a fathers response to SHES

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

a fathers response to SHES

COLUMBINE STUDENT'S FATHER 12 YEARS LATER !!
    Guess our national leaders didn't expect this. On Thursday, Darrell Scott, the father of Rachel Scott, a victim of the Columbine High School shootings in Littleton, Colorado, was invited to addre...ss the House Judiciary Committee's subcommittee. What he said to our national leaders during this special session of Congress was painfully truthful.

They were not prepared for what he was to say, nor was it received well. It needs to be heard by every parent, every teacher, every politician, every sociologist, every psychologist, and every so-called expert! These courageous words spoken by Darrell Scott are powerful, penetrating, and deeply personal. There is no doubt that God sent this man as a voice crying in the wilderness.. The following is a portion of the transcript:
    "Since the dawn of creation there has been both good & evil in the hearts of men and women. We all contain the seeds of kindness or the seeds of violence. The death of my wonderful daughter, Rachel Joy Scott, and the deaths of that heroic teacher, and the other eleven children who died must not be in vain. Their blood cries out for answers.

"The first recorded act of violence was when Cain slew his brother Abel out in the field. The villain was not the club he used.. Neither was it the NCA, the National Club Association. The true killer was Cain, and the reason for the murder could only be found in Cain's heart.

"In the days that followed the Columbine tragedy, I was amazed at how quickly fingers began to be pointed at groups such as the NRA. I am not a member of the NRA. I am not a hunter. I do not even own a gun. I am not here to represent or defend the NRA - because I don't believe that they are responsible for my daughter's death.

Therefore I do not believe that they need to be defended. If I believed they had anything to do with Rachel's murder I would be their strongest opponent.

I am here today to declare that Columbine was not just a tragedy -- it was a spiritual event that should be forcing us to look at where the real blame lies! Much of the blame lies here in this room. Much of the blame lies behind the pointing fingers of the accusers themselves. I wrote a poem just four nights ago that expresses my feelings best.

Your laws ignore our deepest needs,
    Your words are empty air.
    You've stripped away our heritage,
    You've outlawed simple prayer.
    Now gunshots fill our classrooms,
    And precious children die.
    You seek for answers everywhere,
    And ask the question "Why?"
    You regulate restrictive laws,
    Through legislative creed.
    And yet you fail to understand,
    That God is what we need!

"Men and women are three-part beings. We all consist of body, mind, and spirit. When we refuse to acknowledge a third part of our make-up, we create a void that allows evil, prejudice, and hatred to rush in and wreak havoc. Spiritual presences were present within our educational systems for most of our nation's history. Many of our major colleges began as theological seminaries. This is a historical fact. What has happened to us as a nation? We have refused to honor God, and in so doing, we open the doors to hatred and violence. And when something as terrible as Columbine's tragedy occurs -- politicians immediately look for a scapegoat such as the NRA. They immediately seek to pass more restrictive laws that contribute to erode away our personal and private liberties. We do not need more restrictive laws. Eric and Dylan would not have been stopped by metal detectors. No amount of gun laws can stop someone who spends months planning this type of massacre. The real villain lies within our own hearts.

"As my son Craig lay under that table in the school library and saw his two friends murdered before his very eyes, he did not hesitate to pray in school. I defy any law or politician to deny him that right! I challenge every young person in America , and around the world, to realize that on April 20, 1999, at Columbine High School prayer was brought back to our schools. Do not let the many prayers offered by those students be in vain. Dare to move into the new millennium with a sacred disregard for legislation that violates your God-given right to communicate with Him. To those of you who would point your finger at the NRA -- I give to you a sincere challenge.. Dare to examine your own heart before casting the first stone!

My daughter's death will not be in vain! The young people of this country will not allow that to happen!"

