A promising sign that Dems and the admin understand the election results, how to really govern and want to move to the center!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

In response to WhichOnesPink2's comment:

Funny thing is we are all greedy and selfish at some level, yet we get up in arms when companies want to make profits. 

BWT, A company that employs people in this country IS contributing to the society that nutured and supported them. The company supplies job to people who then spend money on goods and service and round and round we go

Not when they improperly stash their profits overseas and don't share it with their employees - the folks who actually do the work.

Companies are not people, no matter what the Citizens United ruling says.  A person acting in his/her own self-interest is not the same as a company doing it, no matter what the stakes.

These employees are paid right. Do they take a risk and put their pay at risk? Do they work as a salaried OT exempt employee or do they get paid for forty plus OT when they work harder.  Companies and their owners take the risk and they deserve the fruits of that risk, I wouldn’t call it stashing away profit; it their reward for the risk.

Definitions

Employees whose jobs are governed by the FLSA are either "exempt" or "nonexempt." Nonexempt employees are entitled to overtime pay. Exempt employees are not. Most employees covered by the FLSA are nonexempt. Some are not.

Some jobs are classified as exempt by definition. For example, "outside sales" employees are exempt ("inside sales" employeesare nonexempt). For most employees, however, whether they are exempt or nonexempt depends on (a) how much they are paid, (b) how they are paid, and (c) what kind of work they do.

With few exceptions, to be exempt an employee must (a) be paid at least $23,600 per year ($455 per week), and (b) be paid on a salary basis, and also (c) perform exempt job duties. These requirements are outlined in the FLSA Regulations (promulgated by the U.S. Department of Labor). Most employees must meet all three "tests" to be exempt.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Funny thing is we are all greedy and selfish at some level, yet we get up in arms when companies want to make profits. 

BWT, A company that employs people in this country IS contributing to the society that nutured and supported them. The company supplies job to people who then spend money on goods and service and round and round we go

Not when they improperly stash their profits overseas and don't share it with their employees - the folks who actually do the work.

Companies are not people, no matter what the Citizens United ruling says.  A person acting in his/her own self-interest is not the same as a company doing it, no matter what the stakes.

These employees are paid right. Do they take a risk and put their pay at risk? Do they work as a salaried OT exempt employee or do they get paid for forty plus OT when they work harder.  Companies and their owners take the risk and they deserve the fruits of that risk, I wouldn’t call it stashing away profit; it their reward for the risk.

Definitions

Employees whose jobs are governed by the FLSA are either "exempt" or "nonexempt." Nonexempt employees are entitled to overtime pay. Exempt employees are not. Most employees covered by the FLSA are nonexempt. Some are not.

Some jobs are classified as exempt by definition. For example, "outside sales" employees are exempt ("inside sales" employeesare nonexempt). For most employees, however, whether they are exempt or nonexempt depends on (a) how much they are paid, (b) how they are paid, and (c) what kind of work they do.

With few exceptions, to be exempt an employee must (a) be paid at least $23,600 per year ($455 per week), and (b) be paid on a salary basis, and also (c) perform exempt job duties. These requirements are outlined in the FLSA Regulations (promulgated by the U.S. Department of Labor). Most employees must meet all three "tests" to be exempt.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Definitions

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Definitions

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Definitions

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In response to jmel's comment:

In response to Thesemenarecowards's comment:

In response to Thesemenarecowards' comment:

The last time a President won re-election, 2004, that President stated "I earned politcal capital with this election and I intend to spend it."

That President won 286 Electoral votes and beat his challenger by 2.4% of the vote.

If 286 Electoral votes and a 2.4% margin of victory was good for "Politcal Capital" in 2004, I'm sure the same logic applies in 2012 for 330 Electoral votes and a 2.8% margin of victory.

You're assuming Bush was correct in his statement. Funny, how you never took anything he said in the past serious except of course for this right? Transparent indeed!

[/QUOt

Correct or incorrect is irrelevant.  

Then why'd you bring it up? 

You must dominate the 2nd grade debate circuit.

To answer your question,  read the rest of my post.  History will judge the 'correctness'.  Whether or not capital is earned, is not up for the loser to decide because the people have spoken.  I suspect this fact will be lost by many of the Extremists on the obstrunctionist Right wing.

I don`t see how you don`t get that nothing has changed?  Dem Pres, Dem Senate, Rep House.  Exact same thing it was on Monday Nov 5th.  If he pursues his agenda there will be more gridlock like the last 2 years.  If he wakes up, moves to the center, (like a very successful Clinton did), then we will see progress.

He did moved to the center in 2010, extending the Bush tax cuts because the GOP guarranteed Tax cuts for the rich would help the economy.  Of course when they really didn't, I didn't see any GOP lawmakers taking any responsibility, just blaming the economy on Obama.

Clinton raised taxes on the top bracket, so in that sense I agree, they should follow Clinton's lead.  In fact a common theme of Obama's campaign was a return to Clinton era tax rates.

To say nothing has changed is ridiculous and if you think the American people want 4 more years of obstructionism in Congress you are wrong.  Obama said "I'm going to rasie taxes on the top 2%"  Romney said "I'm going to cut taxes for the 'job creators'".  The people spoke. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Re: A promising sign that Dems and the admin ,the election results, how to really govern and want to move to the center!

