A&E really stuck to their guns on this one...haha...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

A&E really stuck to their guns on this one...haha...

Phil Robertson Back On 'Duck Dynasty': A&E Brings Back Reality Star After Short Suspension

A&E has lifted its suspension on "Duck Dynasty" star Phil Robertson after less than two weeks.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/27/phil-robertson-back-duck-dynasty_n_4509697.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: A&E really stuck to their guns on this one...haha...

You have to love how their "short suspension" coincided with the show's break anyhow. I remember when A&E used to be about ..well...arts and entertainment.

I don't like or agree with what this duck dynasty guy said. I certainly don't think he speaks for most Christians...and in my opinion he lacks an understanding of the Bible..but this is the problem I have with A&E's faux suspension. This duck dynasty guy is who he is and guys like him are a dime a dozen. A&E created this character and profited off of his clear ignorance. It's his schtick. His comments were not out of character for him or "his character" so the fake outrage displayed by A&E really lacked sincerity.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

You have to love how their "short suspension" coincided with the show's break anyhow. I remember when A&E used to be about ..well...arts and entertainment.

I don't like or agree with what this duck dynasty guy said. I certainly don't think he speaks for most Christians...and in my opinion he lacks an understanding of the Bible..but this is the problem I have with A&E's faux suspension. This duck dynasty guy is who he is and guys like him are a dime a dozen. A&E created this character and profited off of his clear ignorance. It's his schtick. His comments were not out of character for him or "his character" so the fake outrage displayed by A&E really lacked sincerity.

Couldn't agree more with what you posted. Well said. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

B I N G O  DAT !!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

B I N G O  DAT !!!!

Bill,

Though I was offended by what Phil Roberson said in his GQ interview, the title of this thread is "A&E realy stuck to their guns on this one..haha...". Do not know if the "haha" was intended to mean amusement or scorn...both definitions of that "phrase" if you will.

A&E suspended Phil. Now they have re-instated him. As his employer that is not at all contrary to "sticking to their guns". 

They had every right to suspend him as his employer. Every right to re-instate him as his employer.

People are voting with their "feet"on this one. Walmart's inventory of Duck Dynasty mercahndise was cleaned out before Xmas. Duck Dynasty is the most successful reality show in history.

My husband and sat down to watch one of their holiday special that were available in ON DEMAND. 43 minutes with just of course a commercial or two. Sure the original airing was an hour with all the commercials.

After 10 minutes he said he just could not take it anymore. He felt his IQ lowering with each passing moment.

But that is us.

As for A&E's brand. I had already posted that A&E used to mean somethign very different. But that is their choice. Everybody has the choice to just not watch. 

And those who love this show have the right to have their show. 

Their was no hypocisy by A&E in this case as the thread very much implies.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

"Their" absolutely was hypocrisy on the part of A&E. The network suspended him indefinitely for what he said. But because of money they suddenly became ok with what he said since the indefinite suspension lasted a whole two weeks. The suspension did nothing since the show was in the midst of filming a new season. He won't be missing from any episodes. He also lost no money from the "indefinite" suspension. The network caved due to MONEY. Funny how the network had no moral issues once they realized how much money they might lose due to the backlash....hence my mocking the network "sticking to their guns"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

"Their" absolutely was hypocrisy on the part of A&E. The network suspended him indefinitely for what he said. But because of money they suddenly became ok with what he said since the indefinite suspension lasted a whole two weeks. The suspension did nothing since the show was in the midst of filming a new season. He won't be missing from any episodes. He also lost no money from the "indefinite" suspension. The network caved due to MONEY. Funny how the network had no moral issues once they realized how much money they might lose due to the backlash....hence my mocking the network "sticking to their guns"

+1

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

I'll stick to the Seinfeld re-runs.

Laughing

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:

Laughing

Haha...I had not even heard of Duck Dynasty before this controversy. I agree. At the end of the day I would prefer Seinfeld or Big Bang Theory reruns over almost anything else on TV.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Laughing

Haha...I had not even heard of Duck Dynasty before this controversy. I agree. At the end of the day I would prefer Seinfeld or Big Bang Theory reruns over almost anything else on TV.

How about "Castle" ?? 

Laughing. Use left and right arrows to navigate.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Laughing

Big fan of Big Bang Theory. Very funny show. Of course Seinfeld is still a favorite. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to yogafriend's comment:

Laughing

How about "Castle" ?? 

