42% of Republicans believe Santa Claus is not just white but "verifiably white"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

42% of Republicans believe Santa Claus is not just white but "verifiably white"

TPM LIVEWIREPoll: 42% Of Republicans Think Santa Is 'Verifiably White'

Jacsxdjuxkidsvprsjd8AP Photo

IGOR BOBIC – DECEMBER 19, 2013, 12:26 PM EST

Megyn Kelly might have been on to something when she proclaimed that "Santa is what he is," which is white.

While the American public at large remains split about the shade of Santa's skin -- 32 percent say he is white, while 36 percent say he is not, according to a new poll by Democratic firmPublic Policy Polling -- Kelly may find a more receptive audience on Fox News.

Forty two percent of Republicans believe Santa Claus is not just white but "verifiably white," while 23 percent said he is not, according to the poll. Only 24 percent of Democrats, on the other hand, said he was "verifiably white" while 48 percent said he is not.

Kelly insisted last week that her comment was a simply jest that critics were using to "race-bait and to assume the worst of people." She has found support in fellow Fox News Host Bill O'Reillyand a Libertarian radio host who claimed that Santa is white just like Martin Luther King Jr. was black.

The Slate blogger who initially kicked off the conversation, meanwhile, weighed in by reminding everyone that Santa actually isn't real.

The PPP poll surveyed 741 registered voters from Dec. 13-17 and it had a margin of error of plus or minus 3.6 percent.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

Re: 42% of Republicans believe Santa Claus is not just white but

Santa is also American...and hates Obamacare

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Pretty sure by "verifiable" they were thinking, able to see white santa's in malls, movies, commericals, etc. THAT kind of verifiable. Not verifiable as in santa ACTUALLY exists. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Any word yet on the complexions of leprachauns, pixies, brownies, trolls, banshees, yetis or the tooth fairy...?

Because if you're gonna believe in fairy tales and a lot of other superstitious nonsense, then believe all of that shiite....

Meanwhile, every non-white person around the globe: "Really?!"

Are these repubs really the people "we want to be our latex salesmen"...?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pretty sure by "verifiable" they were thinking, able to see white santa's in malls, movies, commericals, etc. THAT kind of verifiable. Not verifiable as in santa ACTUALLY exists. 

[/QUOTE]

Wait...

...they were thinking when they answered?  Really?!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I thought the modern day Santa Claus was the UPS Dude.

Just curious, but how did Santa Claus become synonomous mixed up with Saturnalia, I mean Jesus's Birthday?  Shouldn't Christmas for the Christians be about celebrating the birth of Christ and not about kids being disappointed because their parents got them the wrong Nerf gun or because they got a Wii instead of an Xbox?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to andiejen's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Kelly insisted last week that her comment was a simply jest that critics were using to "race-bait and to assume the worst of people." 

[/QUOTE]

How can some people not assume the worst when it doesn't appear to be getting any better...?!

And if people are starting with the premise that santa is either black or white, they really should just sit down for a moment and plan their next thought carefully.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just curious, but how did Santa Claus become synonomous mixed up with Saturnalia, I mean Jesus's Birthday?  Shouldn't Christmas for the Christians be about celebrating the birth of Christ and not about kids being disappointed because their parents got them the wrong Nerf gun or because they got a Wii instead of an Xbox?

[/QUOTE]

South Park went there long ago, i.e. 'Santa vs. Jesus'.  It should have ended right there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:

Santa Claus, also known as Saint NicholasFather ChristmasKris Kringleand simply "Santa", is a mythical figure with legendaryhistorical and folkloricorigins who, in many Western cultures, is said to bring gifts to the homes of the good children on December 24, the night before Christmas. However, in some European countries children receive their presents on St. Nicholas' Day, December 6.[1] The modern figure of Santa Claus is derived from the Dutch figure of Sinterklaas, which, in turn, has part of its basis in hagiographical tales concerning the historical figure of Christian bishop and gift-giver Saint Nicholas. During the Christianization of Germanic Europe, this figure may have absorbed elements of the god Odin, who was associated with the Germanic pagan midwinter event of Yule and led the Wild Hunt, a ghostly procession through the sky. Over time, traits of this character and the British folklore character Father Christmas merged to form the modern Santa Claus known today.

(And yes...I know your post was laced with sarcasm.)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

Fox still has the best looking women on television. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to macnh1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Fox still has the best looking women on television. 

[/QUOTE]

Well, it IS their biggest priority as an entertainment network....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Because what's more important: World events? Or b**bs.

[/QUOTE]

You really don't know the answer to that, do you?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ronreganfan's comment:

[QUOTE]You really don't know the answer to that, do you?[/QUOTE]

There's a time for news, and there's a time for b**bs.

If you're watching a channel because of the "hottest women on TV", chances are that you aren't getting much in the way of valid news.

[/QUOTE]

To be fair though I haven't seen too many ugly women on any of the other news channels. Pretty much the way all news programs have gone these days.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Imagine a newspaper in which 90% of the pages were op-eds and adverts, and the remaining 10% is actual news reporting.

That's pretty much what cable news is....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Is this a joke?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to ronreganfan's comment:

[QUOTE]You really don't know the answer to that, do you?[/QUOTE]

There's a time for news, and there's a time for b**bs.

If you're watching a channel because of the "hottest women on TV", chances are that you aren't getting much in the way of valid news.

[/QUOTE]

To be fair though I haven't seen too many ugly women on any of the other news channels. Pretty much the way all news programs have gone these days.

[/QUOTE]

Well, yes, and that's one of many reasons I don't watch TV news of my own choice.

[/QUOTE]

I hear you. I still watch the news because to me whether the person is pretty or ugly, doesn't have an affect on the actual news. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

I am surprised the right has such a hard on for Santa Claus given that is egalitarian methods fly in the face of conservatisisms "I got mine" ethos.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to DamainAllen's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am surprised the right has such a hard on for Santa Claus given that is egalitarian methods fly in the face of conservatisisms "I got mine" ethos.

[/QUOTE]

Might be because he isn't real. That, of course, is just a guess : )

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

You people are talking about Santa Clause as if he's real.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to DamainAllen's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Might be because he isn't real. That, of course, is just a guess : )

[/QUOTE]

And yet we have folks, on the right, opining on the obviousness that Santa Clause is white!  And then still others coming to the defense of those who made the claim in the first place!  

In the past couple of weeks this has been the GOP issues:

Santa Clause is white (duh)

The Pope is a communist

Phil Robertson (of Duck Dynasty) is being persecuted by Anti Christians for his beliefs.  (even though they cheered for Alec Baldwin being fired for his anti gay comments)

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Didn't we just do this in another thread... recently. WhThFu.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts