A brief who's who in the IRS scandal.

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Re: A brief who's who in the IRS scandal.

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

When Republicans asked Mr. Miller whether the targeting of conservative groups was divulged to Obama administration officials outside the I.R.S., Mr. Miller said “that would be a violation of law.”

“I would be shocked” if that occurred, he said.

Oooops.

THAT'S your gotcha moment? Because of course no one has ever broken the law before....hahahaha

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

When Republicans asked Mr. Miller whether the targeting of conservative groups was divulged to Obama administration officials outside the I.R.S., Mr. Miller said “that would be a violation of law.”

Oooops.

THAT'S your defense? Because of course no one has ever broken the law before....hahahaha

What the heck are you smoking?

So now in order for Obama to know about this someone would've had to break the law but that's no reason for Obama not to know about it.... because someone didn't break the law to tell him.

How stupid are you?

Actually I think you've been hitting the grain alcohol again. You've been one confused fool all day long. Yikes. Just as well you cowered that day. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Oooops.

THAT'S your defense? Because of course no one has ever broken the law before....hahahaha

What the heck are you smoking?

So now in order for Obama to know about this someone would've had to break the law but that's no reason for Obama not to know about it.... because someone didn't break the law to tell him.

How stupid are you?

Actually I think you've been hitting the grain alcohol again. You've been one confused fool all day long. Yikes. Just as well you cowered that day. 

Back to the internet tough guy thing.

Typical when you get you backside handed to you, start talking tough on an anonymous website.

Says the guy calling me 'stupid'. Seriously....glass house...glass house.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

uh oh!!!

WASHINGTON — The Treasury Department’s inspector general told senior Treasury officials in June 2012 he was investigating allegations that the Internal Revenue Service had targeted conservative groups, disclosing for the first time on Friday that Obama administration officials were aware of the matter during the presidential campaign year.

Shlt just got real

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/18/us/politics/irs-scandal-congressional-hearings.html?_r=0

Obama last week "I heard about this from the news just like you guys did yesterday"

BOOOM!!!!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

"I would be shocked if that occurred"

lol, what did you expect him to say; that's illegal but, happens all the time?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

Why ain't the SCOTUS being blamed for this mess ?

Perhaps because they have nothing to do with it.

You libs who b*itch about campaign spending, your beef is with the 18th Century versions of the Koch Brothers, the Founding Fathers and their First Amendment, which messes with your beloved government controlling everything.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

To my other 0311 friend .... maybe about 40 % of the population but not 50 % 

Okay then!

And BTW, I was originally a 4033. The DIs had no idea what it was when they were telling us where we were going just before graduation.

My Commanding General , Major General A Gray , once said to us  every Marine is a rifleman first .

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

WASHINGTON — The Treasury Department’s inspector general told senior Treasury officials in June 2012 he was auditing the Internal Revenue Service’s screening of politically active organizations seeking tax exemptions, disclosing for the first time on Friday that Obama administration officials were aware of the matter during the presidential campaign year.    

BOOM   

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Here's the interesting thing, the majority of the key players joined the IRS during Bush administration.

Lois Lerner: Oversaw tax-exempt groups at the IRS, started at the IRS in 2001.

Douglas Shulman: The former IRS commissioner was appointed by George W. Bush.

Steven Miller: The acting IRS commissioner since November and was the first to announce his resignation at the behest of President Obama on Wednesday.

Joseph Grant: Commissioner of the IRS’ tax exempt and government entities division, joined the IRS in 2005

J. Russell George: The Treasury inspector general for the tax administration, was appointed in 2004 by then-President George W. Bush.

Daniel Werfel: President Obama said Thursday that he would assign Werfel, who’s currently the controller of the White House Office of Management and Budget, as his new acting IRS Commissioner. Werfel served under former President George W. Bush on the Federal Accounting and Standards Advisory Board.

Here' what I get out of your post.  your position is:  Bush did it and Obama is innocent.

Does that hit the nail on the head?

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

Yes, it was the Bush operatives at IRS who were targeting conservatives and the fact that the guy who is falling on the sword is resigning in two weeks anyway is pure coincidense.  Its all so clear now.

Wow

Yes, it was the Bush Obama operatives at IRS who were targeting conservatives and the fact that the guy who is falling on the sword is resigning in two weeks anyway is pure coincidense.  Its all so clear now.

Wow

So, again, what's your point? All is ok because these people joined the IRS during the Bush years?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

Here's the interesting thing, the majority of the key players joined the IRS during Bush administration.

Lois Lerner: Oversaw tax-exempt groups at the IRS, started at the IRS in 2001.

Douglas Shulman: The former IRS commissioner was appointed by George W. Bush.

Steven Miller: The acting IRS commissioner since November and was the first to announce his resignation at the behest of President Obama on Wednesday.

Joseph Grant: Commissioner of the IRS’ tax exempt and government entities division, joined the IRS in 2005

J. Russell George: The Treasury inspector general for the tax administration, was appointed in 2004 by then-President George W. Bush.

Daniel Werfel: President Obama said Thursday that he would assign Werfel, who’s currently the controller of the White House Office of Management and Budget, as his new acting IRS Commissioner. Werfel served under former President George W. Bush on the Federal Accounting and Standards Advisory Board.

You do understand none of that matters right?

If, I take a job running a company say the size of Exxon/Mobil and 4 years later they find that during my tenure things have went really wrong. Do I get to say: wait I didnt know anything about that aspect of the company and those dept heads were there before me so, I have nothing to do with it?

That's one of the funniest attempts at a false equivocation I've seen in a long time.

The IRS isn't the only dept in the gov't.

Did the CEO of Exxon lose his job over the Valdez accident?

Was he even questioned publically on his tenure or in the subsequent court cases?

Do you have any news stories where his performance as CEO was questioned?

Ya, I didn't think so.

Neo-cons sure do love their inane comparisons.

Right. The IRS isn't the only department. So far, we have the IRS, Homeland Security, EPA, targeting conservatives. What department will be next?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

Yes, it was the Bush operatives at IRS who were targeting conservatives and the fact that the guy who is falling on the sword is resigning in two weeks anyway is pure coincidense.  Its all so clear now.

Wow

Yes, it was the Bush Obama operatives at IRS who were targeting conservatives and the fact that the guy who is falling on the sword is resigning in two weeks anyway is pure coincidense.  Its all so clear now.

Wow

So, again, what's your point? All is ok because these people joined the IRS during the Bush years?

Point is...The Republicans have defeated all Obama's efforts to appoint someone. Therefore, it is run by holdovers from Bush. 

Picture the IRS version of "heckuva job" Brownie.  And what do republicans hate more than taxes?  Nothing!, so they put these stooges in place(to be ineffective) then they prevent them from being replaced by the next administration.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to UserName99's comment:

In response to skeeter20's comment:

Wow

Wow

Point is...The Republicans have defeated all Obama's efforts to appoint someone. Therefore, it is run by holdovers from Bush. 

Picture the IRS version of "heckuva job" Brownie.  And what do republicans hate more than taxes?  Nothing!, so they put these stooges in place(to be ineffective) then they prevent them from being replaced by the next administration.

So it IS Bush's fault.

OK.  Glad we cleared that up.

BTW:  Do you have any proof that Obama's nominees was blocked, or did he just not get around to appointing anyone?