Hmm..Yogafriend I do love Castle ( and Elementary). Nathan Fillion is amazing in that show..in oh so many ways if you catch my drift ;-)  This reminds me that I have several episodes of both shows waiting to view on the DVR.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Just wanted to wish all my friends in the politics forum ( and beyond) a very Happy New Year since I will not be back on until next year.

I hope 2014 brings you all lots of joy, love and peace.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Just wanted to wish all my friends in the politics forum ( and beyond) a very Happy New Year since I will not be back on until next year.

I hope 2014 brings you all lots of joy, love and peace.

Same to you miscricket! Enjoy!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Laughing

How about "Castle" ?? 

Hmm..Yogafriend I do love Castle ( and Elementary). Nathan Fillion is amazing in that show..in oh so many ways if you catch my drift ;-)  This reminds me that I have several episodes of both shows waiting to view on the DVR.

It's become one of my favorite shows, and a great escape.  Beckett is one of the best female characters in any "lineup" :)  and considering the show is pure entertainment, her character has complexity and depth.  Next week it returns to new episodes.  Catch up soon.  

Happy New Year (and to "46" as well); stay the course.   There's more dysfunction in this forum than I alone can describe (!), but you two seem to have the right attitude and know how to let it roll off your back.  All in all, "It's only a movie.", although lately, it seems that it's being used as a personal blog.  :)

Ring in the new year with good intentions and a happy heart.   Peace. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Laughing

Me also. Not even a close call.

Genius writing and acting.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

I think it was unrealistic to assume that A&E would have taken any steps to remove him from the show, I figured their suspension was more PR related in that it didn't cost them anything (if anything reruns got a short term boost in ratings) and they got to look responsive to the comments made int he GQ article.  And as it happened the indefinite suspension, meaning without a committed duration, last only a couple of weeks which is probably best for all parties involved.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Hahahaha....sigh...too funny

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

It's become one of my favorite shows, and a great escape.  Beckett is one of the best female characters in any "lineup" :)  and considering the show is pure entertainment, her character has complexity and depth.  Next week it returns to new episodes.  Catch up soon.  

Happy New Year (and to "46" as well); stay the course.   There's more dysfunction in this forum than I alone can describe (!), but you two seem to have the right attitude and know how to let it roll off your back.  All in all, "It's only a movie.", although lately, it seems that it's being used as a personal blog.  :)

Ring in the new year with good intentions and a happy heart.   Peace. 

Good morning and Happy 2014 Yogafriend. Thank you so much for your kind words. Like "46" ....I take the kind words very seriously.

There is always a bit of dynsfunction in forums such as this but overall the good outweighs the bad. I think 95% of the posters on this site have the right attitude...and yes..I fear we are in a period of time where the politics forum is being used as a personal blog. ( personally I find wordpress a better tool for such things!)

As you said.."it's only a movie".

Peace to you as well.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Off topic...posters using this forum as a personal blog.

Great example above. What does the above post have to do with "A&E REALLY STUCK TO THEIR GUNS" ?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to andiejen's comment:

Great example above. What does the above post have to do with "A&E REALLY STUCK TO THEIR GUNS" ?

You do realize that the majority of your posts tend to go astray. Like the your own post above. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Pot. Kettle. Black.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

You do realize that the majority of your posts tend to go astray. Like the your own post above. 

BINGO!!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

MONEY!

Duck Dynasty threatened to stop the show; A&E cratered!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

Oh my goodness.    Now, what's the problem, really?  

Why are you yelling?   The headline of this thread is not in all CAPS.   Proper netiquette is such that all CAPS are rude, and signify yelling; please be advised.

Sadly, since you do not have a sense of humor, nor are you light-hearted like MsCricket, you did not copy the sentence that I wrote in full, because it ended with a smiley face:  :).    My emoticons aren't working properly, so I have to type them in, but what that signfies is a light-hearted comment, nothing more.   If you are going to copy and paste, as you do in almost every thread, punctuation counts, so don't be sloppy.  :). (hint: this is also a light-hearted comment coming from me)

Why did you take it personally?  Why do so many comments strike raw nerves in you?  Seems like you'd be better off thinking about that, then policing "OT" remarks.  GL and drive carefully, the roads are worrisome today. 

Sections
Shortcuts