Aaron Hernandez

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

Re: Aaron Hernandez

In response to miscricket's comment:

In response to jackbu's comment:

You're right when you say kids aren't interested in buying jersey's of corporate people.  This is why the probelms in a corporation don't make the front page.  The problems are still there and with some making as much and sometimes more then nfl players.

If you did follow the nfl you would know that the good out wieghs the bad.  I guess it is the nature of some to only post bad news. Perhaps you missed how Victor Cruz attended the funeral of a boy he never met. Perhaps you missed the support of the NFL in this case.

No one in Boston was against the Hernandez signing.  Felger was behind it 100 percent and it took his co worker Jermaine Wiggins to remind him.

It is up to parents to control who the role models for their kids should be.  With all the heroes from the recent Boston Marathon Bombing, I hope no one had to resport to having their kid's role model be Hernandez.

I don't have to follow the NFL to know that the good outweighs the bad. This is true always in life.I know there are a lot of players who do a lot of good. I can recognize all of that and still posit that there is a growing problem among NFL players. Even the NFL is rightly concerned about the 75 percent increase in arrests. I am sure that rather than shooting the messenger..and accusing the messenger of only being negative..they are smart enough to recognize that a 75 percent increase in one year is cause for concern. On my part it is an observation not a judgment. Most things with me are observations rather than judgments. Trust me..when I make a judgment it will be crystal clear.

As a mom...I have never encouraged my son to look to sports figures as heroes. Most parents don't. My sons heroes will probably never see their names in print..and that is how I prefer it.

I am sure that most parents feel that way. At least I don't know many who don't. Nevertheless...kids and teens become fans and fans like to have their jerseys. Even Kraft recognized that probably the people who paid upwards of $100 for Hernandez jerseys may not now want to walk around with the name of an accused murderer and gang banger across their back. Even Kraft recognized that he had a responsibility to the fans.

When you accused the entire nfl league of being thugs, you said there were 28 arrests last year. If this is a 75 percent increase from the previous year, things are not as bad as you would like them to be.  Again, it is all about the convictions and you have to look at each case individually to see the extent of the crime.

Now you admit the good out weighs the bad in the nfl, so how you can stand by your previous statement that the league is a bunch of thugs?

but the nice thing is you can continue to not follow the nfl and keep accusing them of being a bunch of thugs.  That Tom Brady is really the biggest thug of all

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

You're right when you say kids aren't interested in buying jersey's of corporate people.  This is why the probelms in a corporation don't make the front page.  The problems are still there and with some making as much and sometimes more then nfl players.

If you did follow the nfl you would know that the good out wieghs the bad.  I guess it is the nature of some to only post bad news. Perhaps you missed how Victor Cruz attended the funeral of a boy he never met. Perhaps you missed the support of the NFL in this case.

No one in Boston was against the Hernandez signing.  Felger was behind it 100 percent and it took his co worker Jermaine Wiggins to remind him.

It is up to parents to control who the role models for their kids should be.  With all the heroes from the recent Boston Marathon Bombing, I hope no one had to resport to having their kid's role model be Hernandez.

I don't have to follow the NFL to know that the good outweighs the bad. This is true always in life.I know there are a lot of players who do a lot of good. I can recognize all of that and still posit that there is a growing problem among NFL players. Even the NFL is rightly concerned about the 75 percent increase in arrests. I am sure that rather than shooting the messenger..and accusing the messenger of only being negative..they are smart enough to recognize that a 75 percent increase in one year is cause for concern. On my part it is an observation not a judgment. Most things with me are observations rather than judgments. Trust me..when I make a judgment it will be crystal clear.

As a mom...I have never encouraged my son to look to sports figures as heroes. Most parents don't. My sons heroes will probably never see their names in print..and that is how I prefer it.

I am sure that most parents feel that way. At least I don't know many who don't. Nevertheless...kids and teens become fans and fans like to have their jerseys. Even Kraft recognized that probably the people who paid upwards of $100 for Hernandez jerseys may not now want to walk around with the name of an accused murderer and gang banger across their back. Even Kraft recognized that he had a responsibility to the fans.

When you accused the entire nfl league of being thugs, you said there were 28 arrests last year. If this is a 75 percent increase from the previous year, things are not as bad as you would like them to be.  Again, it is all about the convictions and you have to look at each case individually to see the extent of the crime.

Now you admit the good out weighs the bad in the nfl, so how you can stand by your previous statement that the league is a bunch of thugs?

but the nice thing is you can continue to not follow the nfl and keep accusing them of being a bunch of thugs.  That Tom Brady is really the biggest thug of all

I don't like to repeat myself..so I am going to suggest that you go back and re-read the original comment of mine that you first responded to. Take your time and read it as many times as you need to in order to understand it. I'm in no hurry.

After you re-read the original comment..then you may want to go back to your comment here and rethink..or reword what you have accused me of or what you have assumed that I meant.

I can promise you that if you re-read my entire original statement (objectively of course) you will understand where the characterization of thug league came from.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Not sure why you are bringing Tom Brady into the mix but I'll just throw this out there. Brady was a 6th round draft pick....Hernandez a 4th. Clearly Brady..who had talent and character was a better bet in the 6th round than Hernandez was in the 4th.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to ms_obstinate's comment:

I think I'll stick with the NHL..... not so many horror stories coming from that league.... Seguin seems to be the most recent "bad guy" but as bad guys go, nothing illegal coming from his camp. (So far)

Haha..I chuckled at your charactarization of Seguin as a "bad guy"..lol. He'd probably be Tim Tebow in the NFL. Seguin is just very young and mostly harmless. I doubt violence is in his future. Heck..he hardly ever has a mark on him from the games..lol

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to ms_obstinate's comment:

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

Getting rid of Seguin was a mistake.

I am quite sure there is a black bubba anal reference in that statement.

I just laughed out loud at that....haaahaaa.

I wish they gave him one more year....but maybe this was his warning year? He's young, he hangs with a young group, hopefully he'll snap out of party mode during his time in Dallas and not turn into a Probert. There's some stories out there that he's taken part in some illicit activities, true or not....hopefully he has had his wake up call.

miscricket.... I doubt he is in Tebow league.....I don't see violence either, just too much "party hardy" time.

lol..My Tebow comment was somewhat tongue in cheek. What I meant was although Seguin is considered somewhat of a wild child in the NHL..by comparison he'd be like a choir boy in the NFL. His transgressions are mild in comparison to the domestic violence, drug and gun charges that one sees lately in the NFL.

I agree with both you and Greg. I would have liked to see him get one more year. Sometimes contributions are hard to quantify. His speed is always good to have and he creates scoring chances for other players.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Man o' man. Either we got some touchy thin skinned crackpots here or it seems like a "doth protest too much" situation at hand.

You would of seen the bubba comments under the original Hernandez reporting on Boston.com. Then I come here and Greggie picks it right up.

Don't worry your sad self about it, I was just making an observation.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

In response to BilltheKat's comment:

Man o' man. Either we got some touchy thin skinned crackpots here or it seems like a "doth protest too much" situation at hand.

You would of seen the bubba comments under the original Hernandez reporting on Boston.com. Then I come here and Greggie picks it right up.

Except that you seem to be the only one seeing such comments. If there are so many of these "bubba" comments surely you shouldn't have trouble posting some to at least back up your stance. 

Ummm ya, ya kinda have to read the comments when the articles hit. You cant really search multiple article comments (if you know how, search it yourself) but next time I see one, I'll post it especially for you and you can move some goal posts or spin it some way or go off topic. You know, what you do best. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Except that you seem to be the only one seeing such comments. If there are so many of these "bubba" comments surely you shouldn't have trouble posting some to at least back up your stance. 

Ummm ya, ya kinda have to read the comments when the articles hit. You cant really search multiple article comments (if you know how, search it yourself) but next time I see one, I'll post it especially for you and you can move some goal posts or spin it some way or go off topic. You know, what you do best. 

Thanks for proving my point. 

I guess you couldn't search it for yourself either. Thanks for proving my point.

I will keep a eye out for the next neanderthal kiss and post it for you since you seem to be unaware of what's being said out there.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Thanks for proving my point. 

I guess you couldn't search it for yourself either. Thanks for proving my point.

I will keep a eye out for the next neanderthal kiss and post it for you since you seem to be unaware of what's being said out there.

So YOU make the claim certain things are being said and I'M supposed to provide the examples? Bwahahahahahahahahaha...that is rich....bwahahahahahahahahaha....carry on stimpey.

I think the avatar says it all...don't you??

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

1. ravensfaninflorida says:Jul 3, 2013 11:39 AM

Trust me….He is gonna get married. Just not in the way he wants to be.

“Mr Hernandez….. Big Bubba. I now pronounce you husband and husband. Mr Bubba. You may now ream the bride. 

1. jiggy3198 says:Jul 3, 2013 1:47 PM

Bubba going to be very upset

Sections
Shortcuts