- Darrell Scott
    Do what the media did not - - let the nation hear this man's speech. Please send this out to everyone you can.
    God Bless
    See More

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re: a fathers response to SHES

Powerful stuff.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

He may have a personal stake in this issue, but it does not mean he is right.  You don't need religion to be a good person.  There are a lot of religious zealots who have done great harm, just as there are a number of atheists who followed the same path. We can make effective rules in our secular society to better protect our citizenry.  There are always going to be crazies in our society, we just have to minimize their impact. Restricting weapons of mass mayhem will help in this regard.  Europe has done it (and they are even more secular than us) and they don't have the massacres we do.  We can do it too.  Such an approach is much more direct and realistic than trying to fix an alleged spiritual void in society.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Translation: gun laws don't work, but praying to an imaginary being will.

Some people will believe anything.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to Reubenhop's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He may have a personal stake in this issue, but it does not mean he is right.  You don't need religion to be a good person.  There are a lot of religious zealots who have done great harm, just as there are a number of atheists who followed the same path. We can make effective rules in our secular society to better protect our citizenry.  There are always going to be crazies in our society, we just have to minimize their impact. Restricting weapons of mass mayhem will help in this regard.  Europe has done it (and they are even more secular than us) and they don't have the massacres we do.  We can do it too.  Such an approach is much more direct and realistic than trying to fix an alleged spiritual void in society.

[/QUOTE]

How will the govt regulating guns, ammo etc have an impact??

Heroin and Cocaine are illegal and redily available to people outside the law!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are half right. Gun laws work as well as laws making it a crime to possess cocaine, heroin do!!

The country needs people with more respect for life and a conscience! How do you think we should try to instill those things??

Do you understand he could have killed as many or more with different readily availble weapons??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to tvoter's comment:

How will schol prayer have an impact? 

Do you, like Huckabee, believe the evil belief that God had 20 children killed to punish the school system for not instituting school prayer?

[/QUOTE]

Religion was promoted by leaders during the dark ages to try and instill a sense of "fear for doing bad things".

People who are in a violent, abusive enviroment turn to violence as a catalyst for getting thier way or as punishment for those they perceive as wrong doers.

Mentally ill people cannot always distingush right from wrong and may have no respect for life or even be dillusional or paranoid and dillisional.

The GUNS are not the problem; FACE the real problem!! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[QUOTE]

Religion was promoted by leaders during the dark ages to try and instill a sense of "fear for doing bad things".
    Having recently finished reading The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, which covers 70-1550 AD or thereabouts, and has a tremendous focus on religion, I dare say you don't know the flaming f**k what you are talking about.

You're just lying and babbling. 

(Nevermind that humanity has been at its most evil and violent at the times when religion was most venerated. But you wouldn't know that, seeing as the extent of your exploration of history was sleeping through 9th grade "world history" class).

[/QUOTE]

Dont be such a intellectual pusssy!

What I stated is true; its not complete history but, the point is many have no respect for life due to culture, lack or religion or any number of things.

They kill people in mass and idiots like you want to just blame the weapon and completely avoid the real issues in our society!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[QUOTE]

Dont be such a intellectualpusssy! What I stated is true;

Wow. Compelling argument. I will continue to push for (1) assault weapon ban, (2) high capacity magazine ban, (3) military-grade armor ban.

This is not mutually exclusive (do you know what the term means?) with reassessing our approach to information regarding individuals' mental illness.

I'm not sure why you think focusing on mental illness exclusively will accomplish anything. Most of these shooters weren't diagnosed with anything. They were just described as odd, possibly off in the head.

Do you want to give the government authority to scoop people up and lock them away in a mental hospital upon any report that they seem like weirdos? Think before you flatulate back at me. 

Or, you can stick a pineapple up your @ss and keep whistling the star spangled banner through bird sh!t for all I care....  

[/QUOTE]

Still a pusssy I see must be in your dna.

alot of states will not report mental illness to the FBI so it can entered into a database because of privacy issues.

The reports now are that this guy was about to be committed and that is what he was upset about it.

This information will not always prevent these things but, the gun, ammo, magazine restrictions you ignorantly spew will do absolutely nothing!!

Except cause a few million more people to buy guns like has happened over the last week!!

idiots

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[QUOTE]

tvoter knows everything.

[/QUOTE]

I know it probably seems that way to you but, its really just common sense. ;-)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Reubenhop's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Heroin and Cocaine are illegal and redily available to people outside the law!!

[/QUOTE]

You are not serious.  Look at the stats on gun deaths in our country compared to countries with more intrusive gun control.  From your argument we should have no controls and machine guns and rpgs should be available to any civilian.  Best get rid of all laws since there are criminals who break them...  That is conservative "logic" at its "best".  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[/QUOTE]

Still a pusssy I see must be in your dna.

alot of states will not report mental illness to the FBI so it can entered into a database because of privacy issues.

The reports now are that this guy was about to be committed and that is what he was upset about it.

This information will not always prevent these things but, the gun, ammo, magazine restrictions you ignorantly spew will do absolutely nothing!!

Except cause a few million more people to buy guns like has happened over the last week!!

idiots

[/QUOTE]

Crazy people will always be with us.  We have to minimize the risk they present. They don't care about religion (unless it is part of their craziness).   Limiting the availability of guns overall will limit the chances of crazies getting them and using them.  Even one 1st grader saved by reasonable restricitions are worth any supposed diminished right to bear these kinds of arms.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

..like Obamacare will lower the cost of healthcare.

Easy.  Next.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The country needs people with more respect for life and a conscience! How do you think we should try to instill those things??

[/QUOTE]

It's my experience that religion is no guarantee of either.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

At least Obamacare is real.  I can see it.

God, not so much.

Both are man-made creations, however; I'll give you that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

At least Obamacare is real.  I can see it.

God, not so much.

Both are man-made creations, however; I'll give you that.

[/QUOTE]

Obamacare, the devil you know!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]

Obamacare, the devil you know!

[/QUOTE]

The devil that might just help catch some of these mental defectives before they blow a fuse.

You can't treat a problem that hasn't been diagnosed yet. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[QUOTE] 

Of course, the internet tough guy didn't respond to the glaring problem with focusing on mental illness....  

He can't say how he would have government focus on mental illness nor how it would prevent mass shootings. For him, it's enough to say "mental illness", declare Mission Accomplished, and run away.

What a brave conservative.

[/QUOTE]

what a dolt. It now aboutconservatives and liberals? lol

You think highly of yourself explain to me how banning assault rifles will have any effect on someone determined to kill masses?

the answer is it will not!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Must every tragic mass shooting bring out the shrill ignorance of “gun control” advocates?

The key fallacy of so-called gun control laws is that such laws do not in fact control guns. They simply disarm law-abiding citizens, while people bent on violence find firearms readily available.

If gun control zealots had any respect for facts, they would have discovered this long ago, because there have been too many factual studies over the years to leave any serious doubt about gun control laws being not merely futile but counterproductive.

Places and times with the strongest gun control laws have often been places and times with high murder rates. Washington, D.C., is a classic example, but just one among many.

When it comes to the rate of gun ownership, that is higher in rural areas than in urban areas, but the murder rate is higher in urban areas. The rate of gun ownership is higher among whites than among blacks, but the murder rate is higher among blacks. For the country as a whole, hand gun ownership doubled in the late 20th century, while the murder rate went down.

The few counter-examples offered by gun control zealots do not stand up under scrutiny. Perhaps their strongest talking point is that Britain has stronger gun control laws than the United States and lower murder rates.

But, if you look back through history, you will find that Britain has had a lower murder rate than the United States for more than two centuries — and, for most of that time, the British had no more stringent gun control laws than the United States. Indeed, neither country had stringent gun control for most of that time.

In the middle of the 20th century, you could buy a shotgun in London with no questions asked. New York, which at that time had had the stringent Sullivan Law restricting gun ownership since 1911, still had several times the gun murder rate of London, as well as several times the London murder rate with other weapons.

