3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: Aaron Hernandez

In response to jackbu's comment:

In response to miscricket's comment:

I heard on the news this morning that since the Superbowl...28 different NFL players have been arrested on various charges. In addition the person on the radio stated that the NFL leads all sports in number of arrests and criminal prosecutions.

Call me crazy...but I think that character should be right up there with talent when recruiting players for a team. I always thought the NBA was the thug league...I guess I will have to change that to the NFL.

" Above all..be the heroine in your life..not the victim" Nora Ephron

Are any of the players anyone we know? Did the arrests lead to convictions?  What were the players arrested for?  These numbers are consistent year to year.  Usually half the arrests are practice squad players.  Even if most of the 28 arrests lead to convictions, which they don't, the ratio isn't bad.  You could go thru  major corporations and find out the same thing.

Well..I don't really follow football much so the players aren't people I know. The SanDiego  Union Tribune has a database...so I suppose you could check it out if it interested you.

http://www.utsandiego.com/nfl/arrests-database/?appSession=14456602837788&RecordID=&PageID=2&PrevPageID=&cpipage=2&CPISortType=&CPIorderBy=

I disagree with your comparison to other corporations. Sure..any big corporation will have employees with records or who get arrested. Walmart comes to mind..as do many other retail giants. However, you can't compare them to the NFL where players are actually representatives and spokespeople for the league and the teams..and making millions of dollars in salary and sponsorships.  Kids aren't buying jersey's of these other people you speak of .

I think there is reason to be concerned when you look at the numbers. Arrests of NFL players are up 75% this year over other years. Why is that?

I suppose if the NFL is not going to address this..then at least the corporate sponsors should make sure they know the character of the person representing their brand.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to ms_obstinate's comment:

In response to jedwardnicky's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I heard on the news this morning that since the Superbowl...28 different NFL players have been arrested on various charges. In addition the person on the radio stated that the NFL leads all sports in number of arrests and criminal prosecutions.

Call me crazy...but I think that character should be right up there with talent when recruiting players for a team. I always thought the NBA was the thug league...I guess I will have to change that to the NFL.

" Above all..be the heroine in your life..not the victim" Nora Ephron

Interesting. I wonder how much brain damage is involved. I'm not trying to be funny.

[/QUOTE]

I was waiting to see if the defense will go this way. 

andiejen....

The biggest loser in all this, is the innocent child. I'll never understand parents that involve the innocent children in their messy/thug life. Hopefully the child will be raised to break the cycle she has been born into.

IMO...the Patriots are heading down the old Dallas Cowboys route....stop at nothing to win championships. No matter how much warning is attached to a player.

The Patriots didn't need to hire an investigator..... a quick glimpse of his social media and those attched to him was all it would take. Bob Kraft is losing his marbles, and any grip on reality.

[/QUOTE]

Jed..I think that's a valid point...at least for the former or long time players. Whose the guy that recently killed himself because of early dementia ?

Msobs...sadly this is something I see on a daily basis re: children and "thug" parents. Whether or not the cycle can be broken in this particular case rests solely on the mom's shoulders at this point.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Has anyone ever noticed that whenever some dirtbag gets sent to jail, the wingnuts feel the need to post some black bubba type sexual anal retaliation fantasy situation. Are they wishing this on the suspect or dreaming of something else? I would find it anthropologically fascinating if it wasn't so downright creepy. 

But ya. No rascism here...

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

In response to BilltheKat's comment:

[QUOTE]

Has anyone ever noticed that whenever some dirtbag gets sent to jail, the wingnuts feel the need to post some black bubba type sexual anal retaliation fantasy situation. Are they wishing this on the suspect or dreaming of something else? I would find it anthropologically fascinating if it wasn't so downright creepy. 

Umm, I don't see it as a "wingnut' thing. And hadn't really seen any "black bubba" comments until you brought it up.

I have seen comments from both sides regarding Hernandez getting "plugged."

[/QUOTE]

And hadn't really seen any "black bubba" comments until you brought it up.

Well then now you apparently see them, Im glad I brought it up.

