A promising sign that Dems and the admin understand the election results, how to really govern and want to move to the center!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

jmel. still crying in November.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Ya pinkeye, hit enter twice on that, on purpose.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

In response to jmel's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BilltheKat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

jmel. still crying in November.

[/QUOTE]

Billyrat, still stupid every month

[/QUOTE]

Whaaaaaa, need a tissue?

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Now the DOW is a barometer of Obama's success.  The DOW, which nearly doubled during his first term.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[/QUOTE]

You couldn`t be more wrong.  It`s no wonder you voted with the dummys for the incompetent.  The "Top 2%" you speak of includes folks making $250k.  That is middle class. You, like our fearless leader have no idea what middle class is.  Nobody in the 50% that voted for the incompetent voted for tax increases, they voted for more free stuff.

Do you even know how much "revenue" will be raised by a tax increase?  You don`t do you?  Even if rates were raised to 50% on people making $250k or more the "revenue" raised would be approx $60 billion per year.  We have a yearly deficit of OVER $1 TRILLION. We go $9 Billion more in debt every day.  The "revenues" you speak of would pay about 7 days of debt per year.  What happens the other 358 days?  The incompetent`s "tax increases on the Top 2%" is symbolic and nothing else.  He`s trying to punish success and NOTHING will get done until he stops the out of control spending.

You still don`t get the division and the class warfare do you?

[/QUOTE]

The top 2% of the country (at least) has to be "rich".  Do you honestly think that only the bottom 1% is poor and the top 1% rich and that 98% is the middle class?  That is pretty darn silly.

And it it pretty darn ignorant and arrogant to say people voted for Obama just to get more "free stuff".  You apparently don't like democracy too much.  You apparently despise a majority of the people.  You think you are sooo much smarter than the opposition.  But conservatives lost. People rejected your hopes and dreams.  Obama had better ideas.  People are smarter than you think.  And a lot of them are smarter than you.  A lot. 

How are your polls looking for the election?  Still think Romney has a chance?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Thesemenarecowards's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to WhichOnesPink2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Thesemenarecowards' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Thesemenarecowards' comment:
    [QUOTE]

The last time a President won re-election, 2004, that President stated "I earned politcal capital with this election and I intend to spend it."

That President won 286 Electoral votes and beat his challenger by 2.4% of the vote.

If 286 Electoral votes and a 2.4% margin of victory was good for "Politcal Capital" in 2004, I'm sure the same logic applies in 2012 for 330 Electoral votes and a 2.8% margin of victory.

[/QUOTE]

You're assuming Bush was correct in his statement. Funny, how you never took anything he said in the past serious except of course for this right? Transparent indeed!

[/QUOt

Correct or incorrect is irrelevant.  

[/QUOTE]

Then why'd you bring it up? 

[/QUOTE]

You must dominate the 2nd grade debate circuit.

To answer your question,  read the rest of my post.  History will judge the 'correctness'.  Whether or not capital is earned, is not up for the loser to decide because the people have spoken.  I suspect this fact will be lost by many of the Extremists on the obstrunctionist Right wing.

[/QUOTE]

I don`t see how you don`t get that nothing has changed?  Dem Pres, Dem Senate, Rep House.  Exact same thing it was on Monday Nov 5th.  If he pursues his agenda there will be more gridlock like the last 2 years.  If he wakes up, moves to the center, (like a very successful Clinton did), then we will see progress.

[/QUOTE]

He did moved to the center in 2010, extending the Bush tax cuts because the GOP guarranteed Tax cuts for the rich would help the economy.  Of course when they really didn't, I didn't see any GOP lawmakers taking any responsibility, just blaming the economy on Obama.

Clinton raised taxes on the top bracket, so in that sense I agree, they should follow Clinton's lead.  In fact a common theme of Obama's campaign was a return to Clinton era tax rates.

To say nothing has changed is ridiculous and if you think the American people want 4 more years of obstructionism in Congress you are wrong.  Obama said "I'm going to rasie taxes on the top 2%"  Romney said "I'm going to cut taxes for the 'job creators'".  The people spoke. 

[/QUOTE]

Whoa........."tax cuts for the rich"?   I just heard the liar-in chief today say if the "Bush tax cuts expire, EVERYONE will see a tax increase".  So, is/was it "tax cuts for the rich" or was it tax cuts for EVERYONE that pays/paid taxes?  You should get your facts straight.

Correct, Clinton raised taxes in 1993.  It promptly lost him the House and the Senate in 1994.  Then he moved to the middle for success.

Nothing has changed.  You seem to be having a very hard time with facts.  Obama is president.  The Senate stayed in Dem control, and the House stayed in Rep control.  The American people voted EXACTLY for "4-more years of obstructionism".  If Obama doesn`t lose his stubborn, nonsense, attitude, "obstructionism" is exactly what will happen.  Again....facts.

[/QUOTE]

The people did not vote for gridlock.  It sounds like your basic stance is 'this Presidential election was about nothing' as opposed to 'the two candidates presented their ideas and the people spoke'.  The Senate long ago passed tax cuts for the middle class, Obama is ready to sign it, but it can't get out of the House because it includes a return to Clinton era Tax levels for the top 2%.  That is a fact.

Regarding Clinton, in 1993 the Omnibus Budget act passed.  It raised taxes on the top 1.something %.  That didn't change after the 1994 midterms. The first George Bush lost to Clinton because he raised taxes, that was back in the day when the GOP still put country above partisan politics.  What balanced the Budget under Clinton was increased Revenue combined with decreased spending. 

The notion that Obama needs to 'move to the middle' to appease the Extremists in the GOP, who say revenue is off the table, is ridiculous.  The American people support Obama's tax plan.  I'm sorry you're in the minority.

[/QUOTE]

You couldn`t be more wrong.  It`s no wonder you voted with the dummys for the incompetent.  The "Top 2%" you speak of includes folks making $250k.  That is middle class. You, like our fearless leader have no idea what middle class is.  Nobody in the 50% that voted for the incompetent voted for tax increases, they voted for more free stuff.

Do you even know how much "revenue" will be raised by a tax increase?  You don`t do you?  Even if rates were raised to 50% on people making $250k or more the "revenue" raised would be approx $60 billion per year.  We have a yearly deficit of OVER $1 TRILLION. We go $9 Billion more in debt every day.  The "revenues" you speak of would pay about 7 days of debt per year.  What happens the other 358 days?  The incompetent`s "tax increases on the Top 2%" is symbolic and nothing else.  He`s trying to punish success and NOTHING will get done until he stops the out of control spending.

You still don`t get the division and the class warfare do you?

[/QUOTE]

Yes, debating policy with someone who refers to the President as The incompetent, clearly I am a moron.

Class warfare and more free stuff..... Baseless FoxNews lingo used to frighten the base into being scared of "Traditional White America" going away.  Was a 3% tax increase class warfare when Clinton did it?

You know that "yearly deficit of over 1 trillion" is actually less than it was 4 years ago right?  1.4 trillion in 2009, 1.1 trillion this year.  You know that the CBO has named the biggest drivers of the deficit as the recession followed by the Bush tax cuts right?

Sorry you cheer for the losing team, on the bright side, at least you have stuff to rant about for the next 4 years.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from undead. Show undead's posts

Alas, we're not out of the recession yet.

Regardless of who any of you voted for you cannot say that the recession is over. Unemployment is still high, business is not back to 'normal', inflation is pushing prices up and up and there's no sign of it stopping.

Food prices are through the roof. Gas, which just 10 years ago was $1.50/gallon is now over $3 to stay and is pushing $4 from time to time. Jobs are hard to find, and just as hard to get.

And now we're all looking at going over the edge, straight down into a deeper recession. I really don't know if DC can get their act together and work out a deal in time. What I do know is I'm probably going to splurg and enjoy the hollidays this time around more than usuall, for there's at least a 50/50 chance that they will be the last such days where there is enough money to do so.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I think it is more that the GOP understands that Obama will use the bully pulpit more. I think you will see Obama directly appealing to the American people more over the next couple of years....especially if the GOP continues with their policy of obstruction.

I thought Obama should have done that more during his first term...but we have mid term elections coming up in 2 years. It's fairly clear from the senate results this time around that a message has been sent to the GOP to play nice. I expect that if they don't..then Obama will take to the cameras to tell America about it every chance he gets.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I think it is more that the GOP understands that Obama will use the bully pulpit more. I think you will see Obama directly appealing to the American people more over the next couple of years....especially if the GOP continues with their policy of obstruction.

I thought Obama should have done that more during his first term...but we have mid term elections coming up in 2 years. It's fairly clear from the senate results this time around that a message has been sent to the GOP to play nice. I expect that if they don't..then Obama will take to the cameras to tell America about it every chance he gets.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

f our leaders cannot find compromise; every single US citizen will have more money taken out of their paychecks by the government in JANUARY 2013!!!

The poor who have jobs

The middle class

small business owners

the rich

EVERYONE!!!

Europe is plunging into a aecond and worse recession due to it debt and expected spending and we like sheep seem to want to follow them over the cliff with more spending and taxation to kill economic growth!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BilltheKat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ya pinkeye, hit enter twice on that, on purpose.

[/QUOTE]

Wow...ya really got me with that one....sigh......

[/QUOTE]

Ya, Im out to git ya....sigh....

22. This post has been removed.