FORUMS ARE FIXED

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

Re: FORUMS ARE FIXED

Is it me or is it impossible to insert an image still? I can get one in the editor but it won't publish. I have not seen any others insert one so I am guessing it is on the BDC side.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

I think BDC is trying to prove the old adage; you get what you pay for or in this case nothing begets nothing.

...the man who really counts in the world is the doer,...  TR 1891

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I wouldn't say the forums are exactly fixed..lol. The white space issue still exists..there is no link to the politics forum from anyplace else on the site...and now it seems as though someone at BDC with a sense of humor made the font so small I am now forced to actually wear my glasses in order to see it.

"It is not down in any map...trueplaces never are...." ( Melville)

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

The below post is from the Red Sox Forum Moderator thread. Are we doing ourselves a disservice by removing the white spaces ourselves? That is if the developers cannot see white spaces they think there is no problem so there is nothing to fix and then we will be doing this ourselves forever.

posted at 5/6/2014 7:35 PM EDT

67redsox
    First: 12/6/2006
    Last: 5/10/2014
    In response to J-BAY's comment:

67, I have started to get rid of the white noise, or copy and paste what I'm responding to, out of respect for the other posters, who are. I held out hope it would be fixed but apparently it won't be, anytime soon.

The problem is when chris looked at one of the threads he didn't see white space. If he can't see the problem he won't fix it. I suggest we don't cut and paste so chris can see what's going on. That's what I'm going to do. No dead body, no crime. No white space no problem.

That was my original thought process too, 67 and why I didn't eliminate the white spaces. I saw the mods posts where he/they was working with BDC regarding the issue(s), so until they're fixed, I'll do what I can to help the forum be more user friendly.

You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

It looks like the "started by" feature is starting to come back. Progress? Also looks like the white noise problem is gone...or at least improved.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

It looks like the white noise problem now only happens if you keep editing your post. I can live with that...and THANK YOU THANK YOU..THANK YOU BDC for fixing the "started by" feature. For those of us with very limited time to spend on BDC..this feature is important.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

I'll be happy when they get rid of the sock puppets.

Til then, the playground is still open I guess.

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

In response to -V-'s comment:

I'll be happy when they get rid of the sock puppets.

Til then, the playground is still open I guess.

PLAYGROUND??

Does your 'Crystal Ball' identify these .. 'Sock Puppets'?

... Mine doesn't ...

Actually I didn't need a crystal ball.....the puppet master revealed himself and his puppets :-)

•  

[/QUOTE]

Oh I see, said the blind man.

Soo, who is this "Puppet Master and the Puppeteers".

Just Curious ...

[/QUOTE]

I'll let you figure it out :-)

[/QUOTE]

In other words - YOU DON'T KNOW.

... "Now I see", said the Blind Man ...

[/QUOTE]

Sorry....you're wrong.

I know exactly who the puppet master is ...maybe you can add it up.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:

Oh I see, said the blind man.

Soo, who is this "Puppet Master and the Puppeteers".

Just Curious ...

I'll let you figure it out :-)

In other words - YOU DON'T KNOW.

... "Now I see", said the Blind Man ...

• soxchamps has already stated more than once who she is sure the poster with sockpuppets is:

steven11/jackbu/oneminutemile I believe are the three.

There was a whole thread about "Sockpppets" recently that she began.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

It looks like the white noise problem now only happens if you keep editing your post. I can live with that...and THANK YOU THANK YOU..THANK YOU BDC for fixing the "started by" feature. For those of us with very limited time to spend on BDC..this feature is important.

The white space problem is so much better. 

As for the "Started by" feature it was probably on the list of most of us for things to be restored. After all, every poster has only a certain amount of time for posting as well as a certain amount of energy, whatever the drains on their energy maybe.

Of course, for certain posters you need not have opened the thread to know who started it. 

But of course, that is every single poster's decision as to how much time to spend posting here. It is not one of those sites that limit the number of posts per day. If BDC wanted that, they easily could change that. And of course more than a few posters post on more than one forum so they post on BDC perhaps more than those of us who only post here or mostly post here.

But the above should really be moot. Live and let live. I think we should not be so concerned about what other posters are doing as long as they are not breaking the rules and policies of BDC.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCMassGuy. Show BDCMassGuy's posts

In response to andiejen's comment:

In response to miscricket's comment:

The white space problem is so much better. 

As for the "Started by" feature it was probably on the list of most of us for things to be restored. After all, every poster has only a certain amount of time for posting as well as a certain amount of energy, whatever the drains on their energy maybe.

Of course, for certain posters you need not have opened the thread to know who started it. 

But of course, that is every single poster's decision as to how much time to spend posting here. It is not one of those sites that limit the number of posts per day. If BDC wanted that, they easily could change that. And of course more than a few posters post on more than one forum so they post on BDC perhaps more than those of us who only post here or mostly post here.

But the above should really be moot. Live and let live. I think we should not be so concerned about what other posters are doing as long as they are not breaking the rules and policies of BDC.

say what?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCMassGuy. Show BDCMassGuy's posts

how come you allow -V- to put videos full of hate speech on your website?

• Sections
    Shortcuts