As far as getting "plugged", did you get a little giddy typing that? Seriously, are you just making my point? Geeesh.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Umm, I don't see it as a "wingnut' thing. And hadn't really seen any "black bubba" comments until you brought it up.

And hadn't really seen any "black bubba" comments until you brought it up.

Well then now you apparently see them, Im glad I brought it up.

As far as getting "plugged", did you get a little giddy typing that? Seriously, are you just making my point? Geeesh.

You seem to be the one fixating on the male/male jailhouse hoedown, as well as the racism. I was commenting on the topics you brought to the table.

Truth be told, male/male is not my thing......NOT THAT THERE'S IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT. Just not my thing.

Sorry you think Im fixated on it. Let me try to clarify things for you at the risk of repeating myself, my fixation is on the wingnut...oh heck I'll just copy and paste.

Has anyone ever noticed that whenever some dirtbag gets sent to jail, the wingnuts feel the need to post some black bubba type sexual anal retaliation fantasy situation.

Or you could read the thread from the beginning.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Who are these "wingnuts" you speak of?

I'm a member of the GOP party,  Would I be one of the "wingnuts?"

I can honestly say, I've never uttered or typed words eluding to "black bubba" or any anal type activity, nor have I seen any of my GOP friends type or say those words. I don't need to read the thread from the beginning, I was commenting on a generalization you made in your comment.

Um, maybe you should read the thread from the beginning. Or read the Heralds comments sometime when some creep gets sent away. It's a psycho-sexual male on male fantasy bru ha ha.

Just an observation. Sorry it's so close to you.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think this is a case of Bill projecting. I looked through all of the posts in this thread and the only person making any "black bubba" comments is...well...Bill...go figure.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

You're right when you say kids aren't interested in buying jersey's of corporate people.  This is why the probelms in a corporation don't make the front page.  The problems are still there and with some making as much and sometimes more then nfl players.

If you did follow the nfl you would know that the good out wieghs the bad.  I guess it is the nature of some to only post bad news. Perhaps you missed how Victor Cruz attended the funeral of a boy he never met. Perhaps you missed the support of the NFL in this case.

No one in Boston was against the Hernandez signing.  Felger was behind it 100 percent and it took his co worker Jermaine Wiggins to remind him.

It is up to parents to control who the role models for their kids should be.  With all the heroes from the recent Boston Marathon Bombing, I hope no one had to resport to having their kid's role model be Hernandez.

I don't have to follow the NFL to know that the good outweighs the bad. This is true always in life.I know there are a lot of players who do a lot of good. I can recognize all of that and still posit that there is a growing problem among NFL players. Even the NFL is rightly concerned about the 75 percent increase in arrests. I am sure that rather than shooting the messenger..and accusing the messenger of only being negative..they are smart enough to recognize that a 75 percent increase in one year is cause for concern. On my part it is an observation not a judgment. Most things with me are observations rather than judgments. Trust me..when I make a judgment it will be crystal clear.

As a mom...I have never encouraged my son to look to sports figures as heroes. Most parents don't. My sons heroes will probably never see their names in print..and that is how I prefer it.

I am sure that most parents feel that way. At least I don't know many who don't. Nevertheless...kids and teens become fans and fans like to have their jerseys. Even Kraft recognized that probably the people who paid upwards of $100 for Hernandez jerseys may not now want to walk around with the name of an accused murderer and gang banger across their back. Even Kraft recognized that he had a responsibility to the fans.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think this is a case of Bill projecting. I looked through all of the posts in this thread and the only person making any "black bubba" comments is...well...Bill...go figure.

[/QUOTE]

Projecting? Not really if you spend time reading the thread, or any OTHER comment thread concerning Hernandez.

Maybe you're one of those less informed? That's okay, we understand.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I looked back too, he was the only one to bring out the racism card, as well as the wingnut card.

Hopefully he took a nap and rethought his position Wink ...no pun intended.

[/QUOTE]

No, seriously, take a look at the thread....or any thread about Hernandez.

of course denying the whole thing would be so...umm...right wing.

Not expecting anything intelligent on that response.

25. This post has been removed.