A serious gun control proposal - can anybody get behind this?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Re: A serious gun control proposal - can anybody get behind this?

In response to skeeter20's comment:

In response to jedwardnicky's comment:

In response to slomag's comment:

In response to tvoter's comment:

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

In response to tvoter's comment: 

No no, really. You're drawing the wrong lesson from that precedent.

Clue: It made him look like a complete idiot.

Criminals do not register their guns now!!

How is making a law that says everyone must register their guns going to help stop criminals from getting guns? Criminals dont give a shlt about our gun laws!!

It's a assinine law that only affects law abiding citizens!

A govt that wants a record of everyone that has guns and where they are; should be feared by citizens that support the 2nd ammendment!

You will never get through to liberals or Democrats on this for one simple reason.  To citizens, criminals and crazies are a problem.  To Democrats, they are constituencies.

No other way to expalin the unwillingness to drop the boom on criminals and crazies, but instead drop the boom on law abiding citizens.

I think this is a lazy response - this proposal targets illegal gun owners, with the greatest "infringement" on rights being mandatory registration for purchasing ammo, which you do not reject outright.

BTW, the Heller decision may have strengthened gun rights, but by upholding licensing, it also essentially said that mandatory registry was constitutional.  Even pro-gun attorneys agree that it's constitutional.

You would think that.

laws infringing Legal gun owners infringe legal gun owners. Criminals and crazies remain ustronger onestronger one supporters of liberal, progressive ideas and politicians.

Have you been drinking again?

"laws infringing Legal gun owners infringe legal gun owners."...legal gun owners are legal gun owners because they abide by the LAW.

"Criminals and crazies remain ustronger onestronger one supporters of liberal, progressive ideas and politicians."..... I know it's a sentence, per se, but it makes no sense whatsoever.

Seriously, there are programs that you might want to look into. AA? Smart recovery?

Are you serious?  I have been pointing out that these laws don't impact criminals or crazies, and not one response out side of " have yuo been drinking".

So, the possibilities are:

That the liberals are stumped by such a practical observation, or

That criminals and crazies are part of the progressive liberal democrat constituiency.

After all, it was Willie Horton, the multiple murderer and all around bad guy, cause celeb of the left, who said:

"Obviously, I'm voting for Dukakis"

The evidence speaks for itself.

I know we're at an ideological impass, but I want to understand why you think this proposal wouldn't have any impact on a criminal or illegal gun owner.

If you don't have a legally registered gun, you can't buy ammo.  So if you want ammo for your gun, you have to resort to the black market.

And when the police find a serialized bullet used in a crime, it leads them back up the black market supply chain, thus helping shut down illegal dealers, making the ammo even more difficult to come by (without affecting the supply for lawful use).

Isn't that a better idea than letting gang-bangers reload at their local Wal-Mart?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

Re: A serious gun control proposal - can anybody get behind this?

...I can't believe this thread is getting so much play....are we still putting computer chips in bullets so the smart gun can decide who to shoot or not???? 

3. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts