A Conservative Explains Why Right-Wingers Have No Compassion

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

A Conservative Explains Why Right-Wingers Have No Compassion

A former Republican Senate Congressional staffer on why right-wingers think people without insurance deserve to die.
    Photo Credit: DonkeyHotey
    LIKE THIS ARTICLE ?
    Join our mailing list:

Although Mitt Romney used the word "conservative" 19 times in a short speech at the February 10, 2012, Conservative Political Action Conference, the audience he used this word to appeal to was not conservative by any traditional definition. It was right wing. Despite the common American practice of using "conservative" and "right wing" interchangeably, right wing is not a synonym for conservative and not even a true variant of conservatism - although the right wing will opportunistically borrow conservative themes as required.

Right-wingers have occasioned much recent comment. Their behavior in the Republican debates has caused even jaded observers to react like an Oxford don stumbling upon a tribe of headhunting cannibals. In those debates where the moderators did not enforce decorum, these right-wingers, the Republican base, behaved with a single lack of dignity. For a group that displays its supposed pro-life credentials like a neon sign, the biggest applause lines resulted from their hearing about executions or the prospect of someone dying without health insurance.

http://www.alternet.org/visions/154194/a_conservative_explains_why_right-wingers_have_no_compassion/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re: A Conservative Explains Why Right-Wingers Have No Compassion

In Response to A Conservative Explains Why Right-Wingers Have No Compassion:
    [QUOTE]A former Republican Senate Congressional staffer on why right-wingers think people without insurance deserve to die. February 17, 2012 | Photo Credit: DonkeyHotey LIKE THIS ARTICLE ? Join our mailing list: Sign up to stay up to date on the latest Visions headlines via email. Although Mitt Romney used the word "conservative" 19 times in a short speech at the February 10, 2012, Conservative Political Action Conference , the audience he used this word to appeal to was not conservative by any traditional definition. It was right wing. Despite the common American practice of using "conservative" and "right wing" interchangeably, right wing is not a synonym for conservative and not even a true variant of conservatism - although the right wing will opportunistically borrow conservative themes as required. Right-wingers have occasioned much recent comment. Their behavior in the Republican debates has caused even jaded observers to react like an Oxford don stumbling upon a tribe of headhunting cannibals. In those debates where the moderators did not enforce decorum, these right-wingers, the Republican base, behaved with a single lack of dignity. For a group that displays its supposed pro-life credentials like a neon sign, the biggest applause lines resulted from their hearing about executions or the prospect of someone dying without health insurance. http://www.alternet.org/visions/154194/a_conservative_explains_why_right-wingers_have_no_compassion/
    Posted by beKool[/QUOTE]

It is just so much better to put the decisions about whether to care for yourself into the hands of some desk jockey in a government agency in Washington.

Most health care is not about life and death.  That insurance is actually comparatively cheap.  It is called catastrophic illness insurance.

What drives the cost up for the uninsured are things like emergency room visits for headaches, sore feet, and detox.  If you think going to an emergency room for a headache is a good idea, then society has failed to educate you as to your responsibility to take care of yourself.

I'm sorry, but, except for the truly needy, not 50% of the population, the heck with 'em.  You had 12 years of school.  somewhere along the line you must have learned that the world is a bad place and you need to prepare for things like economic downturns and health issues beyond the importance of wearing a condom.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

For a group that displays its supposed pro-life credentials like a neon sign, the biggest applause lines resulted from their hearing about executions or the prospect of someone dying without health insurance.

I see you are in that group.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rockyracoon. Show rockyracoon's posts

In Response to Re: A Conservative Explains Why Right-Wingers Have No Compassion:
    [QUOTE]In Response to A Conservative Explains Why Right-Wingers Have No Compassion : It is just so much better to put the decisions about whether to care for yourself into the hands of some desk jockey in a government agency in Washington. Most health care is not about life and death.  That insurance is actually comparatively cheap.  It is called catastrophic illness insurance. What drives the cost up for the uninsured are things like emergency room visits for headaches, sore feet, and detox.  If you think going to an emergency room for a headache is a good idea, then society has failed to educate you as to your responsibility to take care of yourself. I'm sorry, but, except for the truly needy, not 50% of the population, the heck with 'em.  You had 12 years of school.  somewhere along the line you must have learned that the world is a bad place and you need to prepare for things like economic downturns and health issues beyond the importance of wearing a condom.
    Posted by skeeter20[/QUOTE 
    So sayeth the Lord Jesus Christ!!!!!!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In Response to Re: A Conservative Explains Why Right-Wingers Have No Compassion:
    [QUOTE]It appears skeetard has been a doctor at some point, too. Too freakin funny! Yep, no need to treat potentially fatal precursors like high cholesterol or diabetes until the patient has crossed the Rubicon. Apparently waiting to treat only the major health events like heart attacks or insulin shock is much more cost effective. Preventative medicine is just soo overrated.
    Posted by airborne-rgr[/QUOTE]