Neither guns nor gun control was the reason for the difference in murder rates. People were the difference.

Yet many of the most zealous advocates of gun control laws, on both sides of the Atlantic, have also been advocates of leniency toward criminals.

In Britain, such people have been so successful that legal gun ownership has been reduced almost to the vanishing point, while even most convicted felons in Britain are not put behind bars. The crime rate, including the rate of crimes committed with guns, is far higher in Britain now than it was back in the days when there were few restrictions on Britons buying firearms.

In 1954, there were only a dozen armed robberies in London but, by the 1990s — after decades of ever tightening gun ownership restrictions — there were more than 100 times as many armed robberies.

Gun control zealots’ choice of Britain for comparison with the United States has been wholly tendentious, not only because it ignored the history of the two countries, but also because it ignored other countries with stronger gun control laws than the United States, such as Russia, Brazil and Mexico. All of these countries have higher murder rates than the United States.

You could compare other sets of countries and get similar results. Gun ownership has been three times as high in Switzerland as in Germany, but the Swiss have had lower murder rates. Other countries with high rates of gun ownership and low murder rates include Israel, New Zealand, and Finland.

Guns are not the problem. People are the problem — including people who are determined to push gun control laws, either in ignorance of the facts or in defiance of the facts.

There is innocent ignorance and there is invincible, dogmatic and self-righteous ignorance. Every tragic mass shooting seems to bring out examples of both among gun control advocates.

Some years back, there was a professor whose advocacy of gun control led him to produce a “study” that became so discredited that he resigned from his university. This column predicted at the time that this discredited study would continue to be cited by gun control advocates. But I had no idea that this would happen the very next week in the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

If the Ban on Assault Rifles had not been lifted, the shooter's mother would have never had one.  Would the shooter still have gone to the school to kill little kids?  Yes.  But he wouldn't have killed as many.

The day before the massacre in CT, a guy in China attacked 22 kids.  But the guy in China did it with a knife and I don't believe any of them died.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If the Ban on Assault Rifles had not been lifted, the shooter's mother would have never had one.  Would the shooter still have gone to the school to kill little kids?  Yes.  But he wouldn't have killed as many.

The day before the massacre in CT, a guy in China attacked 22 kids.  But the guy in China did it with a knife and I don't believe any of them died.

[/QUOTE]

You are an idiot.  You could care less about those kids.  you are really low.  crawl back under your fascist rock.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are an idiot.  You could care less about those kids.  you are really low.  crawl back under your fascist rock.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry it is you that does not care about the kids.  You have no solutions to stop future tragedies like this except perhaps to have MORE of these weapons in society.  That means there will be more kids dead.  Removing some extremely dangerous weapons from society is not fascism.  It's just common sense.  And you have none of that either. No heart, no brain that is you.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Having recently finished reading The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, which covers 70-1550 AD or thereabouts, and has a tremendous focus on religion, I dare say you don't know the flaming f**k what you are talking about.

You're just lying and babbling. 

(Nevermind that humanity has been at its most evil and violent at the times when religion was most venerated. But you wouldn't know that, seeing as the extent of your exploration of history was sleeping through 9th grade "world history" class).

[/QUOTE]

Dont be such a intellectual pusssy!

What I stated is true; its not complete history but, the point is many have no respect for life due to culture, lack or religion or any number of things.

They kill people in mass and idiots like you want to just blame the weapon and completely avoid the real issues in our society!!

[/QUOTE]

They killed people in mass because they were mentally ill, not because of society.  The body count was as high as it was because they were using assault weapons, not because of the absence of religion.

No one is saying the absence of a ban was the cause of the massacre.  We're saying the body count would have been lower with a ban.

The mentally ill are using assault rifles to kill large numbers of people and idiots like you blame a lack of religion.

a few years ago, a mentally ill woman went to her pastor for help.  He told her to pray.  She went home and drowned her children.