...er, thanks...I think.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mhc90. Show mhc90's posts

[Quote][Quote]Two words on the mortgage crisis: "ownership society".

To wit:

Matty, you are 100% correct on that, George W. Bush domestically did not make difficult decisions, he just let it ride...[/Quote]

That, Bob is where we agree. Bush didn't pay much attention to domestic issues. Laissez-faire? Or just didn't care? Either way, ignoring the economy is not a good idea. Perhaps that was just another set of emails he didn't want to open. He's always reminded me of a spoiled kid with that pout of his when he doesn't get his way.