600-1,300 killed in possible gas attack by Syrian government

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Re: 600-1,300 killed in possible gas attack by Syrian government

Just saw a photo of lined up dead children in the NY Times.  Truly a grotesque image that I wish I hadn't looked at.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

It is difficult, but I think that sort of thing is something we should see.

I prefer the way much European news does not shrink from showing unsanitized images from war. We should not make a euphemism of war and slaughter.

True but, we should do soime investigative reporting to try and have a high certainty of confidence that it is factual.

I can remember pictures of debris and teddy bears that shook emotion but, turned out to be completely staged.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

It is difficult, but I think that sort of thing is something we should see.

I prefer the way much European news does not shrink from showing unsanitized images from war. We should not make a euphemism of war and slaughter.

Probably right.  Too many people have a glorified vision of what war is....probably from movies (or GOP flag-waving propaganda). 

Truth is that war is irredeemably horrible.  The most twisted, sickening, disgusting abomination ever known to man.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to UserName99's comment:

Probably right.  Too many people have a glorified vision of what war is....probably from movies (or GOP flag-waving propaganda). 

Truth is that war is irredeemably horrible.  The most twisted, sickening, disgusting abomination ever known to man.

I agree! Atrocities like govt sanctioned genocide which is just as much a twisted, sickening, disgusting abomination ever known to man sometimes have made it necessary throughout history.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

Speaking of GOP flag-waving propaganda:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxxwfaIAl_Q

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

What dumba55  thing are we going to do now Mr. President?

Can we just stay out of it and let them kill each other off?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

A condemnation! bet they didnt see that coming!!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Would war in Iraq have been justified if he did have WMDs?

Should we have just stayed out of WWII?

At a certain point, do we not have any sort of moral obligation to halt a mass slaughter?

I don't know if I advocate military action, but I think there has to be a point where the more developped powers of the world say "no".

I agree!

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

Nobel Peace Prize...thats all I have to say..

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

In response to macnh1's comment:

Nobel Peace Prize...thats all I have to say..

Good, now you can crawl back under your rock.

See ya.

Why so much anger and intolerance???  It's a fact that the world with Obama is a more dangerous place.....it's just ironic that he was given the Nobel Peace Prize.  It's just a statement of fact..so angry all the time??? I wish we could all get along.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

In response to Hansoribrother's comment:

[QUOTE]

At a certain point, do we not have any sort of moral obligation to halt a mass slaughter?

I don't know if I advocate military action, but I think there has to be a point where the more developped powers of the world say "no".

[/QUOTE]

Well, there are plenty of places around the planet where people are getting slaughtered and abused and no one does anything. Tibet, Sudan, Nigeria, Burma, etc

WWII - we were attacked by Japan and Germany declared war on  us.  If you recall there was mass slaughter at the hands of the Japanese in China (Nanking)well before we got involved.

You also have to think about what might happen if we do get involved militarily. DO you think we should send people over there to get maimed and killed only to have it turn back into anarchy when we leave? Isn't that what is happening in Iraq? It will probably happen in Afghanistan too.

I think that countries like Turkey, Jordan and others are better suited to deal with it. Maybe we can use air power but I can't see full scale involvement, ever.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

It's a fact that the world with Obama is a more dangerous place.....it's just ironic that he was given the Nobel Peace Prize. 

That's an opinion; not a fact.

(And a poorly considered one, too, since you imply that the death of Obama would bring peace. Why the anger and hatred?!)

Nor is that irony; just pre-incidental.

You're terrible at this stuff.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well, there are plenty of places around the planet where people are getting slaughtered and abused and no one does anything. Tibet, Sudan, Nigeria, Burma, etc

WWII - we were attacked by Japan and Germany declared war on  us.  If you recall there was mass slaughter at the hands of the Japanese in China (Nanking)well before we got involved.

You also have to think about what might happen if we do get involved militarily. DO you think we should send people over there to get maimed and killed only to have it turn back into anarchy when we leave? Isn't that what is happening in Iraq? It will probably happen in Afghanistan too.

I think that countries like Turkey, Jordan and others are better suited to deal with it. Maybe we can use air power but I can't see full scale involvement, ever.

[/QUOTE]

I actually agree with you, as difficult as that is after viewing the latest tragedy there.

Syria's military is much better trained and equipped than Iraq and the Taliban combined.

Add to it the fact that Israel shares a border with Syria, and the fuse gets even shorter.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

It's a fact that the world with Obama is a more dangerous place.....it's just ironic that he was given the Nobel Peace Prize. 

(And a poorly considered one, too, since you imply that the death of Obama would bring peace. Why the anger and hatred?!)

Matty thats a big leap from saying Obama is weak to wishing for his demise....WAY off.

Obama was voted legally into office he is our President.  Good bad or indifferent, pointing out his failures as a CEO has nothing to do with him personally, he seems like a great guy and father and I wish him nothing but health and happiness.

I do love how he took his threat to Syria about using poisonous gas to kill their people a year ago and lightened it up yesterday to say..."If there is evidence of WIDESPREAD use of posionous gas it won't be tolerated."  Could he be weaker???  The world notices when we make empty threats and stand by and do nothing, it emboldens them.

I don't know if we should intervene in Syria but don't threaten to do so if you have no desire to....even a 2 year old knows empty threats are an invitation to push limits.

Matty, hope your summer is going well....I'd appreciate it if you didn't accuse me of wishing bad things happen to our President it's not accurate. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

[QUOTE]

Matty thats a big leap from saying Obama is weak to wishing for his demise....WAY off.

Matty, hope your summer is going well....I'd appreciate it if you didn't accuse me of wishing bad things happen to our President it's not accurate. 

[/QUOTE]

"It's a fact that the world with Obama is a more dangerous place"

...is your exact quote.  Both the implication and deduction from it are clear despite the passive voice, i.e., 'the world without obama is a less dangerous place.'  

Don't blame me for your misuse of the language...which nevertheless echoes your frequent pattern of incendiary nonsense, character attacks and ideological sputum.

Or maybe you should be a bit more thoughtful before submitting your post...

...and maybe realize that the country is a bit war-weary after the Iraqi Folly and Afghani Mire...not to mention myriad scurrilous attacks against the admin for its leadership in Libya.

What's happening in Syria is horrific, and I pray for a solution...preferably one that does not open yet another ground assault/battlefront in less than 10 years.  These wars have contributed massively to our public debts of both money and standing.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to G0DVERNMENT's comment:

how many times are they going to cry wolf? We heard this same song and dance at lease three times and in each case it was the Mercenaries terrorist the western press calls "rebels" who were behind it every single time. There is absolutely no motive or reason for Assad to suddenly use chemical weapons in a war that he is winning. This is NATO trying to create a pretext for themselves to jump in and save the terrorist they hired who have failed worst than the Bay of Pigs. -Ryan Dawson

Exactly.

They should know that only Americans are qualified to invade foreign countries and set up cardboard regimes.