537 and Miscellaneous Bipartisan Predictions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

537 and Miscellaneous Bipartisan Predictions

Anyone who follows the history of Presidential elections knows immediately what that number means. For those who don't..let me break it down for you in four letter : V O T E

This election day your vote is more important than ever and the ideological choices have never been more clear, both at the Presidential level and the congressional level. For me, however, the decision on who to vote for is influenced by more than ideological values. While a canditate's stance on the issues is for sure a strong influence, I will not cast my vote for someone who I feel is a weak leader. The US needs and deserves strong leadership . For me, politically, a strong leader is not someone who is willing to stand up to those on the other side of the political aisle...but someone who is also willing to stand up to those in their own party who do not reflect the best interests of the citizens of the United States. To me, that is a leader who transcends petty politics and demonstrates true leadership.

I will be off the grid for several days so with election day set to kick off in about 96 hours..I offer you my bi -partisan political predictions:

First..no matter who wins the Presidential election( too close to call at this point) one thing will be clear. The winner will not go into the Oval Office with a mandate from the voters. I think the race will be far too close for either side to claim a mandate.

Second.. I am predicting that voter turnout will not exceed the percentage of the 2008 Presidential election which was 61.7%

Third..I think there will be little change in the balance of power in Congress. I think the Republicans will retain control of the House and the Dems will retain control of the Senate.

So...anyone else care to offer a prediction? It would be fun to read them after the election. "See" you all on the 7th ( or 8th) and remember..all the talk on forums like this is meaningless unless you translate it into action and VOTE :-)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Re: 537 and Miscellaneous Bipartisan Predictions

My prediction is Obama will win , Senate will be under Democratic control, brown is out and the Senate will modify the rules on the filibuster . The House will stay under gop control, there will be a push for a Constitutional Amendment to over turn Citizens United and Scalia will retire and be replaced by a more centrist judge.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

Voters have figured out that President Obama has no message, no agenda and not even much of an explanation for what he has done over the past four years. His campaign is based entirely on persuading people that Mitt Romney is a uniquely bad man, entirely dedicated to the rich, ignorant of the problems of the average person. As long as he could run his negative ads, the campaign at least kept voters away from the Romney bandwagon. But once we all met Mitt Romney for three 90-minute debates, we got to know him - and to like him. He was not the monster Obama depicted, but a reasonable person for whom we could vote.

Predictions:

The House: Stays about where it is now. 

The Senate: I see republican gains GOP 52 - 48 (sadly though I see Warren taking it here)

President: Romney 53% Obama 47%

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Someone liked Romney after getting to know him? That would be a first.

The only reason Romney is the Republican nominee is because for some inexplicable reason, his opponents in the primaries were freaks or were even more liberal than Romney. The republican call from the get go was "anyone by Obama".

Romney is an empty suit. The people of Massachusetts didn't need 3 debates to get to know Romney.  We had 4 years to get to know him.  We know him well and have rejected him.  Michigan, his other "home state", knows him and has rejected him.  California, where he has a home, has rejected him.  New Hampshire, where he has another home, is rejecting him, and New Hampshire is conservative.

Everyone who "knows" Romney dislikes him.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My prediction is Obama will win , Senate will be under Democratic control, brown is out and the Senate will modify the rules on the filibuster . The House will stay under gop control, there will be a push for a Constitutional Amendment to over turn Citizens United and Scalia will retire and be replaced by a more centrist judge.

[/QUOTE]

Any other fantasies you want to address?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Its looking more and more like President Obama will be re-elected (over 80% chance as of today), but it is chilling to know that a man with the character flaws and the destructive policies of Mitt Romney will probably get somewhere around 48% of the popular vote.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to UserName99's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Its looking more and more like President Obama will be re-elected (over 80% chance as of today), but it is chilling to know that a man with the character flaws and the destructive policies of Mitt Romney will probably get somewhere around 48% of the popular vote.

[/QUOTE]

I don't know where to start.

You have a corrupt media refusing to follow the death of Ambassador Stevens and 3 others because it leads directly to the Whitehouse.

You have a President who knows this and won't take questions from the press because of Nov 6..

23 million without jobs, record amounts on food stamps, welfare, unemployment and disability.

No federal budget his 4 years in office.

Gasoline prices double what they were when he entered office.

And Romney is the flawed candidate.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Even Newt Gingrich is predicting an Obama win on Tuesday.

But for some reason, Newt is also predicting that Obama will get re-elected in 2016 and 2020. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

But for some reason, Newt is also predicting that Obama will get re-elected in 2016 and 2020. 

[/QUOTE]

It was an errant email dummy.

Gingrich knows better.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/errant-email-newt-gingrich-supporters-obama-win/story?id=17618977

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Really...Nice try!

