A military size missle is launched 35 miles off the coast of LA and the pentagon say's "we have no clue who did it"? That's not good folks!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

A military size mi...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2qKMchcgzk

This was yesterday at around 5 pm pst. It was virutally in the LA harbor and this no small missle this is ICBM size!!

We need answers!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

Re: A military size missle is launched 35 miles off the coast of LA and the pentagon say's "we have no clue who did it&q...

Is this a warning from N Korea or China or even Iran??

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhatIsItNow. Show WhatIsItNow's posts

Re: A military size missle is launched 35 miles off the coast of LA and the pentagon say's "we have no clue who did it&q...

I'm hoping it was an extra-large model rocket shot off someone's private boats.

I used to be into those as a kid, but ones only 2-5 feet tall.

But there was (and I assume is) a small group of serious enthusiasts who build 5-15 foot (or who knows, bigger) rockets and set them off.  Need FAA and other agency OKs to do it, since they can go 1+ miles up easily.

Of course, setting the rockets off was no where near as fun as building a rocket-powered lego car that should shoot forward a thousand feet and explode when the parachute-ejection charge went off.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhatIsItNow. Show WhatIsItNow's posts

That's a hell of an exhaust trail...

These people have another explanation:  http://newsflash.ws/1966/mysterious-missile-launch-seen-off-los-angeles-coast-a-problem-of-perspective/

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RevWright. Show RevWright's posts

Nancy Pelosi losing her cool?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mayflower48. Show mayflower48's posts

That was most likely a contrail. I often see similar contrails from passing jets that look like that. The setting sun highlighted it making it more noticeable.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RevWright. Show RevWright's posts

That's right folks.. ignore that 5 mile plume training an ICBM. No problem here. Carry on.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhatIsItNow. Show WhatIsItNow's posts

That's right folks.. ignore that 5 mile plume training an ICBM. No problem here. Carry on.
    Posted by RevWright

The point is it's not an ICBM.

But apart from the scientific explanation of why it's not an ICBM, let's try raw logic.

Does this make sense:  Iran or North Korea build an ICBM, put it on a boat, and TRAVEL TO LOS ANGELES to launch it?    And miss?

Key:  ICBM = Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

Calm down lacko's!!
    ICBM size doesn't constitute anyone thought it was an ICBM. (Talk about a little boy needing to calm down)

It strikes me as strange how it went all the way to the pentagon and yet a couple wisers here on BDC solved it in minutes!!

That's genious!!!

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/11/09/california.contrails/?hpt=T2

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

Here's CBS's take

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/11/09/national/main7036716.shtml

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhatIsItNow. Show WhatIsItNow's posts

Calm down lacko's!!
    Posted by sk8ter2008

Posted by sk8ter2008

and yet a couple wisers here on BDC solved it in minutes!! That's genious!!!
    Posted by sk8ter2008

Posted by sk8ter2008

Hmmmm....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

Ok so that settles it. This unknown unresearched website says it's nothing so, ok?

I am not asking for much just some basic simple readily available info from officials.

Actually 1 answer:

Identify the plane that did it?

Then it's over no more questions.

There have to be flight records right?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhatIsItNow. Show WhatIsItNow's posts

In Response to Re: A military size missle is launched 35 miles off the coast of LA and the pentagon say's "we have no clue who did it"? That's not good folks!!:
    Ok so that settles it. This unknown unresearched website says it's nothing so, ok? I am not asking for much just some basic simple readily available info from officials. Actually 1 answer: Identify the plane that did it? Then it's over no more questions. There have to be flight records right?
    Posted by sk8ter2008

Dude. 

1.  You are the one who started the thread.  The title claims it's a "military size missle" and the first post says "this no small missle this is ICBM size!!"

It's not even settled that it was a missile. But just think about the raw logic here: Why would an enemy transport a big-ass missile to just 35 miles from Los Angeles to launch it?

It's absurd - that's running an unnecessary risk of intereception.  Even if it's not an ICBM but an intermediate range, you don't need to get anywhere that close.

2.  That neither you nor I know about the website link I posted (I grabbed it from the comments to the first thing you posted) is a reason to view it with skepticism.

Not to dismiss it out of hand.

We'll see, but I'm guessing there is a perfectly reasonable explanation. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Has anyone seen Dr. Evil lately? Maybe he wants ONE MILLION DOLLARS!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I love how ellsworth says that they should wait for a definitive answer from the military and then speculates that it could be an ICBM launched from a US sub as a warning to those in Asia.

Get Scully and Moulder on it.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhatIsItNow. Show WhatIsItNow's posts

Get Scully and Moulder on it.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover

Yes, the truther interpretation would be interesting....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

In Response to Re: A military size missle is launched 35 miles off the coast of LA and the pentagon say's "we have no clue who did it"? That's not good folks!!:
    Yes, the truther interpretation would be interesting....
    Posted by WhatIsItNow

and hilarious.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

In Response to Re: A military size missle is launched 35 miles off the coast of LA and the pentagon say's "we have no clue who did it"? That's not good folks!! : Dude.  1.  You are the one who started the thread.  The title claims it's a "military size missle" and the first post says " this no small missle this is ICBM size! !" It's not even settled that it was a missile. But just think about the raw logic here: Why would an enemy transport a big-ass missile to just 35 miles from Los Angeles to launch it? It's absurd - that's running an unnecessary risk of intereception.  Even if it's not an ICBM but an intermediate range, you don't need to get anywhere that close. 2.  That neither you nor I know about the website link I posted (I grabbed it from the comments to the first thing you posted) is a reason to view it with skepticism. Not to dismiss it out of hand. We'll see, but I'm guessing there is a perfectly reasonable explanation. 
    Posted by WhatIsItNow

During the cold war Russia launched "test" missles in area (not 35 mi.) that were considered provocative by the US just to show their muscle. It's not uncommon for countries to do things just to remind you they can or to show you they can.

If, it was another countryu that did it for one of these reasons. The pentagon may cover it up to lessen the effect it would have on the populas.

The thing that gets me is, it would so easy for officials to verify if a plane was in that are at that time and they haven't!!

It was ICBM size btw!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

"we have no clue who did it" -------------------------------- They're lying. Quite pretty though, at sunset and all
    Posted by GreginMeffa

What would you guess it was then?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

If you only saw the still photo on CNN one could say it might be a plane contrail. But if you watch the video it was a submarine launch of a missile.  I tend to doubt it was an ICBM/Trident C4 watch as there are too many safeguards.  But it could be a tomahawk cruise missile launch from a Los Angeles class attack submarine.  The vertical launch system was added to all the later deployed version and is on the Seawolf and Virginia Class.

Whatever it is the military knows and they aren't talking right now hoping to make this into a UFO story.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

[QUOTE]A missile test, or an oopsies - "Jesus H. Christ sailor, which button did you just press?"

It's not that easy by a long shot and a multitude of people would have had to have made egregious errors for that to have happened.

Have we determined where it came down?

It should be a fairly simple caculation to narrow it down but, not to my knowledge. Which makes me ask why? Is almost like they just hope it will go away without anyone saying definitively what happened.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

If it was a missile then it was a US missile.  Iran does not have forward deployed missiles capable of being launched from a submarine, they barely have a mid range land based capability as far as missiles go and their submarines cannot carry nor launch missiles.  This holds true for North Korea as well. 

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts