A question for bdc posters on the debt limit.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

A question for bdc posters on the debt limit.

Who was the author of this quote.

"The full consequences of a default by the United States — or even the serious prospect of a default — by the United States are impossible to predict and awesome to contemplate. Denigration of the full faith and credit of the United States would have substantial effects on the domestic financial markets and the value of the dollar in exchange markets."

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Re: A question for bdc posters on the debt limit.

In response to chiefhowie's comment:

A Politician. Who has been assimulated in the "Dome".

Nope try again.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Reagan.

"It is not down in any map...trueplaces never are...." ( Melville)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

Correct. Reagan himself does not apporove of using the debt limit as a negotiation technique because of the damage it can do

I was looking forward to more rediculously ignorant guesses like howies.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

As usual, Ronald Reagan made a lot of sense.

On the other hand, there is no way that he could have anticipated the out of control spending and debt that has been perpetrated on the American people by current administration and it's immediate predecessor.

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Who is the author of this 2006 quote?

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. … Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that ‘the buck stops here. Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."

At the time, this Senator was urging Congress not to tolerate an increase that would bring the debt ceiling to $9 trillion. Under President Obama, the debt ceiling has been raised to $14.3 trillion.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Barack Hussein Obama.

--

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

On the other hand, there is no way that he could have anticipated the out of control spending and debt that has been perpetrated on the American people by current administration and it's immediate predecessor.

--

come on .... why are you blaming Obama, does it make you fell better  ...... Bush's policies had more to do with it than Obama ... but the real problem was and always will be the Economic downturn .....

Think for yourself , question where you get your informatiom from .

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:

Correct. Reagan himself does not apporove of using the debt limit as a negotiation technique because of the damage it can do

Pot calling the kettle black. Regan didn't live up to his promise to change the IRS. so he was assimulated by the "DOME".  Pols are about power and EGO and religon too. So blessed be your GOD Owebambie 

I know a little over your brain mass. 

Obama isn't my god, I have not been a big fan of his presidency. You have no idea how to speak english maybe you need to go back to school. Debt limit isn't a negotiation tool, you negotiate when the bills are being authorized.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

come on .... why are you blaming Obama, does it make you fell better  ...... Bush's policies had more to do with it than Obama ... but the real problem was and always will be the Economic downturn .....

I'm blaming both Bush, whose adminstration's policy was that deficits do not matter and didn't do enough to prevent the coming economic disaster, and Obama, whose administration took advantage of the crisis to reward it's friends and push leftist policy instead of implementing policies that would allow the economy to truly recover.

They're both at fault.

--

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Pot calling the kettle black. Regan didn't live up to his promise to change the IRS. so he was assimulated by the "DOME".  Pols are about power and EGO and religon too. So blessed be your GOD Owebambie 

Obama isn't my god, I have not been a big fan of his presidency. You have no idea how to speak english maybe you need to go back to school. Debt limit isn't a negotiation tool, you negotiate when the bills are being authorized.

+++1

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Right.

So, your support for Obama's outrageous ratcheting up of the debt is Reagan, who created an unprecidented time of economic growth.  Oh, and a time 34 years ago, when the national debt was????

Get back to me when Obama starts talking about 4-8% growth and getting government off the backs of the middle class like Reagan did.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

--

Think for yourself , question where you get your informatiom from .

5 years later and still blaming Bush?

If Obama isn't up to the job, he can leave anytime.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Ried said there will be no negotiation from the start. 

The time for negotiation is when the bills authorizing the spending, not the debt ceiling.

You don't run up a credit card debt and then haggle over the bill. Well, not if you want to avoid a credit downgrade.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Do you know this debt limit thing has been play 14 times before. 3 Rep vs 11 Dems.

SSDD , your "DOME" at work.

Ried said there will be no negotiation from the start. 

Nothing is going to happen except  Wall Street will drop. Inflation already has increased %40 but been covered up!! 

Some vacation time for staffers. They join the other 11% unimployed. (incluing the  stop looking)

One "minor" correction:

They join the other 13.7% unemployed...

Sections
Shortcuts