An email message mistakenly sent to Newt Gingrich's newsletter list serve Thursday morning told subscribers that President Obama would no doubt win in 2012 and that they should be more worried about Obama's winning in 2016.

ABC News;

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Obama’s Pennsylvania Blunder By Dick Morris on November 2, 2012

There are many reasons why Obama will lose this election — by a lot — on Tuesday. But when the history of this contest is written, it will be especially important to probe why Obama blundered by virtually ignoring Pennsylvania.

Team Obama was so focused on the swing states that they ignored the semi-swing states which could come into play. Ohio, Florida, Colorado, North Carolina, Virginia, Iowa, New Hampshire, Iowa, and Nevada loomed so large in their calculations that they forgot about Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Minnesota. Continue reading…

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't know where to start.

You have a corrupt media refusing to follow the death of Ambassador Stevens and 3 others because it leads directly to the Whitehouse.

You have a President who knows this and won't take questions from the press because of Nov 6..

23 million without jobs, record amounts on food stamps, welfare, unemployment and disability.

No federal budget his 4 years in office.

Gasoline prices double what they were when he entered office.

And Romney is the flawed candidate.

[/QUOTE]

I've highlighted the portion of your post that is not mis-information.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It was an errant email dummy.

Gingrich knows better.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/errant-email-newt-gingrich-supporters-obama-win/story?id=17618977

[/QUOTE]

Since when do republicans let the truth get in the way of a good headline.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Obama wins. The republicans have spent too much time talking about rape and keeping tax breaks for the rich. Romney flip-flops more than any other candidate in modern history. Despite the republicans hopes and wishes, Obama wins.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

In response to msobstinate99's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I predict an Obama win. I don't want an Obama win, I just predict he'll win. 

I'm predicting it won't be pretty, they'll be battles over votes...with power not being restored to many by election day. There is controversy ahead, from both sides. 

The way this state votes, Warren wins. Another unfortunate. 

[/QUOTE]

I have to admire your honesty, msobstinate.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to AlleyCatBruin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Obama wins. The republicans have spent too much time talking about rape and keeping tax breaks for the rich. Romney flip-flops more than any other candidate in modern history. Despite the republicans hopes and wishes, Obama wins.

[/QUOTE]

ha ha ha.

All the democrats want to talk about is women's rights and big bird so they don't have to talk about the economy and Libya.

You are so stupid.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Obama is the one with the character flaws, but he will win.  That has been my standing prediction for over a year, that Romney wins the primary, loses the general.

I also predict that there will be rampant voter fraud/law suits over nothing on/from the democrat side.  It is how they win electins.  Straight up voting doesn't work for them anymore.  The DOJ is already decending on Miami, claiming long lines for early voting is somehow racist.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Obama is the one with the character flaws, but he will win.  That has been my standing prediction for over a year, that Romney wins the primary, loses the general.

I also predict that there will be rampant voter fraud/law suits over nothing on/from the democrat side.  It is how they win electins.  Straight up voting doesn't work for them anymore.  The DOJ is already decending on Miami, claiming long lines for early voting is somehow racist.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In response to newman09's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Voters have figured out that President Obama has no message, no agenda and not even much of an explanation for what he has done over the past four years. His campaign is based entirely on persuading people that Mitt Romney is a uniquely bad man, entirely dedicated to the rich, ignorant of the problems of the average person. As long as he could run his negative ads, the campaign at least kept voters away from the Romney bandwagon. But once we all met Mitt Romney for three 90-minute debates, we got to know him - and to like him. He was not the monster Obama depicted, but a reasonable person for whom we could vote.

Predictions:

The House: Stays about where it is now. 

The Senate: I see republican gains GOP 52 - 48 (sadly though I see Warren taking it here)

President: Romney 53% Obama 47%

[/QUOTE]

How do you get to 52 GOP in the Senate, especially without Mass?  With Indiana now slipping away from the GOP due to Mr. Pro Rape Baby it is unlikely the GOP can pick up more than 1 seat. Likely, the Senate has 52 or 53 Dems, depending on what happens in the true toss up states of MT, WI and VA. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/

Any other fantasies you want to address?

[/QUOTE]

"homie" I'm sure if you went to see the Wizard he would give you some brains !

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

My predictions:

National

President- Romney

House - Republican Control

Senate- Dem control ( thanks to the two wingnut GOP senators )

Massachusetts:

Warren over Brown

Q1- Pass ( even though it is now irrelevant)

Q2- Fail

Q3- Pass

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Predictions:

National

President- Romney 290 plus electoral votes...........

House - Republican Control

Senate- Split control 50/50 by tie breaker to VP Ryan

Massachusetts:

Brown by 2 pts

Q1- Pass

Q2- Fail; Granny is safe for now.

Q3- Pass

Sections
Shortcuts