The last time a President won re-election, 2004, that President stated "I earned politcal capital with this election and I intend to spend it."

That President won 286 Electoral votes and beat his challenger by 2.4% of the vote.

If 286 Electoral votes and a 2.4% margin of victory was good for "Politcal Capital" in 2004, I'm sure the same logic applies in 2012 for 330 Electoral votes and a 2.8% margin of victory.

You're assuming Bush was correct in his statement. Funny, how you never took anything he said in the past serious except of course for this right? Transparent indeed!

[/QUOt

Correct or incorrect is irrelevant.  

Then why'd you bring it up? 

You must dominate the 2nd grade debate circuit.

To answer your question,  read the rest of my post.  History will judge the 'correctness'.  Whether or not capital is earned, is not up for the loser to decide because the people have spoken.  I suspect this fact will be lost by many of the Extremists on the obstrunctionist Right wing.

I don`t see how you don`t get that nothing has changed?  Dem Pres, Dem Senate, Rep House.  Exact same thing it was on Monday Nov 5th.  If he pursues his agenda there will be more gridlock like the last 2 years.  If he wakes up, moves to the center, (like a very successful Clinton did), then we will see progress.

He did moved to the center in 2010, extending the Bush tax cuts because the GOP guarranteed Tax cuts for the rich would help the economy.  Of course when they really didn't, I didn't see any GOP lawmakers taking any responsibility, just blaming the economy on Obama.

Clinton raised taxes on the top bracket, so in that sense I agree, they should follow Clinton's lead.  In fact a common theme of Obama's campaign was a return to Clinton era tax rates.

To say nothing has changed is ridiculous and if you think the American people want 4 more years of obstructionism in Congress you are wrong.  Obama said "I'm going to rasie taxes on the top 2%"  Romney said "I'm going to cut taxes for the 'job creators'".  The people spoke. 

Whoa........."tax cuts for the rich"?   I just heard the liar-in chief today say if the "Bush tax cuts expire, EVERYONE will see a tax increase".  So, is/was it "tax cuts for the rich" or was it tax cuts for EVERYONE that pays/paid taxes?  You should get your facts straight.

Correct, Clinton raised taxes in 1993.  It promptly lost him the House and the Senate in 1994.  Then he moved to the middle for success.

Nothing has changed.  You seem to be having a very hard time with facts.  Obama is president.  The Senate stayed in Dem control, and the House stayed in Rep control.  The American people voted EXACTLY for "4-more years of obstructionism".  If Obama doesn`t lose his stubborn, nonsense, attitude, "obstructionism" is exactly what will happen.  Again....facts.

The people did not vote for gridlock.  It sounds like your basic stance is 'this Presidential election was about nothing' as opposed to 'the two candidates presented their ideas and the people spoke'.  The Senate long ago passed tax cuts for the middle class, Obama is ready to sign it, but it can't get out of the House because it includes a return to Clinton era Tax levels for the top 2%.  That is a fact.

Regarding Clinton, in 1993 the Omnibus Budget act passed.  It raised taxes on the top 1.something %.  That didn't change after the 1994 midterms. The first George Bush lost to Clinton because he raised taxes, that was back in the day when the GOP still put country above partisan politics.  What balanced the Budget under Clinton was increased Revenue combined with decreased spending. 

The notion that Obama needs to 'move to the middle' to appease the Extremists in the GOP, who say revenue is off the table, is ridiculous.  The American people support Obama's tax plan.  I'm sorry you're in the minority.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

The President has absolutely won capital!

He did not gain control of the house so, THE FACT is he will either LEAD towards compromise or he WILL find gridlock!

The saying goes: the only right you have won is the right to fail; everything else must still be earned!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

The President has absolutely won capital!

He did not gain control of the house so, THE FACT is he will either LEAD towards compromise or he WILL find gridlock!

BTW: Leading is not just saying here's my plan and either accept it or you're obstructionist!

The saying goes: the only right you have won is the right to fail; everything else must still be earned!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Yeah, the Dems are totally copying the Romney plan except for one little, tiny difference - THEY AREN'T PLANNING A HUGE TAX CUT FOR THE WEALTHY.

What they are planning to do is give the Republicans something they can tell their stupid base - which TVoter seems to have already swallowed.  They can tell everyone that they didn't raise tax rates - just cut the loopholes they were all using.

As if people smart enough to make over $250K are stupid enough to believe it. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Yeah, the Dems are totally copying the Romney plan except for one little, tiny difference - THEY AREN'T PLANNING A HUGE TAX CUT FOR THE WEALTHY.

What they are planning to do is give the Republicans something they can tell their stupid base - which TVoter seems to have already swallowed.  They can tell everyone that they didn't raise tax rates - just cut the loopholes they were all using.

As if people smart enough to make over $250K are stupid enough to believe it. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:

Romney plan had NO TAXCUTS FOR THE WEALTHY!! geez

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

If our leaders cannot find compromise; every single US citizen will have more money taken out of their paychecks by the government in JANUARY 2013!!!

The poor who have jobs

The middle class

small business owners

the rich

EVERYONE!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

If our leaders cannot find compromise; every single US citizen will have more money taken out of their paychecks by the government in JANUARY 2013!!!

The poor who have jobs

The middle class

small business owners

the rich

EVERYONE!!!

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

jmel. still crying in November.

Sections
Shortcuts