*sigh*

Typical lack of comprehension, I see.

You are obviously one of those that went through 12 years of government education and never learned to take care of yourself, which includes working for and acquiring insurance if you need it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Conservative Explains Why Right-Wingers Have No Compassion : [QUOTE]In Response to A Conservative Explains Why Right-Wingers Have No Compassion : It is just so much better to put the decisions about whether to care for yourself into the hands of some desk jockey in a government agency in Washington. Most health care is not about life and death.  That insurance is actually comparatively cheap.  It is called catastrophic illness insurance. What drives the cost up for the uninsured are things like emergency room visits for headaches, sore feet, and detox.  If you think going to an emergency room for a headache is a good idea, then society has failed to educate you as to your responsibility to take care of yourself. I'm sorry, but, except for the truly needy, not 50% of the population, the heck with 'em.  You had 12 years of school.  somewhere along the line you must have learned that the world is a bad place and you need to prepare for things like economic downturns and health issues beyond the importance of wearing a condom. Posted by skeeter20[/QUOTE  So sayeth the Lord Jesus Christ!!!!!!
    Posted by rockyracoon[/QUOTE]

Is there a point here, or is this some progressive code/insult to those of faith?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Conservative Explains Why Right-Wingers Have No Compassion : For a group that is supposedly compassionate about preventing the deaths of criminals at the hands of the state and preventing people from dying because they have no insurance, it is clear your compassion is fake as you defend the snuffing of millions of innocent lives in abortions.
    Posted by Newtster[/QUOTE]

You see: many people have a different definition of "life" than you do.  A fertilized egg is not the same as Albert Einstein.  Not at all. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Conservative Explains Why Right-Wingers Have No Compassion : For a group that is supposedly compassionate about preventing the deaths of criminals at the hands of the state and preventing people from dying because they have no insurance, it is clear your compassion is fake as you defend the snuffing of millions of innocent lives in abortions.
    Posted by Newtster[/QUOTE]

I am like you nut i mean newt. I  am  pro life sometimes , you know like the republican far right which you are a member of judging from your response. Remember your bible where its said we are all BORN into sin so there is nothing like a innocent life . Oh thats right you are only pro bible sometimes also . Talk about fake . LMLAO

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from altonjones. Show altonjones's posts

Your mother was pro-life.........

I was pro-life twice for my two daughters to be born, other than that I used birth control and then had a vascectomy in my later years. 

Does that make me pro-choice?  I think abortion is a horrible way deal with an unwanted pregnancy, but it is still the "mothers right" to chose.  And it's the law!

My problem is the people or groups that think my tax dollars should pay for an abortion of some lazy-welfare-cow that was too buzzed to stop at CVS for a 12-pack of condoms.

If my tax dollars are not involved, have all the abortions you want, it keeps those types of medical centers in business and adds jobs!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: A Conservative Explains Why Right-Wingers Have No Compassion : A fertilized egg is not a person for the purpose of application of law.
    Posted by airborne-rgr[/QUOTE]

I don't think that is the question.  The question is it is alive?  The legal question is if you can kill it without it being considered murder.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]Of course it's the question. One can kill all sorts of things that are alive without a murder charge. The question is whether it is a person. A human being. Pro-Lifers desparate attempt to avoid that question proves its merit. The second the question becomes "is this a person, a living human being"... ...is the second a pro-lifer has to say when a fetus crosses that line. Because we can all agree that a fertilized egg most certainly is not a person. Have fun running away.
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE]

You think a relativistic declaration as to when people THINK life begins is superior to a scientific explanation of WHEN it ACTUALLY begins?

Wow.  So, your OPINION or IDEOLOGY trumps science, but only in this case.