9 Ways the Right’s Ayn Randian Experiment Screws Over the Young

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Re: 9 Ways the Right’s Ayn Randian Experiment Screws Over the Young

Ya, boy. Things are certainly getting positively randian around here. Why, the government has dwindled to the point where it's practically non-existant! And our individual rights to privacy and to live our lives without government intrusion or scrutiny has absolutely become endemic. Why, I'm not even sure that my own government knows I exist! It's awful I tells ya, just awful.

--

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

Ya, boy. Things are certainly getting positively randian around here. Why, the government has dwindled to the point where it's practically non-existant! And our individual rights to privacy and to live our lives without government intrusion or scrutiny has absolutely become endemic. Why, I'm not even sure that my own government knows I exist! It's awful I tells ya, just awful.

--

SB,

Know what you mean. Like, I used to be proud of the file our FBI had on me. Now, for all I know, it is in the circular bin.

Or being pulled out of airport security lines for "random checks". Now, I have to utilize the body scan option because I have a lot of metal in the leg I broke last year. And it ain't going anywhere.

Think I could even put Dead stickers and such back on my car and not fear being pullled over for a random stop.

Not used to this unbearable feeling of lightness. Used to being paranoid because there was something to be paranoid about.

That is is. Going to meet one of my real life conservative Republican friends for a late lunch in a tye dyed maxi dress, sandals and no makeup. 

I am coming out from under the radar w/o fear. My luck, others with think it is just a reto fashion tread.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

--

You are soooo right.  Just yesterday, I went to Town Hall to check on something, and the place was deserted.  Then I remembered it was Friday, you know, "work blindness" day for these poor unfortunate government workers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

[QUOTE]

--

You are soooo right.  Just yesterday, I went to Town Hall to check on something, and the place was deserted.  Then I remembered it was Friday, you know, "work blindness" day for these poor unfortunate government workers.

[/QUOTE]

skeeter,

On another thread I believe you said you joined the Democrat party. You had 2 bumper stickers on your car. A picture of President Obama above your desk.

Even dressing down. Doing canvassing and rallies etc.

Just so you know. You do not sound much like one of those darn Democrats in this post.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to andiejen's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

--

[/QUOTE]

skeeter,

On another thread I believe you said you joined the Democrat party. You had 2 bumper stickers on your car. A picture of President Obama above your desk.

Just so you know. You do not sound much like one of those darn Democrats in this post.

[/QUOTE]

I'm gearing up for my next phase, "Speaking Truth to Power".

Just need to wait for the Republicans to get back in office, then it's GAME ON, BABY!!!

Everyone knows you can't speak truth to power to Democrats.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Gee, who would have thoght the OP of this thread lifted the HEADLINE directly from an article bt RJ Eskow, without giving him credit.

http://www.alternet.org/ayn-rand-0

Maybe the OP reads/gets AltNet.com and saw this earlier this week?

The full article can be found by the author at the above site...you know one of those "librul" sites.

This post is in the name of full disclosure.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to andiejen's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

skeeter,

There you go again to paraphrase Reagan. "Everyone knows..." I did not know you knew everybody. Man, you would be the 1st person to have achieved that as well as solicit their opinion on this topic. 

Republicans in GENERAL are better at naming things and catch phrases. Drill Baby Drill, You betcha, Death Panels, etc... Notice I wrote in general , not an absolute. I do not know everbody , much less their opinions on everything.

So GAME ON? Game has been on in the GOP controlled House and the filibuster happy Republicans in the Senate. 

But as people say to me...You Go Girl...heh You Go Skeeter! If and when the GOP ever gets organized and disiplined again so we truly have two major political parties, not so much game on, skeeter, but let us start moving forward again together. We are all in this together...We are all playing in the same band.... We all inhabit the same planet.... We all want what is best for our children. Ring a bell. Any bell? I know you are smart. I do not have to spell out the references. The sentiments I hope we agree on. How we proceed ...well the "devil is in the details" no disrespect to your religion. It is just a well known phrase that applies.

[QUOTE]

--

[/QUOTE]

skeeter,

[/QUOTE]

I'm gearing up for my next phase, "Speaking Truth to Power".

Just need to wait for the Republicans to get back in office, then it's GAME ON, BABY!!!

Everyone knows you can't speak truth to power to Democrats.

[/QUOTE]