In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

In response to macnh1's comment:

$67 million missing in government...nobody cares..it's bush's fault...

$67 million missing in private sector...someone goes to prison....

I support government control of healthcare....

So who are all these bankers that did the perp walk?

I must've missed that....

And explain to me again how you lock up a corporation?

Geeze....

So you don;t know that executives in the private sector with fiduciary duties and CFO's who sign off on SEC filings go to jail when they steal, misappropriate, mislead, or misrepresent their financials????  Surely you know this....

Those are nice sentiments but where are all these indictments?

Are you saying that no one broke the law in the last market meltdown?

And that is one person person in the corporation. I ask again, how do you lock up a corporation that commits fraud? Aren't "corporation people my friend"?

I guess you want me to believe that all of the fines paid by Goldman Sachs et al without admitting guilt, is an actual deterent to these corps.

go get a cpa, be a cfo and intentionally misreperesent your revenue in your SEC filings for a public company.....you'll get jail time.....in government you'd get promoted.....

21 people were convicted or plead guilty in the Enron scandal...WHY???  because they had fiduciary responsibilities....its how executives go to jail when they steal or screw up.....i cant believe you dont know this.....

Let me put this succinctly:

How many CFO's would've gone to jail for "not track(ing) all costs associated with implementation" of anything within their company?

None.

"Not tracking" <=> Fraud.  Get it?

$67 million doesnt vanish into thin air in private industry...that's only allowed in government...and you are proving my point...nobody cares beacuase its the norm in government. 

Hey dipstick, have you ever looked at the balance sheet of any large corporation?

You ever notice such entries as: "Misc liabilities", "Other liabilities", "Other expenses" "Unusual expense" etc.

That's where large public companies put the money that "vanishes into thin air". No explanation, no itemization, just one big "Other".

So just quit with you ridiculous false equivalencies, you're trying too hard and it shows.

Dipstick??  you shouldnt call people names....its impolite and cowardly.

so an account on an SEC regulated company has no detail....internal audit comes in and asks why, what, and demands backup for the expenses in that fund, then external audit comes in does the same, internal and external audit present findings to the audit committee who reports to the board, then the sec asks questions and sends in their people, then investors question it and so on and so on...you live in fantasy world...private industry doesnt lose $67 million without explanation...you obviously know little about corporate america....and stop calling me names...i dont do it to you....or anybody here.  its cowardly to call someone a name in a chat room who you wouldnt call a name to his face.  be polite....its not my fault you are frustrated with your life and your shortcomings....have a great weekend and be nice to people....

You're right ... I shouldn't have such a kneejek reaction just because you call people hypocrits etc., I should be above that. Mea culpa and enjoy your self-granted immunity from such restraint.

In case you haven't noticed but this is an internal accounting for direct costs in an inter-agency transaction and was done in accordance with the policies for such actions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The IRS established a methodology to track ACA costs in its accounting records. However, the IRS accounted for only direct costs, such as labor and contract costs, because it did not believe that indirect costs should be recovered from the HIRIF, TIGTA pointed out. The IRS’s use of HIRIF funding only for ACA direct costs is consistent with the HIRIF requirements.
    Accounting Today web site.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just like with your private company scenario, if there is a problem then an audit by the GAO can be performed to find and attribute the indirect costs associated with the program.

Funny how you would automatically give the corporation a pass in such a situation and just assume everything that they do is on the up-and-up yet you immediately charge the IRS with fraud without a shred of evidence. Do you actually think that some employee was able to swindle $67 million from the IRS without getting caught? Seriously?

You wingnuts keep playing judge, jury and executioner and create these alternate realities in your heads where you just "know stuff", absent any facts or evidence.

That crystal ball comes in pretty handy I guess.

Apparently hundreds of millions goes missing from the government every year.  Medicaid fraud, IRS Obamacare enforcement, the big dig.

yep. 

Sorry to keep having to expose your ignorance on so many issues but you're so wrong on so many things it's comical.

First of all, Medicare/Medicaid contract with more private sector companies than the agency has on it's payroll. That would make your scenario a failure of privatization and not a gov't problem.

Second, the Big Dig was built entirely by private corporations. They were the ones with the ultimate responsibility to build the project on time, on budget so again it was a failure of the private sector.

So ya see spanky, you really don't have a feakin clue what you're babbling about and you just regurgitate your same old lame, tired tropes and making yourself look dumber and dumber each and every time.

Failure of privatization? Who collects the money?  Who doles it out?  It is government.

but, like many things, the problem is not so much in the dollars that are stolen, but that government does not have the right or responsibility to take and redistribute money for this purpose in the first place.

government is improper in its power by usurping of personal responsibility When it comes to health care.

so, who collected and paid for the Big dig?

you see, spanky ( I'm assuming that is a term of endearment), when government is improperly involved, and controls the collection and disbursement for things, there is fraud. That. Is a government issue, they are responsible.  The difference between responsibility and authority between the public and private sector is that noone goes to jail on the government side. 

as far as the. Original issue, the money missing at the IRS: seeing that't he government won't frog-March Lerner for possible crimes against the people, I doubt finding who misappropriated the $67 million will get onto their radar.  It's just breakage to them.  Ask your friends in retail what breakage really is.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Re: $67 Million of Obamacare Funds Allocated to IRS Are 'Missing'

didn't that $67 million in up in the Pentagon ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

How about that 600 billion we spend on the military, almost 500 billion more then the second highest

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:

How about that 600 billion we spend on the military, almost 500 billion more then the second highest

Drifting all around the sandbox because, at the end of the day, you are fine with government corruption to the tune of $67 billion, as long as you gets you some free healthcare.

Sections
Shortcuts